for some reason i switch my ringtones for people, and save them and the ringtone is still the default t mobile ring. it even says the ringtone title in their contact info or fav 5 info. what can i do to fix this?
    07-27-08 11:36 PM
    07-27-08 11:40 PM
    sorry this does not seem to work, when a call comes in i still get the default phone tune.
    07-28-08 12:49 AM
    I have had that same issue in the past. When you go to the profile selection(when you set your phone to LOUD, VIBRATE, PHONE ONLY, etc...) and you select advanced and then the profile you are using;
    you should see where it will tell you exceptions where it says something along the lines of use profile except for the following. then you should see the names of the people you have with special ringtones.

I have deleted all those exceptions and started from scratch (reset all ringtones). I also make sure that the numbers of my contacts who are outside of my area code are entered in the same format as +15555555555 no spaces parenthesis dashes or anything. Generally works after this. Are you on Tmobile with the faves program?
    07-28-08 09:03 AM
    yes i have the fav 5 program, a walkthrough would be great if you have the time.
    07-28-08 03:19 PM
    Not blowing you off, will get something up tomorrow.
    07-28-08 11:21 PM
    nevermind i reread what you said and fiddled around a bit, i got it working now. thanks!
    07-29-08 03:10 AM
    glad you got it working! Funny, have you seen todays Blackberry 101 on the blog?
    07-29-08 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD