Hi all, I'm a newb here.
    i got the BB about a month ago. but still trying to figure out how to put music on it.

I have Itunes as my player and all my files are under mp3's.
    I'm using vista for windows.

So can anyone enlighten me about a program to convert the music to mp3's so i can abuse my black berry.

Thanks,
    -Mike
    09-17-07 11:04 PM
    i'm not sure about an application to convert .m4p and .m4a's to mp3 because of the DRM involved. However one way to get around that is to burn the songs to CD and re-rip them as .mp3's. Kind of a long way around, but it works.

(although you stated in your post that all your music is already mp3, so if thats the case you dont have to convert anything.)

good luck!
    09-17-07 11:16 PM
    i thought they were mp3's but its actually in itunes format which i guess is .m4p. I'll give the cd burning thing a try. Thanks
    09-18-07 01:24 AM
    tsk, tsk all that wasted time, hence why I'll never buy anything from iTunes or any other DRM'd online store.
    09-18-07 05:08 AM
    tsk, tsk all that wasted time, hence why I'll never buy anything from iTunes or any other DRM'd online store.
    So from where will you get your music? because right now all of mine is from Real Player and I've spent too much money on those suckers to just let them float around there.
    09-18-07 11:18 AM
    i'm not sure about an application to convert .m4p and .m4a's to mp3 because of the DRM involved. However one way to get around that is to burn the songs to CD and re-rip them as .mp3's. Kind of a long way around, but it works.

(although you stated in your post that all your music is already mp3, so if thats the case you dont have to convert anything.)

good luck!
    what's the sound quality like?
    09-18-07 11:18 AM
    So i download from limewire. The bit rate is 192. Is that what you mean by quality?
    09-20-07 01:23 AM
    Hi all, I'm a newb here.
    i got the BB about a month ago. but still trying to figure out how to put music on it.

I have Itunes as my player and all my files are under mp3's.
    I'm using vista for windows.

So can anyone enlighten me about a program to convert the music to mp3's so i can abuse my black berry.

Thanks,
    -Mike
    You can try this program. It is about $15.00 and works well with a lot of different formats. I have been using it for quite some time to get stuff I bought from ITunes onto my Sansa E260.

www dot soundtaxi dot info
    09-20-07 09:01 PM
    thanks for the info, but i had to do the whole RIM thing, and put the new OS on the BB, but it works perfect now. But thanks for the lending hand.

-Mike
    09-22-07 08:44 PM
    Can you share with me how you synced iTunes up with your bb?
    09-22-07 10:52 PM
    what's the sound quality like?
    hey dlgus, the sound quality will be the same as long as you re-rip to at least the same bitrate. it wont do any good ti raise the bitrate but it wont get any worse.
    09-23-07 10:02 AM
    I changed all my itunes files to mp3's right inside of itunes. Go into your preferences, click advanced tab, then the import sub-tab. Change the import using option to the MP3 encoder. Click OK. Then select the song that you want to convert, in the advanced menu there will now be an option to "convert selection to MP3." Enjoy
    09-23-07 12:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD