Every so often my 8100 deletes some of my messages & my recent call numbers.

There seems to be no pattern to this.

Any ideas how to stop this happening?
    07-30-08 09:46 AM
    Classic memory leak. Follow this guide:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    07-30-08 09:53 AM
    Check your file free... Options > Status > File Free

If this number is below 12,000,000 you will be having memory problems!! Follow the link for Stoner's guide in my signature
    07-30-08 09:55 AM
    1). Remove your battery with the phone switched on. Keep it out for 30 secs and put it back. This is called a 'battery pull'. This procedure is widely used to help memory loss on BlackBerrys. Do this about once a week.

2). Get rid of the BlackBerry Sample Video by going to Options, Advanced Options, Applications and scrolling down to the BSV. Press Menu and select Delete. The phone may reboot again. You will have saved 2Mb of Device Memory.

Here is what is happening. The BlackBerry has a finite amount of memory. In use, this gets used up. Memory that should be released is not and over time there is less and less for the phone to use for its own internal purposes so it starts deleting stuff - nice, eh?

If you go to Options, Status and check the File Free number. This is in bytes so divide by a million to get Mb of which you need about 12 for good phone operation.

If you need more help, just ask.
    07-30-08 09:55 AM
    I had same problems with OS 4.2. Upgraded to 4.5 - memory leak gone.
    07-30-08 10:27 AM
    I personally always thought that memory filling up was from something like the temp file directory on a pc. And that rebooting cleared this temp directory. Am I wrong and the memory slowly filling up is a bug and the memory isn't supposed to slowly fill?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-08 01:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD