10-13-14 11:23 AM
    My favorite line from the review:

"Unlike other smartphone operating systems, BlackBerry continues to focus on communications and using your device to be productive. Most of the people working for government agencies I work with as a professional engineer use BlackBerry devices and the Passport gives them the ability to leave the iPhone behind and slap one smartphone on their belt."
    BluejayChip likes this.
    10-13-14 11:41 AM
    Wow, that's refreshing to see an actual neutral review from someone that takes the time to learn the nuances of BB10 OS and provides a fair comparison b/t BB, Android and the Apple offerings. Thanks for sharing that.

"The competition

There is no direct competition for the BlackBerry Passport. There are still a couple of lower end Android devices with QWERTY keyboards, but you won't find any kind of flagship still using a hardware keyboard. That said, people who might consider the BlackBerry Passport may also be looking at the iPhone 6/6 Plus, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, LG G3, HTC One M8, Nokia Lumia 1520, or other high end smartphone. All of the competition offers a similar large touchscreen experience while the Passport offers something uniquely different. It is a great conversation starter and I enjoy showing it off to curious folks.

Conclusion

I was going to skip testing out the BlackBerry Passport, but my curiosity got the best of me and I am thankful that it did. The BlackBerry 10 OS has always interested me with the fantastic BlackBerry Hub, swiping interface, and app expansion through Android. BlackBerry took a gamble with the Passport, but going back to their QWERTY roots and innovating is what I think they needed to generate excitement for BlackBerry again. It . . . may turn out to be the device that makes people ask for a new BlackBerry at work.

Contributor's rating: 9.5 out of 10"
    BluejayChip likes this.
    10-13-14 12:12 PM
    Nice review...a pleasure to read.
    10-13-14 12:58 PM