The little silver plastic piece that holds the battery door on to the Pearl has broken. Currently, the door is being held on by tape. I am wanting to order a replacement part, but Cingular says that I have to do a mail exchange. That's not happening! How would I exist without my e-mail and phone???

All I need is a little plastic piece that anyone with tweezers and decent eyesight (or a magnifying glass) can replace. And then I won't need to tape on the door anymore. The way Cingular acted, you'd think I was wanting to do a mainboard swap.

I've searched on the Internet for a supplier that might sell the little piece (poorly designed piece of junk, but I editorialize), but with no success.

Does anyone know where I can purchase this little, probably $0.50, piece?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!
    03-20-07 11:45 AM
    Do a search for a case online. But, to be honest the exchange with Cingular would work fine!

You keep your present one, use it with tape, then Cingular send you another, and you swap them out. BUT, if you don't send your old one back within 10 days, then you'd be billed the FULL amount of the device...

ps: I've done it before...
    03-20-07 12:19 PM
    I agree, have Cingular do the warranty replacement. Just make sure you send yours back within the correct time frame.
    03-20-07 12:32 PM
    Hmmm - OK. I'll call them back and inquire how to do the mail exchange.

Thank you!
    03-20-07 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD