Hi all, just received a phone i bought off Ebay. Works fine but has a couple of annoying things (can't remove the password prompt or increase it from 2 mins before locking again). Looks like the IT policy is causing this.

I have wiped the handheld through security options but the IT policy just comes back. I've tried the command prompt instructions from here How to remove an obsolete IT policy from a BlackBerry smartphone that was activated on a BlackBerry Enterprise Server | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog but nothing happens (no error - just nothing happens)

Could someone help please? Thanks, John
    10-19-17 03:17 AM
    Follow this guide, and download CrackUtil from here.
    10-19-17 07:26 AM
    Hi BigBadWulf, thank you for your reply. I started with the notes you supplied but didn't actually need to finish them. I'll explain in case it helps others..

As I said I was 'Wiping' the phone from within the security settings on the phone which weren't really wiping it, because it would come back on with the same IT policy. From other sites I looked at, they suggested wiping the phone from within the Blackberry desktop software (click on the question mark in top right>Support Resources>Support Tools>Reset to Factory Settings.

I tried that but it would always say something along the lines of 'there was a problem resetting to factory settings'. Other command prompt ideas just didn't do anything.

So I started with your notes and one of the first things it said was it needed to be OS 4.3 or better. I check in the phone and see I'm running on 4.2, so using the Blackberry Desktop Software I upgraded to v4.5.0.180. I then thought it would be worth trying to do the 'Support Resources>Support Tools>Reset to Factory Settings' again and this time it PROPERLY wiped my phone, no more IT policy!! :-)

Thanks again for the reply, wouldn't have got this far without your help. John
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    10-20-17 05:06 AM
    Great to hear, John! Hope you enjoy the Pearl as much as I did.
    10-20-17 05:19 AM