My husband and I got 8100s in January, and any time he puts his phone down on top of the holster, it goes off. If it's on speakerphone in the middle of a call, it drops the call with a beep and goes dark. My phone will go dark when you do that sometimes, but not all the time.

This happens when it's put down on the holster that came with the phone. The bottom edge of the raised part hits right at the battery cover clasp--is there a connection? It will also happen if you touch the spot to the spot on the holster at an angle (not putting it down flat).

This is too weird, but oddly consistent. Can anyone tell me anything about this? Thanks!
    04-30-08 11:25 AM
    Yeah, the holster automatically puts the Berry to sleep when it's inserted. Nothing turns off, the screen just does dark - at least that's what mine does.
    04-30-08 12:01 PM
    ya actually the holster has a magnet in it any berry put near any magnet will go to sleep welcome to cb !
    04-30-08 12:03 PM
    Welcome to CB.

It sounds like you both are using holsters with a sleeper magnet. Any time you put your BB into the holster, it will shut off the screen and end any calls you are on to save on battery. You can edit these in holster and out of holster settings by editing the profiles.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...ications-1623/

If you want to stop the phone from ending calls when being put into the holster do this:

Press the dial button > Press Menu > Choose Options > General Options.

There you will see a setting for Auto End Calls. Change it from Into Holster to Never.
    04-30-08 12:04 PM
    Thanks for the welcomes. =)

This is also happening when it's just set on top of the holster. Is that still what's happening?
    04-30-08 03:49 PM
    Sure is....
    04-30-08 03:57 PM
    I swear I'm not a totally n00b (or whatever the appropriate CB term is!), but I can't find that menu setting anywhere. Options is the wrench icon, correct? The only "General Settings" can find is under security, and that only has options for "Lock handheld upon holstering" and "allow outgoing calls while locked." Both are only yes/no. Where else could these settings possibly be?

Thanks!
    05-01-08 01:42 PM
    You didn't follow our instructions correctly... You are looking at the wrong options menu. You need the phone options menu which you can get to by following the instructions below.

Press the dial button > Press Menu > Choose Options > General Options.
    05-01-08 01:57 PM
    ....Which is the "dial" button? I can't find a guide to the buttons, and the one with the green phone doesn't do it!
    05-01-08 02:30 PM
    I found it. Thanks for your help!
    05-01-08 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD