So. How are you finding the switch? I started with the Z10. Got accustomed to the virtual keyboard, went for the larger form factor and am now at the passport.

I love the screen resolution. The typing requires some getting used to, but I think it's more accurate.

I really like the editing function.

The aspect ratio is really great for some browsing. And some, but not all, apps are better with this aspect ratio.

What say?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-14 11:39 PM
    I will be interested to read your entire review.
    09-25-14 05:19 AM
    All you early PP reviewers, pls tell whether or not it fits in tight front blue jeans pockets, and if yes, if sitting down is still possible without major disturbance or risk of damaging the device ( or certain body parts ;-))

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 05:29 AM
    All you early PP reviewers, pls tell whether or not it fits in tight front blue jeans pockets, and if yes, if sitting down is still possible without major disturbance or risk of damaging the device ( or certain body parts ;-))

Posted via CB10
    Sitting down is fine. It's shorter than the Z30, so it doesn't press into your hip as much. It's wider, so it sits a little harder against your leg - but it's a different feeling.

As for going from a Z30 to Passport - I'm loving it so far. It's downright weird to go back to a skinny device. Most apps work just fine on the Passport, and indeed many look even better on the gorgeous screen.

I might post some photos of various Android apps later
    kbz1960 and gnirkatto like this.
    09-25-14 06:09 AM
    You talking front or back pants pocket?
    09-25-14 06:21 AM
    It fits in all pockets and standard collared shirt pockets, even with the case.

I picked up the BlackBerry hardshell case. It's a good case and thin. All the above applies with the case. The case doesn't have a cover over the screen. So it has a screen protector too.

It feels lighter with case on than my Z30 with its leather Noreve case.

Videos are interesting. On some sites a swipe at the top reveals an icon that expands the videobto cover the whole screen. Otherwise there are bars.

Some sites I use a lot work reaaly well. More space to read text. The Economist is great. More text. Some sites are best in reader mode.

The keyboard is well, after a couple of years with a touchscreen, it's different going back. More accurate, yes. Not a one hand device though.

I'm liking the aspect ratio. For banking apps, reading text from documents or web pages. Is better.

Calendars are much better.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 03:39 PM