Hey wassup guys? I am new to these forums, but let me get straight to the point.

I believe my phone has been hacked. Why, you may ask? Well because about a month ago, my emails stopped being forwarded to my phone. At the same time, I would log into AIM at home it would say that my account was already active somewhere else (no one else has my password). At the same time, I was unable to connect to the data plan internet, or any internet related applications on my phone. Does this sound about right? IF so, is there a way to find an "ip" of the person who is receiving my emails and logging into my AIM account? If not, ill settle for just fixing the problem and security gap. Thanks for your help in advance!
    04-28-08 07:10 PM
    Welcome to CB. I think you are being a little paranoid about things. A BlackBerry is a very secure platform.

If you are already signed onto AIM in one location (like your PC), then sign in to the same AIM account in another location (like your BB), you will receive a message saying you are signed on in two locations and to send 1 to sign off the other location. This does not mean your account has been hacked.

For your email problem, sign into T-Mobile's BIS web site and resend your service books.

How do I resend my service books? - BlackBerryFAQ
    04-28-08 07:31 PM
    Welcome to CB!!!!
    04-29-08 04:00 PM
    As sunkast says, the Blackberry is pretty secure. You may have seen the recent news item where the Indian Govt. shut dowm the Blackberry BES network because they were unable to crack it and read emails.

Far more likely is that your email and BIS (especially BIS) account name and passwords have been compromised.

The fix: change all your passwords and then change them again in a week.

If that does not work then call your Service Provider.
    04-29-08 04:14 PM
    Was your phone brand new when you got it or was it a used one?

If it was a used one (even refurb), make sure with Tmo that they have already disassociated the former owner's account with the PIN of the phone. This is only for your internet connection problem and after you have done a battery pull.

As for the AIM, I agree with sunkast about making sure that you are not connected to it on your phone and at the same time on another device like a pc. This also actually happens on Yahoo IM. If you want to be simultaneously connected to both desktop and phone, try jivetalk instant messenger. I've heard it will let you be signed-on on both w/o problems.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-08 04:23 PM
    Was your phone brand new when you got it or was it a used one?
    Whoa! Good call. Check that one out double speed.
    04-29-08 04:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD