i have two questions about my phone. i go through verizon, and they dont know anything about it....

my first question.. is there a setting on the phone which will allow all calls/texts/etc to be silenced, but will still allow the alarm to sound in the morning? i use my phone as my alarm, and im sick of being awoken in the middle of the night by texts and phone calls when i have to be up at 6am everyday.

my second question.. my phone is constantly deleting all my text messages and my entire call log. i have taken it back to verizon five times now and they can do nothing about it. all they say is that the memoury is low, but i checked the status and its not. and i cant seem to find anywhere in the phone that will allow me to switch the option to not delete my call log/texts.

i appreciate your help!!
    02-25-08 12:01 PM
    Go to Profiles > Alarm Only, which will silence the BB to all other incoming means.

How much memory do you have? If it's less than 10 MB, then it IS low and you'll need to clean stuff up. There are great links all over these forums to help you clean up your BB. My favorite is How do I free up memory on my device? - BlackBerryFAQ.com
    02-25-08 12:07 PM
    I don't know about the deletion issue, but if you put your phone on silent (in profiles), the alarm will still kick your ace out of bed in the AM.

I did that very thing last night.
    02-25-08 12:08 PM
    Welcome to CB.

Have a read thru this, then read thru the two links in my sig.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f79/wil...standby-20422/
    02-25-08 12:09 PM
    i do not have an alarm only profile.... only loud, vibrate, quiet, normal, and phone only.. ???

also, as far as my memoury, i have a media card which i keep all my pics and songs on, but i do have a lot of ringtones on my phone.
    02-25-08 12:10 PM
    You could shut your phone off at night and the alarm will still work.
    02-25-08 12:14 PM
    I have all my alerts set to vibrate to keep me from being awaken and have my alarm set to a sound (theme to the office ) and it rings nice and loud to awaken me but calls/texts/bbm/gtalkc/emails don't.

as for the memory issue, read all the links.
    jenay...go into Profiles > Advanced > from there you can create a new profile which will allow you to set up an Alarm Only profile.

As far as memory, go into Options > Status and see how much memory you have. You may have been surfing the web and have a lot of memory allocated to cache. Allow, when was the last time you did a reboot (battery pull or SoftReset)? I've learned from these boards you want to do this every 1-2 weeks just to allow the BB to refresh itself and it's memory.
    in my status menu, it says i have 16750181 bytes free of 50462720 total. i cleared my browser caches and deleted unused languages and the sample video, but that still doesnt seem like a lot of memoury. i dont know what else i can do..?
    02-25-08 12:23 PM
    jen... 16 meg is fine. It seems to happen when you get down to less than 5 meg.
    For your second question... Since you've done all the memory suggestions try this... Open the message folder click Menu>Options>General Options>Keep Messages: Forever
    See if that helps.
    02-25-08 12:29 PM
    You have 16MB, which is more than ample to keep the messages from clearing on their own.
    02-25-08 12:29 PM
    thanks so much for your help..... i will try all the memoury tricks all of you have suggested.
    as far as creating an alarm only profile, i dont think thats going to work. i dont have any option to turn volume on or off or set ringers or anything for the alarm function on my phone. only tasks, calendar, sms texts, etc.
    02-25-08 12:37 PM
    Jen...Yes you do...

Do this:
    Click on the icon Profile.
    Scroll down to Off

Then go to Alarm and set your alarm.

You now have all sounds off except for your Alarm!
    02-25-08 12:53 PM
    I just disconnect mine from the network connection when I am using the alarm and don't want to be disturbed. Very easy and quick to do.
    02-25-08 12:53 PM
    ok i will try that. thanks again
    02-25-08 01:40 PM
    I have set my alarm and then turn the phone off.
    It then prompts me saying the phone will be turned on at ...(whatever time you set) and then the phone is off and turns on to your alarm setting. I wasn't sure if it would work at first, so I did a test and it works great. Beats getting woken up by e-mails, texts or drunken booty calls in the middle of the night.... well maybe you could forgive the last one, but you get the gist.
    02-26-08 01:26 PM
    so you actually power your phone off and the alarm functions???
    02-26-08 01:54 PM
    Man, I am going to start turning off my stuff at night.

It is probably good for it to have a break every now and then.
    02-26-08 02:20 PM
    yeah no kidding.. but i dont understand how any function could work on the phone if it is powered off.
    02-26-08 02:47 PM
    so you actually power your phone off and the alarm functions???
    Yes. Like I mentioned, I will set my alarm and then go to shut the phone off, it then shows a screen with this text: "the device is scheduled to turn on at (insert date and time here)" then you have 2 choices, either Turn Off (which will let the phone alarm turn on the phone at the time you set with the alarm sound you have chosen) or Full Power Off, which since I haven't used yet, am assuming will keep the phone off until you turn it on manually.

This phone rocks, it is not just a phone, it is a date book, a memo pad, an address book, an alarm clock, a media device and a ton of other things I'm sure I haven't figured out yet. It's awesome! Good luck with the alarm.

Matt
    02-27-08 06:07 AM
    Thank you for the scoop.
    02-27-08 06:23 AM
    This phone rocks, it is not just a phone, it is a date book, a memo pad, an address book, an alarm clock, a media device and a ton of other things I'm sure I haven't figured out yet. It's awesome!
    Yep, pretty amazing lil device... hence our addiction. So don't ever call it just a "phone"
    02-27-08 06:37 AM
    Good to see you got the alarm thing all figured out.. As for memory leak..0pull the battery, connect to desktop manager, backup your phone, and update the software from Verizon (even if it is the same version you have) and restart the phone. Reload your backed up info and you should be good to go! If you don't feel 100 percent comfortable, call vzw BB support and ask them how to backup and update. If they can't help..0call sprint, they know it quite well :-D

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-08 07:24 AM
    Yep, pretty amazing lil device... hence our addiction. So don't ever call it just a "phone"
    My most humblest of apologies!
    02-27-08 07:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD