i read the thread about the track ball not scrolling up or down and it is now to late to go to the tmobile store! Does anyone have any other suggestions on how i might make it work??????????????
    04-30-08 11:49 PM
    Do a search across all the forums, this comes up quite regularly and there are a couple of threads that detail dismantling the trackball.
    04-30-08 11:53 PM
    ok i pushed on it vard while rolling and it worked
    Thank GAWD!!!!!!!!!!
    i was already jonesing for my crack(berry)
    04-30-08 11:55 PM
    thanks pete
    04-30-08 11:55 PM
    Try using a surgical rubber glove. I was having same issue, and absolutely nothing worked. I'v now cut the fingers off the gloves, carry them with me and put them on my thumbs when I'm using Pearl. If it doesn't kick in right away, give it a moment... It's not a fix -- just a bandaid when using trackball.
    05-01-08 09:26 AM
    Pushing the trackball in extra hard is probably not a good idea. These things just have a tendency to collect oil and grime from your fingers causing it to slip. Mine is currently failing on occasion, but not enough to warrant dismantling just yet. However my quick remedy is to just furiously roll the ball in circles randomly until it picks back up. Next time I will try a Q-tip with some alcohol to see if that helps clean it.
    05-01-08 01:27 PM
    thanks all
    Crackberry (heads ) rock!
    05-01-08 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD