Anyone know how to fix this. It can load the software, but can never connect to the jvm. Even at the beggining of the software update it has to use the rom image to get the info. It erases the software and loads the new software but it wont connect to the jvm. When it boots up it, it runs for about a minute and restarts.
    I figure its a hardware issue.
    Any ideas
    01-19-09 03:39 PM
    I have same issue.
    04-11-09 06:10 PM
    04-11-09 09:51 PM
    Wiping my BB doesn't sound like a good idea when I have connection issues.
    04-15-09 10:22 AM
    IF you are trying to RELOAD YOUR CORRUPT OPERATING SYSTEM by doing the DL OS and delete vendor.xml and launch apploader.exe method.... and you get the CANNOT CONNECT TO JVM error...

It is a fragile trick... You must pull the battery then put the battery BACK IN then click RETRY. You MAY have to hit retry a few times until a certain part of the blackberry loads....

It is a TIMING thing doing this and may take a few tries, but I have done DOZENS of these....MOSTLY it happens with the STORMS, CURVE2's, BOLDS and TOURS...

1. delete vendor.xml
    2. plug in blackberry
    3. open apploader.exe
    4. follow the prompts
    5. try to load everything ( I have noticed that you just need to accept the DEFAULT bare MINIMUM to load... PUT all the other stuff on LATER after you revive your blackberry...
    6. If you encounter cannot connect to JVM error, leave the RETRY pop up box there, pull your battery on the berry, PUT the battery back in, hit RETRY, HIT retry a FEW times if you have to till you get to the point where it starts READING the jvm.
    7. from this point if it works you will see the SWEETNESS of it start LOADING your OS!!!!! Give it a few and move on to the next whacked out blackberry...

Started this while mine was reloading a storm and it JUST finished... I am back at the HOME SCREEN!!.... Now on to this VZW 8530 that is tanked....lol
    ekbadboy and walnuts1024 like this.
    09-17-10 08:17 PM
    Hi, I felt a ray of hope when I read this but alas I'm still not getting anywhere! I waited for the 'could not reconnect' message like you said and then took out the battery, reinserted and then pressed retry like a madwoman every time it popped up, until finally my bb stopped restarting on a loop and just displayed a blank, white screen!

Help please.
    04-21-11 06:05 AM
    At this point, it's better to not be mad, and get even.

Do a full wipe:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

Make sure you have a fully charged battery, in good condition. Make sure you have a BlackBerry USB cable, that's also in good condition. Make sure it's connected to a USB hub with at least 500 mA. You can check this, by going to Control Panel->System->Hardware->Device Manager->Universal Serial Bus controllers. With the BlackBerry connected, right click each USB Root Hub->Properties, and verify any that list a RIM device in power are listing at least the 500 mA, and in Power Management have not had "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" checked off. It would also be a good idea to run Ccleaner, and have it clean up your PC registry.

CCleaner - Optimization and Cleaning - Free Download

Now, once you've done all that, go to My Computer->Main Hard Drive (usually C->Program Files->Common Files->Research in Motion->AppLoader->loader.exe, and try loading the software again.

Best of luck. I know just how frustrating this can be.
    04-21-11 09:59 AM
    IF you are trying to RELOAD YOUR CORRUPT OPERATING SYSTEM by doing the DL OS and delete vendor.xml and launch apploader.exe method.... and you get the CANNOT CONNECT TO JVM error...

It is a fragile trick... You must pull the battery then put the battery BACK IN then click RETRY. You MAY have to hit retry a few times until a certain part of the blackberry loads....

It is a TIMING thing doing this and may take a few tries, but I have done DOZENS of these....MOSTLY it happens with the STORMS, CURVE2's, BOLDS and TOURS...

1. delete vendor.xml
    2. plug in blackberry
    3. open apploader.exe
    4. follow the prompts
    5. try to load everything ( I have noticed that you just need to accept the DEFAULT bare MINIMUM to load... PUT all the other stuff on LATER after you revive your blackberry...
    6. If you encounter cannot connect to JVM error, leave the RETRY pop up box there, pull your battery on the berry, PUT the battery back in, hit RETRY, HIT retry a FEW times if you have to till you get to the point where it starts READING the jvm.
    7. from this point if it works you will see the SWEETNESS of it start LOADING your OS!!!!! Give it a few and move on to the next whacked out blackberry...

Started this while mine was reloading a storm and it JUST finished... I am back at the HOME SCREEN!!.... Now on to this VZW 8530 that is tanked....lol
    it WORKs !!!
    Thanks
    04-26-11 05:27 AM
    works great! thanks!
    05-01-11 10:43 AM
    Hi Guys,(Torch 9800)
    I'm new here - but already read a lot of stuff on this subject...I done almost everything I think...BBSAK, JL_cmder - didn't worked , reinsalled my OS, Desktop Soft, DM,Device drivers...even created new user, checked USB, allowness and all the stuff - just name it - still coudn't wipe my device One thinh I haven't try is a new batterry...but I've not any friend with Torch, so ...do you think, it's a good idea to buy a new one? It's about 25 bucks ... Please advice Thx in advance
    11-03-11 07:13 AM

1. delete vendor.xml
    2. plug in blackberry
    3. open apploader.exe
    4. follow the prompts

You are a life saver. Much appreciated.
    11-15-11 02:18 PM

1. delete vendor.xml
    2. plug in blackberry
    3. open apploader.exe
    4. follow the prompts

This also works if an app failed to install correctly. From the loader.exe you can remove the app that you last installed or were last working with when the OS tanked.
    11-20-11 07:38 PM
    I have the same problem. After using MML with full erase I cannot reload the OS.

The phone show just some test page where I see OS version 2.7.0.110 but it show POP version not found. You can also press some buttons and it will like turn camera on and other stuff.

I did try some tricks like removing battery when the connecting to JVM failed and I did try the /nojvm and also newest or older 4.7ver of the software but nothing helped.

Other recoment to do a full wipe but none program seems to work and I did try even on another pc that use win xp. The only soft that works and load stuff is MML.
    01-13-12 05:26 PM
    Anyone know how to fix this. It can load the software, but can never connect to the jvm. Even at the beggining of the software update it has to use the rom image to get the info. It erases the software and loads the new software but it wont connect to the jvm. When it boots up it, it runs for about a minute and restarts.
    I figure its a hardware issue.
    Any ideas
    Please check your phone, your battery is empty, jvm cannot connect when battry is empty,.
    09-12-13 06:42 AM
    Please check your phone, your battery is empty, jvm cannot connect when battry is empty,.
    If it wasn't empty then, it is now. That post was almost 4 years ago!
    09-12-13 06:54 AM
    Hi,I have a 9900,I have been trying to reload os system as the 9900 is nuked,I get stuck at the "reconnecting to jvm" stage,if I downgrade the os I get spinning hour glass,if I try latest version just battery with Red Cross,I ve tried jl commander,bbsak does nt recognize device,am trying the no jvm route but I can't get the response when command is entered,any clues?
    05-06-14 03:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD