I inserted my SIM card and now my internet explorer icon is gone and so is my set up internet email icon?

Why would that happen? And does anyone kno how I can fix this problem.
    I tried downloading another theme but that didnt work.

Any replies with help would be greatly appreciated!
    06-26-08 01:01 AM
    Need a little more background please. Did you have a different SIM card in, then replaced it with another? The BIS/BES service is attached to the SIM card. So if you were to remove the SIM card the service is with, and put in a different SIM card, that doesn't have BIS service, you aren't going to get it. And to correct you, it's not called internet explorer. It's the BB browser.
    06-26-08 01:11 AM
    You have to register the host routing table.
    Options>advanced>host routing
    Highligt the bold entry, menu key, finally register it. Now wait a few seconds and your icons will be back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 01:24 AM
    I did switch SIM cards but still have the same company, tmobile. I have done this before and it never gave me problems??

I just need my original icons back? anybody?
    06-26-08 01:44 AM
    yo thanks for the reply!

it didnt work... for some reason my explore, internet icon is gone and my email setup is gone?

I tried what you said didnt work... I have two tzone icons now for some reason?????
    06-26-08 01:47 AM
    You probably need to call and have them update your account info so they know there is a different SIM card in there. It just like I said previously. Internet is attached to the SIM card. If you get a new one, you gotta update your account info and transfer the services to the new SIM card.
    06-26-08 01:53 AM
    On a side note and maybe related, I also have to t zone icons. If anybody knows what is up with that it would be appreciated. Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-26-08 02:24 AM
    I believe I'm having the same issue and have done EVERYTHING known to mankind to try and fix this. I have wiped the handheld on the handset as well as using JL_Cmder. My carrier is T-Mobile and I have downloaded from their website the supported handset version (8100_Pearl_4.2.1.107.exe) as well as desktop manager version (BlackBerryDesktopManager_v4.3.0.17_English_No_Med ia_Mgr.exe). I went to Host Routing Table and clicked 'Register Now' as well as went to T-Mobile's site and sent the Service Books. Even did a few battery pulls. I have two email account's setup through TMo's site, deleted and re-added them hoping that might help. I was on the phone with T-Mobile as well as RIM for over an hour each and at this point I don't think it is their side by any means as they walked me through all of this. Customer service sent an email to each of my accounts which were retrieved on my computer, but not my phone. For the life of me, there is NO "Set up Internet E-mail" icon or browser icon, and yes "Show All" is selected on the Home Screen. At this point I believe I will have to send my phone in but don't know if it is still under warranty. I have a data plan, Tzones works, but no f*cking email. ANY HELP?!?
    07-30-08 01:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD