04-29-14 02:46 PM
83 ... 234
tools
    Hey,

I tried all these steps mentioned above about copying files here and there and going exploring and yadda yadda, none of these worked. Then I had this idea pop into my head.. and IT WORKED!

This is what I just did and it worked perfectly.

I found a theme that I wanted, problem is it is a .jar file. SO.. to get it to install, simply copy the EXACT URL LINK for the .JAR file and EMAIL it to your blackberry. Open the email on your blackberry, click the link and it downloads. The theme works perfect right now.

*IF* For some reason you can't CLICK on the link, copy the link using the blackberry select and copy format, then open your browser on the blackberry, click GO TO, and paste the link. This will take you directly to the download option

Hope this helps
    Mac
    THANK YOU! it worked perfectly
    01-15-11 12:41 PM
    trying to download JAD file, saved it on media card but when i went to download got an error message "907 Invalid COD"?? please help
    02-20-11 02:42 AM
    trying to download JAD file, saved it on media card but when i went to download got an error message "907 Invalid COD"?? please help
    This error code means that the JAD file is supposed to have an associated COD files, i recommend that you download JAD files using OTA Downloader or OTA itself fixes all issues there.
    03-01-11 04:08 AM
    @ all of us
    for me had this problem,many bb's they ask extra charges for blackberry to use Internet as ask a fries told me to use BOLT BROWSER so as i can configure my self and browse is there any other browser accept this ma function,without going to service provider and use Internet freely?
    03-06-11 03:27 AM
    Hello Bla1ze,
    I have same problem with the jar file. I store the file on my Media card, when I download it, I have error message # 907. Do you have any idea or solution ? Please help me !!
    03-04-12 02:43 PM
    Hello Bla1ze,
    I have same problem with the jar file. I store the file on my Media card, when I download it, I have error message # 907. Do you have any idea or solution ? Please help me !!
    You're missing the cod files necessary to install the app. Which app is it? I may be able to provide the files.
    03-04-12 04:09 PM
    This Works......I've Had So Many Probs. Downloading Converters An They Didn't Get Me Anywhere......But 2 See How Easy This Was WAAAW!!! Just Remember 2 Create A Folder As The Forum Says An Follow Through Step By Step Only Jar Or Jad Files People! Word...
    06-10-13 09:28 AM
    Ok. I know this is an old thread. Howerver this thread helped me figure it out. As an exmaple i will be side-Loading the

1. Use FireFox or Chrome on a computer
    2. Get an extension the lets you change you USERAGENT to a black berry.
    3. Download the JAD file.
      Code:
      http://www.rsa.com/bb351
    4. open it in a text editor.
    5. Look For lines with
      Code:
      RIM-COD-URL
      Those are multiple part downloads. You need them all.
    6. In your FF/Chrome download window. Copy the Link the JAD file came from. Change the file at the end of link from
      Code:
      http://www.emc.com/collateral/software-downloads/bb351/SecurID.jad
      Code:
      http://www.emc.com/collateral/software-downloads/bb351/SecurID-1.cod
      etc.
    7. Get all of the .COD files and try to get JAR file if lists one. If not, it's optional.
    8. put them all in a single Directory on your media card
    9. Browse to it with the FILES app on the BB.

Example form BB RSA SecurID token app
    Code:
    RIM-COD-URL-4: SecurID-4.cod
    RIM-COD-URL-3: SecurID-3.cod
    RIM-COD-URL-2: SecurID-2.cod
    MIDlet-Jar-URL: SecurID.jar
    RIM-COD-URL-1: SecurID-1.cod
    Last edited by thesavo; 04-29-14 at 03:30 PM.
    04-29-14 02:46 PM
83 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD