I have installed about 8 programs on my blackberry and now it runs super slow. Its not excessive but I would imagine it should still run better than it is.

I have 4gs of memory but I also noticed that other than a few pictures nothing is really stored on the memory card.

Can I store and run my programs off the memory card? Or is that limited to music, videos, and pictures?

I want to get a few books but I am afraid I will just crash my berry if I add anything else.
    05-01-08 01:25 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry.

I have installed about 8 programs on my blackberry and now it runs super slow. Its not excessive but I would imagine it should still run better than it is.
    Check this. Go to Options, Status and check the amount of File Free memory that you have. If it is less than 12Mb then there is your problem. Now e have to fix it.

I have 4gs of memory but I also noticed that other than a few pictures nothing is really stored on the memory card.
    As much as possible needs to be on the Media Card.

Can I store and run my programs off the memory card? Or is that limited to music, videos, and pictures?
    No, the system memory is used for the system (duh) and any/all installed programs. You can only store media on the card. RIM actually call it a Media Card.

I want to get a few books but I am afraid I will just crash my berry if I add anything else.
    Books would go on the Media Card.

Once you have cleaned up your memory, you should then remove the battery for about 30 seconds and replace it. Blackberrys need this about once a week to recover memory. If you do not do this, then the Blackberry will do itself and will start deleting stored emails and other stuff. This may sound terrible but if you are on a corporate serve the B;ackberry Enterprise Server (BES) then they can always be retrieved.

Come back here and ask anything you want (about a Blackberry
    ).
    05-01-08 02:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD