i've had my pearl for a year...i know it's ancient now....but i CANNOT for the life of me understand....i can't adjust the volume up....like the up button doesn't respond at all...even when i press it to turn the screen on...it just doesn't work....
    i have to reset my phone like twice daily just to keep it from deleting my text messages....it freezes CONSTANTLY!
    it takes like three minutes for me to even review pictures...what can i do?!?!?
    Please help me....and my computer won't download the software updates from Tmobile onto my phone....i fell like i'm in a hopeless situation until i get a new phone!
    07-29-08 10:54 AM
    do you have insurance on the phone? Did you try and take it to the store to see if they could help? You might get lucky and they may give you a new phone.
    07-29-08 10:56 AM
    Good news is, this is a simple problem. You are low on memoury. Go to Options>Status and please report back with the exact number you see for available mem.
    07-29-08 10:56 AM
    As far as fixing this issue, do a search for Stoner's Guide to Memoury Optimization. Follow the steps. Or, download MaxMem from BlackBerryTrade.com. Also, be sure you are properly closing out apps via Menu>Close. You can also clear your internet cache and event log, which will help. Make sure you are storing all media on a media card, and finally do a battery pull a couple times a week. This will clear up a ton of memoury.
    07-29-08 10:58 AM
    Its unlikely the volume not adjusting is a memory problem. Also unlikely that the phone not coming back from standby is a memory issue when it works with other keys. Its much more likely the button either moved out of place or has been damaged/destroyed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-08 10:59 AM
    i've had my pearl for a year...i know it's ancient now....but i CANNOT for the life of me understand....i can't adjust the volume up....like the up button doesn't respond at all...even when i press it to turn the screen on...it just doesn't work....
    i have to reset my phone like twice daily just to keep it from deleting my text messages....it freezes CONSTANTLY!
    it takes like three minutes for me to even review pictures...what can i do?!?!?
    Please help me....and my computer won't download the software updates from Tmobile onto my phone....i fell like i'm in a hopeless situation until i get a new phone!
    The Stoner Guide that Jenay referred to is in my sig. Losing texts and slow operation definitely sound like low free memoury...the volume button may be something else.
    07-29-08 11:04 AM
    Isnt memory spelled MEMORY? Remember
    07-29-08 05:34 PM
    I don't no I think you mite by chance be correct, Lol

07-29-08 11:09 PM
    Isnt memory spelled MEMORY? Remember
    Yeah. I suppose if you are american, it is.

07-29-08 11:11 PM
    My apologies...my spelling was meant as a wink at jenay, not to cause any ill will...and our beloved Canadian manufacturer has been known to spell it the same way!

07-29-08 11:25 PM
    My apologies...my spelling was meant as a wink at jenay, not to cause any ill will...and our beloved Canadian manufacturer has been known to spell it the same way!

I caught that and knew what you meant.

I'm just getting increasingly sick of not only being corrected ten times a day, but also having to explain myself to people who don't realize that other countries may spell certain words differently than america....

07-29-08 11:51 PM
    I caught that and knew what you meant.

I'm just getting increasingly sick of not only being corrected ten times a day, but also having to explain myself to people who don't realize that other countries may spell certain words differently than america....

Gosh... ignorant SOB's these days

lol!!! just kidding that's mean of me
    07-30-08 12:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD