On a blackberry pearl do you still have to let the battery drain all the way in order to recharge it, because on most phones in order to maximize your battery life and to get the most hours out of your battery you have to wait until it is fully drained (also not to charge for more than 3 hrs or overnight). Back to my point is it necessary to do this with blackberry battery, because i heard it was different. 3.7v Li-Ion
    10-29-07 10:56 PM
    No, that is no longer a problem.
    10-30-07 01:10 AM
    No, that is no longer a problem.
    I agree
    I keep my 'berry charging overnight, everynight
    many others here do the same
    I have never had any problems so far
    but, unfortunately, you do hear of some isolated cases where people have had problems,
    I wouldn't let it concern you too much
    whats the worst that can happen? $30 on a new battery?
    Chamisra
    10-30-07 08:51 AM
    ok but i noticed that when i charged it overnight it went only a day, but when i waited until it was drained it lasted 2 days
    11-01-07 11:45 AM
    ok but i noticed that when i charged it overnight it went only a day, but when i waited until it was drained it lasted 2 days
    Just remember that you need to take into account the applications that were running on those both times that you were monitoring your device. You could be running some apps on the background and that's why you drained your juice pretty quick. To have accurate charging/usage of your battery, you need to take those into consideration.
    11-01-07 12:30 PM
    Just remember that you need to take into account the applications that were running on those both times that you were monitoring your device. You could be running some apps on the background and that's why you drained your juice pretty quick. To have accurate charging/usage of your battery, you need to take those into consideration.
    How can I know what apps might be running in the background?
    Also, I don't have my paperwork and I am not sure which Pearl model I have. Can I find this out on the machine? Thanks.
    07-31-08 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD