1. MKO2004's Avatar
    My husband has a blackberry pearl 8100 with a broken I/U key. You have to push hard and at an odd angle to get the key to work. I've done some searching for parts to fix this, and I'm thinking I need to replace the mylar keypad sheet (not sure if this is the right term, but it looks like this:

    Am I right in thinking that it isn't just the actual keypad but the mylar keydome? I have taken it apart and there is nothing different about the I/U key on the keypad itself. I haven't been able to find any instructions for replacing the mylar keypad. Can anyone here give me some advice, please?

    12-07-08 07:13 PM
  2. MzLeen's Avatar
    Well, you have said that you have taken the phone apart, so did you see any way how the keypad disconnects from the circuit board? All I could find was some real good disassembly instructions with good pics, but it sounds like you have done that already. But I am thinking that if you can take it apart then you can figure out how the mylar disconnects from the circuit board once it is apart.

    12-07-08 08:24 PM
  3. MKO2004's Avatar
    It looks almost like a sticker. I haven't wanted to peel it off since my husband still needs to use the phone. Not sure what to do...
    12-07-08 09:09 PM