I have a z10 which I use as daily driver and I wanted to get a passport just to use as a mini tablet is there a way for free to link device for Internet sharing without paying thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 03:09 PM
    Make the Z10 into a Hotspot.

I will tell you I had the same idea, then the Passport arrived and there was no question, it immediately became my daily driver.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 03:40 PM
    Do you have hotspot capabilities (usually not free)....

I guess what you really want is for BlackBerry to make a version of Blend for BB10. Maybe someone has tried installing the Android version....
    06-16-15 03:41 PM

I will tell you I had the same idea, then the Passport arrived and there was no question, it immediately became my daily driver.

Posted via CB10
    ^^This. Hotspot is the way to go...depends if it is only internet browsing functionality that you want.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 03:59 PM
    ^^This. Hotspot is the way to go...depends if it is only internet browsing functionality that you want.

Posted via CB10
    Yes just passport for browsing games and receive emails that's it how much is Hotspot?

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 04:04 PM
    Yes just passport for browsing games and receive emails that's it how much is Hotspot?

Posted via CB10
    The cost if the functionality is available should depend on your mobile service provider. For me, there is no additional cost on the UK EE network

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 05:16 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yes, depends the provider, but you can try if it works for you by opening it and try to pair it with another device. If it works means that's allowed by your provider.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport
    06-16-15 06:21 PM
    Hotspot would work best, as others have mentioned. The only flaw in your plan is that the Passport's battery is much better suited for hosting as having the Hotspot running drains a fair bit of juice!

Posted via CB10
    Dafunkhead likes this.
    06-16-15 06:23 PM
    Hotspot would work best, as others have mentioned. The only flaw in your plan is that the Passport's battery is much better suited for hosting as having the Hotspot running drains a fair bit of juice!

Posted via CB10
    Yeah with the battery in the Z10 so small and quick to drain you'd probably have to leave it plugged in.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-15 11:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    Me too. The Z is in the box and I only carry the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    NtotheK likes this.
    06-16-15 11:16 PM
    Yup my passport instantly replaced my z10! Loved the z10 but the passport is in a different league!

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 03:42 AM
    Do you have hotspot capabilities (usually not free)....

I guess what you really want is for BlackBerry to make a version of Blend for BB10. Maybe someone has tried installing the Android version....
    More like Bridge haha. Blend would need a data connection to something which would be okay if there's wifi around whereas Bridge used the phone's data and could do internet at no extra cost even if slowly..

Tried the Android Blend. Didn't install maybe due to what version of Android is required or something else. I'd love to carry the Q but have other devices available in proximity to it; like at home to have other phones lying around that could all be answered like I did with a landline. Sometimes I put the Q on charge and am using the Passport at home then the Q starts ringing across the house and even though I have a phone in my hand, have to get up. Haha first world issues
    06-17-15 12:02 PM
    At first I had the Z10 with the extended battery which I turned into a Hotspot for my tablet.

Then I got a passport and used the tablet for three more days.

Now I just use the passport.
    06-17-15 12:09 PM
    Me too. The Z is in the box and I only carry the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    I've also retired my Android tablet. The battery is probably stone dead. I don't even remember where in my house I last set it down.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 12:28 PM