Ughhh now blackberry having amazing deal on passport. I'm tempted to purchase one.

I live in Mexico and I will be in Canada on 14 till 19.

My laptop broke and I was going to buy a new laptop. But with this deal. I want to buy passport with low priced laptop.

I currently have z30 (bought it end of December, which I dropped for the first time a month ago and screen shattered)

What should I do? I was going to buy Asus g751 with gtx980 :/
    Is there any z30 owners upgrade and happy with it?
    If I buy passport I will bring down to Mexico and if defects happen by then?

1. Keep z30 and buy Asus g751

2. Buy red passport and buy cheap laptop

I'm just scared about defects!

Z30 STA-5.
    02-11-15 06:56 PM
    Z30, I never owned so can't speak on but for the laptop vs. Passport read this:
    Q and A: The BlackBerry Passport Is The Only Carry-on For This Traveling Manufacturing Executive | | Inside BlackBerry
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    02-11-15 07:36 PM
    I have the asus ROG g751 and the passport, and I had the z30 before the passport, so I think I could help you make your decision. The g751 is an amazing gaming laptop, but thats all it is, a gaming laptop. Its huge and bulky and heavy, but it does what it was meant to do (gaming) perfectly. So if you want to pass up on the g751 and get a cheap laptop, then you should look at what you will be using the laptop for and then decide.
    Now about the passport and z30, I had the z30 for over a year before I got my passport. Up until I got the passport, I was perfectly happy with the z30, good speaker, great battery life and so on. But the passport changed everything for me, to me everything about it is just perfect. From the screen to the amazing battery life and the keyboard. So if you get the passport im 100% sure you will love it.
    Final thoughts, if you think that you dont need a really strong gaming laptop and can just do with a normal cheap laptop, then by all means get the cheap laptop and the passport. But if you need the g751 for any particular reason, then I think you should get it and just stick to your z30.
    Let us know what you decide!

N95->ip1->N97->9700->ip4->sensation xe->one x->s3->9780->note2->z10->z30->passport
    02-11-15 07:57 PM
    I barely use my laptop anymore. I specifically bought a small 12 inch screen Lenovo laptop for mobility and just leave it docked at home. With the Passport's large screen, fast Internet and full keyboard, I don't need anything else when I travel.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-15 09:51 PM
    i upgrade from Z30 to a passport for 2 weeks and I am happy with my passport.
    02-12-15 02:17 AM
    My choice: passport and surface pro2. !! Amazing combination!

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 02:27 AM
    Go with the low priced laptop for now get a better laptop that's 5-6 hundred at the end of the year or more when the skylake processor comes out. Computers with this chip will be vastly different from what we've seen thus far

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 03:20 AM
    I have the Passport and I love it!

Why don't you replace the screen? You can get an OEM screen for a good price and dyi or take it to a repair shop?

Are the Z30s in Mexico STA-5?

Posted via CB10
    02-12-15 03:53 AM
    I would go for the passport and low priced laptop. Passport is a really productive piece of HW.

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    02-12-15 04:54 AM
    I have the asus ROG g751 and the passport, and I had the z30 before the passport, so I think I could help you make your decision. The g751 is an amazing gaming laptop, but thats all it is, a gaming laptop. Its huge and bulky and heavy, but it does what it was meant to do (gaming) perfectly. So if you want to pass up on the g751 and get a cheap laptop, then you should look at what you will be using the laptop for and then decide.
    Now about the passport and z30, I had the z30 for over a year before I got my passport. Up until I got the passport, I was perfectly happy with the z30, good speaker, great battery life and so on. But the passport changed everything for me, to me everything about it is just perfect. From the screen to the amazing battery life and the keyboard. So if you get the passport im 100% sure you will love it.
    Final thoughts, if you think that you dont need a really strong gaming laptop and can just do with a normal cheap laptop, then by all means get the cheap laptop and the passport. But if you need the g751 for any particular reason, then I think you should get it and just stick to your z30.
    Let us know what you decide!

N95->ip1->N97->9700->ip4->sensation xe->one x->s3->9780->note2->z10->z30->passport
    I don't think I will play heavy games often but I will be using photoshop, video rendering and stuff. I have hp with 8gb lam and i7 processor and it was sloooow rendering stuff.

I love my z30 but I feel in need of getting passport to revive blackberry down here!!

Z30 STA-5.
    02-13-15 12:10 PM
    Other than a laptop docked at my desk to 4x monitors at work. I don't really touch a laptop at home or when mobile. Passport can handle all of that now. Only problem is printing labels for shipping. That i have to use a laptop for at home.
    02-13-15 12:16 PM
    Photoshop and video rendering is a job for a real desktop not a cheap laptop.
    02-13-15 12:16 PM
    Passport

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 02:03 PM
    Ughhh now blackberry having amazing deal on passport. I'm tempted to purchase one.

I live in Mexico and I will be in Canada on 14 till 19.

My laptop broke and I was going to buy a new laptop. But with this deal. I want to buy passport with low priced laptop.

I currently have z30 (bought it end of December, which I dropped for the first time a month ago and screen shattered)

What should I do? I was going to buy Asus g751 with gtx980 :/
    Is there any z30 owners upgrade and happy with it?
    If I buy passport I will bring down to Mexico and if defects happen by then?

1. Keep z30 and buy Asus g751

2. Buy red passport and buy cheap laptop

I'm just scared about defects!

Z30 STA-5.
    Compra el Passport, no te vas a arrepentir. Yo tambin tena el Z30 (y an lo tengo), y a pesar de ser un gran equipo, el Passport lo supera por mucho y vas a sentir el cambio. Actualmente mi Z30 qued relegado a equipo secundario para ver videos, jugar ciertos juegos y probar aplicaciones beta. La batera del Passport es muy buena, cuando lleg a casa por la noche, el mio tiende a tener entre 40-60% y lo utilizo bastante.

Mi nica recomendacin si lo compras fuera de Mxico es que revises los trminos de garanta y consigue alguna(s) funda(s) y protectores de pantalla para tu equipo, ya que ac no he visto que vendan.

Respecto a la Laptop, depende mucho del uso que le des, pero puedo decirte que en mi caso, al tener el Passport utilizo muy poco la computadora. Tengo dos equipos de cmputo y a lo mejor los uso dos o tres veces a la semana a lo mucho. Para estar comunicado solo utilizo el Passport.

Si te animas, habr que crear un grupo en BBM de mexicanos con Passport, suerte!

Sent from the powerful and masterful Passport!
    02-13-15 02:32 PM
    Have my passport and ipad air let my kid play with the toys! This is all I need for all my productivity needs.

Posted via J's Blackberry Passport
    02-13-15 02:43 PM
    If you need a good but cheap gaming laptop you can buy a cheap laptop and attach an external GPU, so you can have a normal small laptop and only when you want transform it in a real gaming machine.
    Here you can find experiences http://forum.techinferno.com/diy-e-gpu-projects/
    With the saved money you can indeed buy a Passport, will be my next BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 03:39 PM
    With Blend, any cheap *** laptop can turn into a quite awesome communications center!

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 04:36 PM
    I don't use a laptop very often since I got my Passport. Assuming you have no hard core graphic design or gaming needs, with blend, an entry level laptop and a passport would be a nice combination. My partner has an iMac Air, which I only use once in a blue moon.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-15 06:29 PM
    I don't think I will play heavy games often but I will be using photoshop, video rendering and stuff. I have hp with 8gb lam and i7 processor and it was sloooow rendering stuff.
    Photoshop and video rendering is a nail in the coffin. If this is what you are going to be using the laptop for you should really have a higher end one if not a desktop.

With that being said, the Passport can quickly make a computer useless for a lot of tasks.

I'd probably go with the computer if that's what you need it for.
    02-13-15 06:43 PM
    Stick with the Z30. Buy a good laptop since you need it to run Photoshop. My sister and my wife are using Z30. My wife's brother in law will be using a Z30. They love their Z30s. I'm using a Passport. My laptop is about four years old running Lightroom 5. A laptop with more ram would be nice.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    02-17-15 03:24 PM