Hello all. Trying to cast YouTube on my TV like I do from my K2. I don't see the option to watch on TV. Is there a version we can use to do this? Thanks,

Posted via my Passport
    11-26-19 06:08 PM
    Hello all. Trying to cast YouTube on my TV like I do from my K2. I don't see the option to watch on TV. Is there a version we can use to do this? Thanks,

Posted via my Passport
    Have you tried the Miracast function? Settings/Networks and connections/Wi Fi/Miracast --
    11-26-19 06:24 PM

Posted via my Passport
    Casting from BB10 is ugly.

You can mirror via Miracast if you have a Miracast dongle on your TV.

But the results from a 1:1 device is unpleasant at best.
    11-26-19 06:25 PM
    Casting from BB10 is ugly.
    Yes, and also in my experience, hit and miss. I've had occasions where the Passport would not connect at all depending on the make/model of the TV.
    11-26-19 06:29 PM

Posted via my Passport
    Have you tried pairing the TV from within the YouTube settings? It should work if you have a SmartTV. There are no apps or versions that replicate the actual Casting feature from Android on Passport since the native Casting app died that I know of. If you want to view anything other than YouTube, though, you'll have to have a SmartTV with DLNA.
    11-26-19 06:42 PM
    When I open the YouTube settings, there is no view on TV option like the version on my K2. Mine accesses Youtube via browser. Built into Passport I think.

Posted via my Passport
    11-26-19 06:58 PM
    Have you tried the Miracast function? Settings/Networks and connections/Wi Fi/Miracast --
    Sure have. It will connect after a few tries and then to disconnect again is a Pita!

Posted via my Passport
    11-26-19 06:59 PM
    Sure have.
    Yep - as I said above, this has been my experience. It doesn't play well with my tv but I've had it working on my sister's and my cousin's tv very well.
    11-26-19 07:03 PM
    When I open the YouTube settings, there is no view on TV option like the version on my K2. Mine accesses Youtube via browser. Built into Passport I think.

Posted via my Passport
    Got to go into Desktop mode then your account and link your TV, BUT it's pointless as I realized after charging up my Passport and testing it requires having the YouTube app on your TV as well anyway, which kind of defeats the purpose of what you're trying to achieve. Once linked though, you can start a YT video on your Passport, then choose the Chromecast button to 'Play on TV' and it'll just play on the TV. So it's not really casting anything, it's just basically acting as a bit of a smart remote which tells the YT app on the TV to play the video you're telling it to from your Passport.
    11-26-19 07:34 PM
    @Crusader03 Found a solution if you have a Roku TV, Chromecast or one that can install the Web Video Caster app. Given you have no issues with your KEY2 and doing it, it should work on Passport as well.

- Download and install this - https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/instan...-apk-download/
    - Download and install the coinciding app/channel for your TV if applicable or just use the Roku Legacy channel, Chromecast options.

Once installed, you'll be able to stream / cast from your device any video provided the built-in browser for the app can detect the stream. It'll throw Google Play errors but they can be ignored, it all still works.
    11-26-19 08:04 PM
    @Crusader03 Found a solution if you have a Roku TV, Chromecast or one that can install the Web Video Caster app. Given you have no issues with your KEY2 and doing it, it should work on Passport as well.

- Download and install this - https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/instan...-apk-download/
    - Download and install the coinciding app/channel for your TV if applicable or just use the Roku Legacy channel, Chromecast options.

Once installed, you'll be able to stream / cast from your device any video provided the built-in browser for the app can detect the stream. It'll throw Google Play errors but they can be ignored, it all still works.
    Thanks, this works! The phone does get a little hot, but I can live with that.

PS - I will look at how to install the app/channel on the TV. I have a 2019 LG 65", so it should be modern enough. Will report back.

Posted via my Passport
    Bla1ze likes this.
    11-26-19 09:05 PM
    Got to go into Desktop mode then your account and link your TV, BUT it's pointless as I realized after charging up my Passport and testing it requires having the YouTube app on your TV as well anyway, which kind of defeats the purpose of what you're trying to achieve. Once linked though, you can start a YT video on your Passport, then choose the Chromecast button to 'Play on TV' and it'll just play on the TV. So it's not really casting anything, it's just basically acting as a bit of a smart remote which tells the YT app on the TV to play the video you're telling it to from your Passport.
    Unfortunately the option is unavailable.

Posted via my Passport
    11-26-19 09:10 PM
    Thanks, this works! The phone does get a little hot, but I can live with that.
    Awesome. I think as long as you have a modern TV as you say, there's a way to get it working as you would like.
    11-27-19 01:49 AM