About a week ago my bb pearl suddenly froze, and so I pulled the battery and it turned back on but the keyboard still didn't work, so I pulled the battery a couple more times and it didn't start working until I received a call and all the sudden it started working again. Today the same thing happened again and I received a call but that didn't even work this time. so I'm wondering if it has to do with some update or is it the hardware, or what????? Any suggestions would be helpful, thanks!!
    07-30-08 04:08 PM
    If you can get it fired up again, check your free memory.

Option>status>file free.

Tell us what that number is.
    07-30-08 04:14 PM
    Sounds to me as though you need to upgrade. Sounds like your poor pearl has just about had it. Might need to retire it
    07-30-08 04:16 PM
    Well I did read that the memory could have something to do with it so I hooked up the bb to the computer and it recognized it so I deleted all the pictures and songs I had on there, but it didn't work though!!?!?!?!?!?
    07-30-08 04:27 PM
    can you tell us what that number is?

otherwise, this is just a fun little guessing game for all of us to help you with your problem.
    07-30-08 04:29 PM
    It was about 1600 KB on the device memory. By the way the trackball works but when you press it it wont respond
    07-30-08 04:34 PM
    Check your numbers again. Just on your phone, not hooked up to your computer... Go to Options, then status, then tell us what the

File free

number is.
    07-30-08 04:43 PM
    Sorry I don't think I explained myself very well, none of the buttons on the bb work, so the phone turns on and receives calls but I can't make calls or do anything else on my bb so I can't see the file free.
    07-30-08 04:45 PM
    Ah - gotcha. My bad. I thought you were able to at least fire it up for a moment. Can you not trick it again by calling yourself from a landline, even for a few minutes? If not, you may be hosed.

You may have to resort to doing a recovery procedure, such as outlined here: BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    07-30-08 04:51 PM
    See I had done a system recovery on my computer so I had to upload the desktop software for the bb from the CD which I did but I'm not sure what prompted the software to do this but it made a backup of the information and applications and it took a while to do but I'm like ok its backing it up and restoring it, and everything worked fine about 2 days after that is when I started having problems with the keys on the bb, I dont know if that gives you any new information or should I continue with reloading the operating system??
    07-30-08 04:55 PM
    Picture me, banging my head against the wall.

Your first post mentioned nothing about you having gone through system recovery procedures and reloading. You asked if it was due to some "update or is it the hardware, or what?????"

I'll step aside and let the OS loading/fixing/debugging folks take over.
    07-30-08 04:59 PM
    I'm sorry, like I said this is the first time this has ever happened to me and wasn't sure what type of info to give, but thanks for your advice and time!!! Believe me I'm banging my head too!
    07-30-08 05:04 PM
    Hey AbeFroham if you get this message I followed the instructions to a Nuked bb, and let everything run and it said it was all successful but none of the buttons work still. In your opinion could this be hardware related??
    07-30-08 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD