Hello

Does anyone know if all my apps including OTA will work with the 8110?

I called to purchase the 8110 today and the AT&T guy wasn't sure if it would.

If I use desktop manager can I use the "switch device" option to move everything over to it?

I love my 8100 but want the GPS on the 8110!

What information can someone give about keeping the apps I have to work on 8110?

I know 90% of what I have will not work on my friends 8130 and everything I have I downloaded and purchased for the 8100!

Help please
    04-25-08 08:07 PM
    The OS of the device is what determines whether an app will work. What you will need to do is request new registration codes for all of your apps.

You may wish to take a look at the site in my signature. It's a product that allows you to store all of your 3rd party software registration data, and when you change devices, and thus change PIN numbers, just one click of a button can create all of the email messages to vendors requesting new codes.

There is a seven day trial period (fully functional). Give it a go and let me know what you think.
    04-25-08 08:39 PM
    Thank you for the advice! I don't understand Crackberry or Pinstack... you make posts for questions and no one answers them.
    Thanks for the help!!!!
    04-27-08 07:24 PM
    I just switched to the 8110 from the 8310 and using the new Desktop manager and the switch device option made switching everything over a snap, including all profiles. You will need to request new registration codes for OTA software. Good luck
    04-27-08 09:30 PM
    Thanks for all the advice from those you replied!! Blackberry finally replied to my email as well and said they apps will switch over fine because the 8100 is not much different than the 8110 in that aspect.

Epiguards, where did you get the quote? Who said it? I wanted to use it.
    04-28-08 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD