Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    i got a text from my sister yesterday but when I opened it, it just showed me the details of the number it was sent from and told be content could not be retreived, will expire February 9, 7:56pm. so i hit the menu button and chose retreive now. The lil' blue box popped up that said retreiving content and sat there FOREVA. okay, maybe it was only like a min. and then just disappeared. still no content. this has happened a couple times before. I guess I don't understand what the content issince it's a text msg, not MMS. can anybody educate me a lil' more on the BB World?
    02-07-08 08:00 AM
    I am a new user to BB as new as week if that. I am having the exact same problem and don't know what to do about it. I have rec'd two messages that I am unable to retreive regardless of how many times I try. Please help!
    02-15-08 12:00 AM
    I had a problem with AT&T, called support, and found that something had changed on my account, tada! Magic right, no they needed to fix the account.

I do see that both posts have T-mobile, hmmmm?
    Unannounced TM trouble?

Try calling TM.
    Good luck
    Rich
    02-15-08 06:58 AM
    Provisioning for the handset could be set up incorrectly. In which case it is best to call TMO and explain the problem.
    02-15-08 07:17 AM
    press and hold ALT & type lglg - if event log says warning, press menu, goto options, highlight warning and press ball, select debug info and save. clear log and pull battery. this works and other message means have to send an MMS from phone. to see picture goto tzones my account my album
    02-15-08 08:23 AM
    No not T-Mobile trouble is device issue with event log
    02-15-08 08:25 AM
    press and hold ALT & type lglg - if event log says warning, press menu, goto options, highlight warning and press ball, select debug info and save. clear log and pull battery. this works and other message means have to send an MMS from phone. to see picture goto tzones my account my album
    Awesome! Thank you for the info. Haven't received a message yet that has required me to retreive the content, but when I do, if I have any problems, I'll repost. Thanks again!!
    02-17-08 04:46 PM
    oh wow, thats nuts! definetly helps, thanks!
    02-17-08 05:45 PM
    so does this mean that now that i have done this that every time i get an mms message that ill have to go to my album to see the picture that i was sent?
    02-17-08 06:44 PM
    Everybody (blackberrt users) seems to be having this same problem especially if its a mms message.
    02-17-08 07:30 PM
    so does this mean that now that i have done this that every time i get an mms message that ill have to go to my album to see the picture that i was sent?

I'm having this same problem with MMS messages. I can send them fine, but received MMS messages go straight to my album.
    02-23-08 10:50 PM
    is this a problem with blackberry software after it gets to a certain poing because everybody is having this problem and they need to fix it
    02-26-08 09:44 PM
    is this a problem with blackberry software after it gets to a certain poing because everybody is having this problem and they need to fix it
    I agree its most def a blackberry software issue, cause the same happen to my work berry 7520 with nextel service.
    03-02-08 03:17 PM
    hmmmm i've never had the problem
    03-04-08 08:39 PM
    this happens to me often when I receive MMS messages. sometimes it will let me retrieve the data, but most of the time nothing appears. makes me soooo mad.
    03-05-08 08:49 PM
    has there been a fix for this yet? Is there new software or what? I've had this on and off for the last two months - some work, some don't. My album isn't even set up... would I get the image if I turned that on??
    03-28-08 07:48 PM
    t mobile 8100 and having tons of problems with MMS. Can't send ever. Retrieval works usually only about 24 hours after message has been received. really hope to have this fixed.
    04-02-08 08:30 PM
    I used to have this same problem and then I went and Enabled my firewall and now everything is received right away. My friend did this with his Curve and it started working with for him as well.
    04-05-08 12:41 PM
    I called cust svc and the girl told me that she had the same problem with her pearl. her friend in tech support said to send a pic msg to yourself with your phone first... it registers the phone on the network to receive pics, or something like that. Worked for me on my curve!
    Last edited by Silvertigress; 08-15-08 at 06:28 PM.
    08-15-08 06:26 PM
    BAH! Now i get the 'could not receive, try later' message. I guess its better than sending it straight to my album, but still not what i want...
    08-16-08 07:00 PM
    I used to have this same problem and then I went and Enabled my firewall and now everything is received right away. My friend did this with his Curve and it started working with for him as well.
    Yeah, same here.
    08-16-08 07:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD