I'm a newbie, so sorry for this question that may sound stupid, but.... Can I use any kind of heatset on my blackberry pearl to listen to music and videos, or do I have to get a BB Brand headset??
    04-30-07 03:03 PM
    did you not get a stereo headset with your Pearl?
    04-30-07 03:10 PM
    Nop, ... I live in mexico, so i guess BB packages are not the same world wide ... does that means I have to buy a specific BBPearl Headset?
    04-30-07 03:17 PM
    Erm, maybe ! I will have to check what my wife got, however, i have to admit - I cant remember the headset that she got was an original OEM. But it was a definite Stereo headset.

It looked something like this - which you could probably pci up for $10 but its how much you want to spend
    04-30-07 03:21 PM
    There are a wide variety of headsets that will work with the Pearl. Just make sure that it fits a 2.5mm jack. I received a BB stereo headset, but wasn't all that pleased with it, so I picked up a Jabra C220s, which works wonderfully. I posted about it earlier...on this thread here. Or there is always the option of buying the 3.5mm-to-2.5mm adapter (something like $10 or so) and using your regular 3.5mm headphones. (which is what my girlfriend is doing). hope this helps!
    04-30-07 03:46 PM
    good tip... pretty simple, but I hadn't thought about it! I think I am going to go with the adapter idea, i already have a headset that i like!
    04-30-07 04:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD