Well I finally received a working Blackberry 3G 9100 today {Here's The Story}. This is my second model BB, my first was the 8220. Here's a little of what I went though with it {Need Advice}

I must say with what I've discovered so far I'm pretty happy with, the infamous gap between the screen & keyboard also seems to be less noticeable with this replacement.

replacement on left, pics taken with 8220

The apps that I've had on my BB 8220 were Poynt {I strongly recommend this app to any bb users, by far my favourite and most used app}. WeatherEye, Ka-glom {addictive game}, ScoreMoblie and Shazam {which I can't seem to find for the 9100}.

The apps I look forward to trying now that I have GPS are Trapster & SMRTGuard. So I just wanna hear which apps you all running.

Another observation I've made with only a few hours to play with is that I can't combine my SMS with my messages, on my 8220 SMS, MMS & my messages {email} were all under one icon. Secondly I can't type text messages then select the contact now either, I'm notorious for sending blank messages prematurely. My only solution was to make the message then select the contact. I'll also add that I had no problems deleting multiple messages like others have brought up, I'm still running 5.0.0.748.
    01-05-11 12:22 AM
    I would recommend you to consider upgrading to os 6. The latest leaked package is really good. Otherwise, you have os 5 972. You can combine SMS with your emails, just go to options in messages and search the option that allows you to do that.

I'm using some medical software, repligo reader, blackberry presenter, a couple of games from app world, im plus talk, and the ones from RIM.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-11 04:38 AM
    You can combine SMS with your emails, just go to options in messages and search the option that allows you to do that.
    Okay yeah I found it, it was right under my nose. I'm also noticing that sms appears within the bbm.

So no one else d/l any apps to thier 9100?
    01-05-11 04:30 PM
    I have Google Maps, Zonasnap, Photobucket, BeWeather Free, QuickPull, and App World. Also have launchers for CrackBerry, USA Today, MSNBC and L.A. Times.

Last edited by TequilaAddict; 01-19-11 at 10:36 PM.
    01-05-11 04:57 PM
    there seems to be a problem with the browser on the OS 6 for the pearl.. it shut down when the page is too large to load! also while browsing facebook on the browser it shuts down while replyin to a comment or posting a status message.. basically it shuts down if ur typing something on facebook
    also can someone please tell me wher to get apps from since the country where i am in does'nt support BB app world and facebook application.
    01-06-11 02:42 AM
    Im running
    Meterberry,
    Socialscope,
    Trillian,
    Wordpress for BlackBerry,
    Facebook for BlackBerry,
    Screenshot,
    Whatsapp.
    01-06-11 02:09 PM
    I recommend Bt sidekick especially if you travel. Its free, automatically finds your location and gives you the nearest services you need. Like gas stations, atm, pharmacies and weather updates and more.

01-06-11 03:43 PM
    there seems to be a problem with the browser on the OS 6 for the pearl.. it shut down when the page is too large to load! also while browsing facebook on the browser it shuts down while replyin to a comment or posting a status message.. basically it shuts down if ur typing something on facebook
    also can someone please tell me wher to get apps from since the country where i am in does'nt support BB app world and facebook application.
    Are you using OS6 .424?
    01-06-11 04:12 PM
    WeatherEye, TD Bank, Rogers My Account, App world & Captureit
    Last edited by chelsiia; 01-10-11 at 06:38 AM.
    01-08-11 10:25 PM
    Yeah I'm running TD Bank App as well. Just thought it was little localized to be posting on a international site. If you've found a way to zoom in on the maps I'd love to hear how it's done, as that could come in vary handy for me {finding atm's & all}. Not sure why BB App World doesn't have Shazam for the Pearl 3G but it is available for download.

Download Shazam for Mobile
    01-11-11 05:06 PM
    Thanks! Just installed shazam from your link.

01-11-11 05:25 PM
    You can combine SMS with your emails, just go to options in messages and search the option that allows you to do that.
    Look what was on the front page.
    BlackBerry 101 – How to separate and combine message folders | CrackBerry.com
    01-12-11 05:43 PM
    In priority order,

BeeJive
    LinkedIn
    Facebook
    Google Maps
    Opera Mini (until OS 6 and Torch browser)

Love this device, especially with an Otterbox case that prevents screen dust accumulation.

01-15-11 10:37 PM
    Updating my list:

- SocialScope
    - QuickLaunch
    - BerryReader
    - BerryWeather
    - Facebook 4BB
    - Wordpress 4BB
    - BerryVibe
    - Trillian
    - MeterBerry
    - OTA Downloader
    - Screenshot
    - Wallpaper Changer Pro
    - WhatsApp
    - Docs To Go Pro with PDF To Go

I'm still looking for a decent puzzle game, any recomendations???
    01-16-11 11:48 AM
    Any reason as to why MeterBerry isn't in BB App world?
    01-17-11 09:52 PM
    Any reason as to why MeterBerry isn't in BB App world?
    I have no idea... I got it from Mobihand as to all my other paid apps
    01-18-11 03:52 PM
    I posted this in the 9100 section to find out which apps work for "OUR" devices. How did it end up within the apps section!?
    01-18-11 06:44 PM
    This thread should be moved back to the Pearl 9100 forum!

01-19-11 11:20 AM
    I posted this in the 9100 section to find out which apps work for "OUR" devices. How did it end up within the apps section!?
    Now it is in the themes section!?!?

01-19-11 02:17 PM
    My all time favorite:
    CrackBerry Forum Launcher!

Please hit the Thanks button!
    01-22-11 03:52 PM
    How the he.. ck did this end up here!?
    01-23-11 10:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD