04-29-14 02:46 PM
83 1234
tools
    I also get the 907 error:

907 Invalid COD
    File not found
    03-05-09 11:02 AM
    Sorry, the .jad is used for OTA (over the air). Meaning these are normally online somewhere, and you browse to it from the BlackBerry, and it does the install for you...

I did this to get a theme and restarted the phone and everything but it's still not showing up in my theme option. It shows its been downloaded if I look on my BB manager in the application list.

Any help with this?
    03-08-09 08:44 PM
    Okay, I got a jar file installed but it didn't work/won't connect/whatever. So now how do I get it out of my list of apps?!
    03-11-09 08:32 PM
    Hey you guys, I just figured out how to get the .jad theme files on the 8330 curve. All you have to is download the file from your phone. Once it is installed, the file will appear in your theme list. It work for me.
    04-09-09 11:29 PM
    I could not make this work. I tried may different blackberry jad and jar files they all say download failed after trying for a few seconds after I hit "download"

I put them on the mem card. goto media menu explore select the jad or jar

it gives a basic description with a download button I hit download

a progress bar appears and sayd download name of app

then after a bit it says download failed.

suggestions? (this is a sprint 8830 WE)
    04-28-09 05:31 PM
    I have done this a few times with captureit and keep getting the download failed. When I look at the details is (907 invalid COD fie not found). Any ideas anyone
    04-29-09 10:44 AM
    How do u "explore" to the memory card?
    I am new blackberry, and this forum, and I found this thread helpful, but I was also stumped on a few of the details too. Exactly how do you explore files on a Blackberry? There is no obvious way, until I found that you can use the media manager to explore, and it is built in. Nice :-)

I pasted the details below (because this forum won't let me past the link until I have 10 posts) but complete credit should go to butterscotch.com for this nice simple tutorial.

-----

- On your BlackBerry navigate to the Media Manager and press the trackball or touchscreen. (On my BB Curve it is an icon that says Media)

- In Media Manager press the BlackBerry Menu button and select Explore.

- You'll see the folders for your BlackBerry.

- If you're connected to your PC you will not be able to access files on
    your memory card.

- You can move through the folders using the trackball or touchscreen.

- Press the BlackBerry menu key to see the options you have for each file.

- You can play media files, delete files, and much more.

- With graphics files you can even set them as the Home screen background.

Happy exploring!
    07-17-09 08:04 PM
    THIS WORKS. I just finished doing it.To install .jar files on Blackberry, download .jar file to your PC. Open Media Manager with your device connected. Navigate to the device in Media Manager. Create a folder call Games or use one already established on your device. Move .jar file from the downloaded location to the new folder by drag and drop. File is now on your Blackberry. On the Blackberry, scroll to your Media icon and select. Hit the menu button and select Explore. Go to The downloaded folder and select the file.
    Use the media manager. I used a .jar file. Once you have the .jar/.jad on your berry you no longer need to be connected. Also after you finished you can remove the .jar/.jad.
    This is 100% accurate...this works!!
    07-18-09 07:13 PM
    fxstsb and pettigrew95 are correct. The problem I find is that even though games and applications are listed as compatible with my curve they are not. You may load the file but may not work through no fault of these guys. Example I have a 8330 and downloaded a free game pinball. I went through the proceedure and it told me loaded correctly. I tried to play pinball and the curve locked up. Tried to turn off the curve and it still played the darn music from the game. I had to remove the battery to get it to stop. Then I had to use the manager to remove the game. Be careful to what you load it may not be compatible.
    07-26-09 08:48 PM
    i have a problem abt outgoing call when i call mobile show call failed. i change my sim other phones its working and other sim also gud working in my mobile but my sim not working on it. before 15 days it was working gud i also change my sim same number. it has same problam again. now in mobile desktop there are a sign show on uper right side abc at signal sign.before its not there. so plz help what i should do to solve this problam
    07-31-09 12:45 AM
    thanks this helped
    07-31-09 01:44 AM
    I have loaded the JAD file on my BB Curve 8310 but when I explore and try to down load it from the menu on my blackberry it fails.
    How can I load and enjoy the theme.
    08-07-09 01:48 AM
    cany download jar files..comes up invalid jar??
    08-09-09 11:27 AM
    can anybody help me with this??
    08-09-09 11:28 AM
    im having the same kinda prob>> but with jar files>> it either fails<or says invalid jar>> was told i needed a java emulator.. idk much bout these things i need anwsers too
    08-09-09 11:30 AM
    cany download jar files..comes up invalid jar??

E-STEALTH IS THE WORLD'S LARGEST SELLER OF MOBILE PHONE SPY SOFTWARE & EQUIPMENT, STEALTH GADGETS, LISTENING & RECORDING DEVICES!
    An invalid file means the company's program is broken. There is nothing you can do with broken code.
    08-09-09 11:51 AM
    1. Connect bb to computer as a storage drive
    2. Copy .jar/.jad file to bb
    3. Disconnect bb from computer
    4. Open media folder on bb
    5. Press menu key
    6. Select 'Explore'
    7. Select 'Media Card'
    8. Select .jar/.jad
    9. Watch install progress bar
    10. Enjoy app or curse its maker
    08-29-09 05:06 PM
    oops..
    #9 above should be
    9. Select 'Download'
    08-29-09 05:15 PM
    1. Connect bb to computer as a storage drive
    2. Copy .jar/.jad file to bb
    3. Disconnect bb from computer
    4. Open media folder on bb
    5. Press menu key
    6. Select 'Explore'
    7. Select 'Media Card'
    8. Select .jar/.jad
    9. Watch install progress bar
    10. Enjoy app or curse its maker

After doing this it shows "failed to download" maybe beacuse is a theme?
    09-03-09 02:30 PM
    If you download the entire OTA file, and install all of it in a folder on your SD, then use explore to access the jad, you will have your install.

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 06:37 PM
    Ok does anyone know how to fix the error problem? I've been wrestling this all night.
    10-25-09 02:53 AM
    Ok does anyone know how to fix the error problem? I've been wrestling this all night.
    What error are you getting, and I may be able to help.

10-25-09 03:01 AM
    i did the the copy from pc to media card tried to download set all permisions to allow now i get 907 invalid COD a network error occoured !
    10-28-09 05:14 PM
    i did the the copy from pc to media card tried to download set all permisions to allow now i get 907 invalid COD a network error occoured !
    That could be any number of problems.

"But bacon's not the only thing that's cured by hanging from a string"
    -- Hugh Kingsmill.

10-29-09 04:48 AM
    Your Blackberry must be connected online and active with a data plan when you try to load the jad file or you will receive the "COD error".

jad files are often just 1kb when you download them and point to a website for the blackberry to download the entire file from.
    11-23-09 04:43 PM
83 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD