ok i have only had my pearl for a few days now the other day while i was doing a text i noticed that my 5 button wouldn't work...i pulled the battery and all was fine, well thismorning i woke up went to reply to a text to my mom and again the 5 button dosn't work but when i pulled the battery an turned it back on it still didn't work .....im concerned my battery is low but i don't see how that would affect things so right now the phone is off charging ...anyone with any suggestions..i really need my 5 buton
    07-29-08 10:33 AM
    How long have you had the device? A warranty replacement seems like a good option... most of the time hardware failure is not pretty
    07-29-08 10:35 AM
    ive only had it a few days i am not sure that its a hardware issue i do know that my battery i seriousally low and when i woke up it was frozen for a sec or two
    07-29-08 10:39 AM
    ok so now ive figured out that it wasn't frozen when i woke up it was asking me if i wanted to assign a speed dial to the 5 and i clicked no....just a bit ago that pop up did it again and for **** of it i clicked yes chose one and again the five button didn't work....so im sure its not a hardware HELP lol
    07-29-08 10:52 AM
    ok so i kinda got the hint that there is dust or something under the keyboardso one suggestion in other forums is a haridryer i did that and it worked for a few minutes then it stoped again ...so the other suggestion is the electronic duster or taking the phone apart i don't have a tork screw so does anyone think the duster would work
    07-29-08 02:29 PM
    If the phone is new, you really should make this an SEP.

What's an SEP I hear you ask.

Somebody Else's Problem.

Take it back to the store and get them to replace the phone and transfer all your personal data across as well as registering the new device on the dataplan and BIS.

It's what these folk are paid to do.

Your phone has a hardware (pain in the a$$) or a software (needs an OS upgrade) problem. It needs replacing.
    07-29-08 02:35 PM

Somebody Else's Problem.

Take it back to the store and get them to replace the phone and transfer all your personal data across as well as registering the new device on the dataplan and BIS.

Your phone has a hardware (pain in the a$$) or a software (needs an OS upgrade) problem. It needs replacing.

Exactly!! If this issue is not your fault, and the device is new... which you said it is, then you need to get a new device under warranty!! Take it back to TMobile!
    07-29-08 02:39 PM
    they wont replace it i called there being buts and saying i did something and i didn't i woke up and it was like this lol..idk what a horrible day...you think reinstalling the os would help
    07-29-08 02:39 PM

Somebody Else's Problem.

Pete omg man thats the funniest ****e I have heard inna while.... SEP all the way!!!!!
    07-29-08 05:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD