05-01-08 08:35 PM
29 12
tools
    ok so about an hour ago i dropped my pear into the toilet and quickly grabbed it out. i took it apart immediately and dried it off with a hairdryer, making sure to also dry out the holes. i put the sim card and battery back in and turned it on. it work fine for about 45 minutes and now i have no signal and it says "sim card error". what does that mean and what can i do about it?
    04-19-08 07:03 PM
    Reboot maybe you'll get lucky and come to life. If not, you can cry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-19-08 07:06 PM
    That happened to me before. I dropped it in a cup of hennessy, don't ask how lol.

After letting it sit overnight and air-drying I lucked out and it worked fine.
    04-19-08 07:10 PM
    I read somewhere to set the parts in a bowl of rice. It should suck out all residual moisture. Through diffusion or whatnot.

04-19-08 07:14 PM
    How does everyone alway manage to drop their phone in the toilet when peeing lol?

Are you sitting?..... or laying the phone on your lap?
    04-19-08 07:16 PM
    I haven't done that yet, but have come close.. Needless to say I was standing up.. Texting with one hand, you know what with the other... lol.
    04-19-08 07:19 PM
    so blitzed how did you drop it into hennessy?
    04-19-08 07:36 PM
    Well... since you asked...
    I was in the backseat of a car (I wasn't driving). We were club hopping and I slipped my drink out one club to drink on the way to the other one. So I had the cup sitting in between my legs while I was texting and I dropped the phone straight into the drink.. lol.
    04-19-08 07:38 PM
    Toilet Water....Gross =]
    04-19-08 07:42 PM
    yeah...i think if i dropped my pearl into a toilet i would just flush it..

even IF i got it out and IF i got it dry and IF it worked ...

every thime i put it up to my ear i would be thinking..."this was in the TOILET!!"

eewwwwww....

-db
    04-19-08 07:45 PM
    Put it into a bowl of rice and into a cupboard for a day or two so it absorbs the moisture. It worked for my old sony ericcson phone!
    04-19-08 07:54 PM
    How does everyone alway manage to drop their phone in the toilet when peeing lol?

Are you sitting?..... or laying the phone on your lap?
    it's happened to me twice... once many years ago at a bar. I set it on the back of the toilet and stumbled and it fell in.

the second time I was bar-tending and had my phone in my back pocket, next thing i know my phone was in the toilet. divine intervention, because this is when i went to bb.
    04-19-08 09:28 PM
    My wife dropped her phone in the toilet. Fell out of her back pocket. I tend to hold it way away from the toilet to keep it safe

04-19-08 09:35 PM
    i dropped a razr in a urinal once was very tempted to leave it there lol
    04-19-08 09:36 PM
    That is gross. I would get a new phone. Phone in toilet = pis to face and ears = nasty.

04-19-08 09:40 PM
    ok people i took a lysol wipe to the phone!!!!!!!! its not gross its now clean!!
    04-20-08 12:35 AM
    Ewwwww! You got PP in your BB!

Guess that takes care of any poll on what would cause a person to stick their hand in a toilet?!?!

04-20-08 01:50 AM
    Ewwwww! You got PP in your BB!

Guess that takes care of any poll on what would cause a person to stick their hand in a toilet?!?!

that seriously made me lol
    04-20-08 02:23 AM
    I guess that you are now OK for making c^p phone calls then - lol.

Here's a thing, Inside the phone there is a little square hole just above the battery. You can see about half the medai card slot down there. Now, on the inside wall of this hole there is a little square of plastic stuck to the case. NORMALLY this is white. It is a water detector and it will go red when it has been wet. You carrier will use this to prove that the phone has been made wet. There are a couple of these squares one of which is only visible once the phone is dismantled.

Go check it before you tell your carrier that 'My phone just broke.'

Let's hope that the square is still white.

There was recently someone esle who got pushed into a pool whislt carrying their phone here. JoJo's white water detector went red.
    04-20-08 06:29 AM
    I've never dropped my BB in a toilet, but when my dachshund was a puppy, he did pee on it. I swear that he did it because he thought I was ignoring him. I SWEAR.

And people say dogs aren't smart...lol.
    04-20-08 02:28 PM
    Yeah, my homie dropped his in the toilet last night; it seems to be working fine today.
    04-20-08 04:39 PM
    My Buddy dropped his in the toilet and without telling me told me "Hey man, I dropped my phone is SOME water" puts it in my hand... "What do I do?"

I tell him "dude take out the battery"
    so I take it out for him cause he is not acting quick and it hits me... "what water did you drop this into?"

"The Toilet"

Gross so I threw it back at him said WTF Man thats gross!

so basically I told him IF he wanted to continue using it to leave the battery out for atleast a day and leave it in a warm or sunny spot so It would dry... Blow drying wont do most timees cause the water that will get you is inside your circuit board and all it takes is a current to fry and mess up your phone for good... I hope you have insurance! LoL
    04-23-08 10:12 PM
    you should have let the phone dry out for a few days before putting the battery back in. i spilled a drink on mine and i kept using the phone....it was fine for a day then it got all weird. So i took the battery and sim card out and took the phone apart completely and let it dry out for almost a week and it was good as new after that.
    04-24-08 02:13 PM
    Its happened to me before but it wasn't my bb. It was in my back pocket and ever since I never put my phones in my pocket or its not visible when viisiting the toilet

04-24-08 02:35 PM
    if you go to blackberryfaq.com they tell you all about this scenario... I suggest letting it dry a few days. USUALLY it works then.
    04-28-08 11:06 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD