i got into the pool with my phone is there any help i have let it dry out for around 5 days still wont turn on.
    04-29-08 08:57 AM
    if it was 5 days, normally by then it should be fine....try a new battery and if that doesn't work then its a paperweight
    04-29-08 09:00 AM
    Other than more drying time, not much you can do. Pool water contains enough salts and minerals that could easily dry and corrode any electrical connections within the BB, if you have powered it on during this time, you very likely fried something.

Here are some further tips...
    Got Your BlackBerry Wet? - BlackBerryFAQ

Good luck with it.
    04-29-08 09:01 AM
    ouch! it should have powered on by now... sry to say but RIP 8100
    04-29-08 09:19 AM
    Can you say spare parts......sorry to hear about your loss. If you are going to scrap it and don't have any takers I'll be glad to take it off your hands.
    Last edited by Threefive; 04-29-08 at 09:40 AM.
    04-29-08 09:24 AM
    phone in water = need new phone.
    04-30-08 06:38 PM
    Inside the BB there is a chemical water detector. On your phone this is a square of plastic stuck to the inside of the case and is located inside the back of the phone in the hole beside the battery.

If the phone has not been wet then this square will be white. It goes red if it has been exposed to water/liquid/high humidity. There is a second one deep inside the phone and another on the battery. No carrier will repair the phone free of charge if they see a red square.

If yours is still white, take it to a carrier and ask them to fix it under warranty.
    04-30-08 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD