04-29-14 03:46 PM
83 1234
tools
    Very helpful....Thanks guys
    01-08-10 05:11 PM
    the .jar file i wanna download from my comp is a theme. is it possible to do that one? :S
    02-10-10 07:23 AM
    Yes, I have done that ofter.
    02-10-10 10:18 AM
    you can only download .jad files through the blackberry browser...god demmit how many times has this topic been brought up...
    for .jar files .... only some jar files are compatible with blackberries, thats why you get a "download failed error"
    try going to "mobilerated.com" they show you the compatible jar apps... once u choose ur phone.
    And if u dont got a memory card use the "jar2alx" application by brand swift
    google it up...
    and also theres a great ota downloader for bb, if u donthave a data plan
    its called "OTA downloader"
    you enter the link of the .jad file and it will load all the necessary .cod files into a certain directory, most likely the one u downloaded it to. once you got the .cod and .jad files you can copy them to ur SD card, click on the .jad and the installation will go smoothly
    But make sure the .jad link is a valid BlackBerry OTA link or the OTA downloader will give u an error.

i think this topic should be close now... to be honest.
    Last edited by Ansaf; 02-10-10 at 06:12 PM. Reason: To add more info.
    02-10-10 06:07 PM
    I used the BB browser to download the .jad files and that worked. Thanks to the theme developer.
    03-10-10 05:14 PM
    KJUN you are the man thankyou
    04-03-10 01:59 PM
    the answer to all of our problems, but I couldnt figure it out. Why so hard

i just want to be able to load .jad or .jars on my 4gb card and be able to see them on the blackberry or convert them

Someone can make a killing on a converter prog that is easy and works[/QUOTE]

Because RIM does not care once they sell the product. They do not provide intuitive OS's.
    04-15-10 08:55 PM
    I pay for the POS themes and I can't load them on the POS bold 9000.
    04-15-10 08:59 PM
    you can only download .jad files through the blackberry browser...god demmit how many times has this topic been brought up...
    for .jar files .... only some jar files are compatible with blackberries, thats why you get a "download failed error"
    try going to "mobilerated.com" they show you the compatible jar apps... once u choose ur phone.
    And if u dont got a memory card use the "jar2alx" application by brand swift
    google it up...
    and also theres a great ota downloader for bb, if u donthave a data plan
    its called "OTA downloader"
    you enter the link of the .jad file and it will load all the necessary .cod files into a certain directory, most likely the one u downloaded it to. once you got the .cod and .jad files you can copy them to ur SD card, click on the .jad and the installation will go smoothly
    But make sure the .jad link is a valid BlackBerry OTA link or the OTA downloader will give u an error.

i think this topic should be close now... to be honest.

The file BSCJartoALX1_2.zip does not exist and neither does the website so closing this topic is NOT THE WAY TO GO.

There needs to be an elegant method to install a theme. Like windows. Simple, not so many different WORKAROUNDS!!! With no real simple method.

I am surprised at the RIM Apologists on this site. They continually demand users to become beta testers and techies. They say either be that or quit complaining and they try to close threads where people are complaining.

Closing the thread is the method to put ones head in the sand. I prefer RIM to fix this rather than just saying, "To heck with it, I just won't install a theme." WHICH HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE ARE DOING.

Look at the google search for themes help in BB. Hundreds of thousands and what does RIM do?

Nothing. What do people do on here. DEMAND THAT YOU BE A TECHIE. I can change a windows theme in a minute.

With BB????

POS!
    04-16-10 01:14 AM
    Derek, rant all you want, but I've never had a problem simply downloading OTA. Do you have a BlackBerry data plan?

WAPers do it With A Passion
    I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!
    I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-10 10:14 AM
    Derek, rant all you want, but I've never had a problem simply downloading OTA. Do you have a BlackBerry data plan?

I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!

Yes I do. All I get is error COD messages.

For me, well I believe it should and COULD be as easy to install themes in BB as it is in Windows.
    04-16-10 02:01 PM
    That son is called humor. By chance, is that a 907 error code. Details are everything.

If everyone spoke Wulfanese, they wouldn't need to click here for a translation.
    Click Here To Be Banned*

04-16-10 04:00 PM
    Hi

I have a .jad file and .jar and all of the other files needed to install the program in question.

The .jad does not have a direct link online.

But when I explore to the jad and press the menu button, there is no download option. When I click the file it gives the following error message:

Error: Invalid manifest or application descriptor.

The "MIDlet-Version" attribute is not a valid version number.

I am using v5.0.0.592 (platform 5.2.0.64) on a Curve 8520.

Thanks

07-11-10 04:08 PM
    Hi

I have a .jad file and .jar and all of the other files needed to install the program in question.

The .jad does not have a direct link online.

But when I explore to the jad and press the menu button, there is no download option. When I click the file it gives the following error message:

Error: Invalid manifest or application descriptor.

The "MIDlet-Version" attribute is not a valid version number.

I am using v5.0.0.592 (platform 5.2.0.64) on a Curve 8520.

Thanks

If you have the cod and jad in the same fie folder, the issue would be the jad not being complete. Use notepad to open that and the alx for the cod, and copy over the alx info till all the blanks are filled. Sorry for the Wulfanese, but it makes sense in my mind.
    07-13-10 10:00 PM
    Here's how I installed jar files onto my blackberry 9700.

1. Download the .jar file to your computer
    2. Connect your blackberry to Desktop Manager with your usb cable (If prompted, turn Mass Media Mode on)
    3. Navigate to the downloaded .jar file on your computer, then copy it
    4. Navigate to your blackberry storage folder
    5. Create a new folder in the blackberry storage and name it
    6. The .jad file is now on your blackberry, so you can disconnect the usb cable
    7. From the blackberry, press the menu key, go to your applications folder, then select "files", then select media card
    8. Navigate to the folder that you created and open it
    9. Open the .jad file in the folder, then select download.
    07-14-10 12:57 PM
    If you have the cod and jad in the same fie folder, the issue would be the jad not being complete. Use notepad to open that and the alx for the cod, and copy over the alx info till all the blanks are filled. Sorry for the Wulfanese, but it makes sense in my mind.
    There is no alx file.

I did manage to get the download option to come up using jonwallace's method though.

But I get the same error message when I select download.

Thanks
    07-17-10 03:40 PM
    Hi Everyone,

So Ive downloaded the JAR file and can find it no problem. The problem I have now is that it wont download it. Getting a "dowload failed" message when I try. Had this happened to anyone else? How can I get this to work?

Cheers,

P
    07-31-10 11:08 PM
    Hey,

I tried all these steps mentioned above about copying files here and there and going exploring and yadda yadda, none of these worked. Then I had this idea pop into my head.. and IT WORKED!

This is what I just did and it worked perfectly.

I found a theme that I wanted, problem is it is a .jar file. SO.. to get it to install, simply copy the EXACT URL LINK for the .JAR file and EMAIL it to your blackberry. Open the email on your blackberry, click the link and it downloads. The theme works perfect right now.

*IF* For some reason you can't CLICK on the link, copy the link using the blackberry select and copy format, then open your browser on the blackberry, click GO TO, and paste the link. This will take you directly to the download option

Hope this helps
    Mac
    KahnesPrincess likes this.
    08-17-10 06:53 AM
    Hi, I try to laod JAR file to my blackberry my using the application loader, but it failed, error said its not a xlx format. What should I do?
    08-29-10 01:19 AM
    I try to download the JAR file to my phone, but the errie message is 907 invalid file. What is wrong? Please someone help.
    08-29-10 01:41 AM
    I try to download the JAR file to my phone, but the errie message is 907 invalid file. What is wrong? Please someone help.
    What app are you trying to access? You should be on BlackBerry for your browser setting, and clicking the OTA install link.
    08-29-10 02:04 AM
    For everyone having the troubles, here is how tho do this.
    You can install OTA files directly from your blackberry by clicking the file or copying the link and pasting to your explorer or email, but if for any reason you cannot get it working OTA you can download it on computer and get it installed locally without connecting your bb to internet.
    OK, first of all on computer download the jad file. It is usually short (9kb) file, but contains all the information you need. If you copy only this file on memory card and start it from blackberry it will crash the download with that COD Error message popup. That message basically tells you that you do not have COD files needed that comes with jad file to install the whole application. You need those COD files. If you have connection, they could be downloaded directly from blackberry as you start jad file installation, but if not, you will get the COD error. That is why for some of you it was enough to get only jad to your blackberry and start it, COD were downloaded and application installed. But if you do not have connection, you need to get those COD files in the same folder with jad file for application to be installed. What to do to install this completely offline is you open the jad file using Firefox and you will see several http links listed for all the COD files needed (for example RIM-COD-URL-9: h tp://download.meebo.com/blackberry/1.0/5.0/Meebo-9.cod). Just click them all, one by one, do not skip any of them you will need all of them, and save them in the folder (named for example APPL) together with jad file. Now copy the whole folder containing jad and all COD files to your blackberry memory card ( for example put it to folder F:\BlackBerry\ringtones) then, put the card back to blackberry, disconnect blackberry from computer and on your blackberry go to Media, select menu button (the button left of the trackball) and there select Explore and go to your folder you just copied on the card ( in our example it is Media Card>BlackBerry>ringtones>APPL folder). Now select the jad file and installation will start in a second. Select "Download" and application will install without problems.
    09-22-10 02:40 PM
    hello georgecoat,

I am using BB 8320 Curve, OS: 4.5.0.55
    I am trying to download the meebo application from my blackberry device.
    But I get an error, "Cannot connect".
    I am using the below mentioned link from the blackberry browser via WiFi.

meebo.com/blackberry/latest

I read in your post that the cod files can be downloaded and the application can be loaded in to the blackberry device via desktop manager.
    Will u please provide the links to download the cod files for meebo application.

Thanks,
    Vinay
    10-11-10 01:00 PM
    How do you load JAR files onto a SD Card?
    10-21-10 11:43 PM
    you must convert it to an .alx file
    10-23-10 11:52 AM
83 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD