I have about 400 pictures stored on the SD card and it takes about 2 seconds to open, maybe a bit less. It takes maybe one second to open Calendar or Contacts -- about the same as on my OnePlus One, also with 3 GB.

Once in a while, I won't be able to swipe from the blank home screen to the next screen of apps on the first try. I don't know what that's about, but it only happens very occasionally, maybe once a week.

I'm using the 10.3.2.500 leaked OS at the moment, but what I've described is what I've been seeing all along. I have a fair number of Android apps installed, for what it's worth.
    04-23-15 08:35 AM
    got mine on january as well.. with about 2500 images on SD card it still takes only 3-5 seconds to load image thumbs...
    04-23-15 03:51 PM
    got mine on january as well.. with about 2500 images on SD card it still takes only 3-5 seconds to load image thumbs...
    Lots of reply 's regarding how long it takes to open your pictures app. This is not the sole discussion or issue. The lag or freezing is not only related to how many pictures you have on or off the phone and how long it takes to re index them and open the pictures app. This is related to over all functionality and random lagging when in an app or just after initiating an action. I know at times I can select a function from with in an app and I know it hangs for 10 seconds at times before I can do anything else. Yes lag when opening an app as well.

Posted via CB10
    Zedd88 likes this.
    04-23-15 06:21 PM
    No, doesn't lag at all.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 06:34 PM
    Call me a liar and forever regret it, LOL. Seriously, no f#ck!ng lag with my Passport. None whatsoever. Why would yours lag? Probably a PEBKAC issue.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 06:36 PM
    My pictures app with tons of pictures, opens super fast, less than 1.5 seconds. It's practically instantaneous. It's almost as though it's opening just by me thinking, 'I think I want to view pictures...' and it's suddenly open! Unbelievable!

Posted via CB10
    04-23-15 06:39 PM
    I haven't really experienced any lag. It's often the app's fault that it's slow when opening....
    04-23-15 11:27 PM
    I've never experienced lag when opening my pictures which is stored in a micro SD card. I bought the top of the class SD card at that time.

That said, I have experienced lag on my Passport from time to time. The Hub also lags sometimes. And so does launching an app. But saying IOS doesn't lag is also untrue. I have experienced lag in my previous phones (iphone 5s, Samsung S5, etc.). Lag can be caused by many things such as a rogue app. Poor SD card may also cause lags that is why some phones don't allow them to remove that variable.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 09:26 AM
    Call me a liar and forever regret it, LOL. Seriously, no f#ck!ng lag with my Passport. None whatsoever. Why would yours lag? Probably a PEBKAC issue.

Posted via CB10
    Not really sure what that means but I'm grateful that when I do get lag it is rare. I do think it is due to something updating in the background though. I know I identified it as that a few times but not every time. Still the best phone I've ever had and am so taken by my first hard keyboard. Simply amazing!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 05:15 PM
    I had a lot of problems with freezing and lagging until i deleted all of my local contacts and reloaded my contacts through active sync.

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 07:34 PM
    I had a lot of problems with freezing and lagging until i deleted all of my local contacts and reloaded my contacts through active sync.

Posted via CB10
    I only have contacts synced through Gmail. It works on every platform so no worries. Just log in and set to sync and all your contacts load on the phone and update as you change them.

Posted via CB10
    04-26-15 05:12 PM
    I didnt even get lag on the 9810 until I put 400+ songs on it. No reason you should be getting any here with many times the processing power.
    05-05-15 11:01 PM
    If you're using a cheap SD card then that's your problem. It has nothing to do with the phones RAM.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 12:34 AM
    I get the occasional stutter opening or closing an app when other apps are running. I don't regard this as an issue.

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Passport
    05-06-15 05:22 AM
    the message pop up lags when i am deleting any application.
    05-06-15 05:47 AM
    Not even a hint of lag here, and i've done my best to provoke it with multiple android apps, iplayer, etc, open. Am I the only one who suspects foul play in this thread?

("That's a lie" was a dead giveaway.)

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 05:57 AM
    If someone told me this phone is more powerful then the Z10, i wouldn't believe it. The performance acts the same. Just has a bigger battery.

So in other words, yes It lags.

Try savng a pic to your SD card, then going into a convo, maybe a bbm convo, and sending that same saved pic, you will wait 15-30 seconds... GUARANTEED!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 07:46 AM
    Sorry,...'zero lag' here!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 08:38 AM
    I have z30 and i ONLY had lag when i updated software on the air. When i used autoloader and clean install without backup it never lagged.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 08:59 AM
    No lag at all. Speed and response have further improved with the latest beta update. No, Passport has never been slow or sluggish. It is only wishful thinking!

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 09:05 AM
    I would blame the lag issues on slow/fake sd cards.

I had similar problem with a sandisk 64gb micro sd card, turns out it was a fake card, so read/write speeds were terrible.

I upgraded to a 128gb sandisk micro sd card, got it from retail location to ensure its a genuine product, and my lag is almost non existent. It takes about 4 seconds to show what's in my pictures app, but I have a lot of images! Over 7000 images, so 4 seconds is not so bad.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-15 09:19 AM
    No lag but I have gotten low on ram a few times.
    05-06-15 09:36 AM
    If someone told me this phone is more powerful then the Z10, i wouldn't believe it. The performance acts the same. Just has a bigger battery.

So in other words, yes It lags.

Try savng a pic to your SD card, then going into a convo, maybe a bbm convo, and sending that same saved pic, you will wait 15-30 seconds... GUARANTEED!

Posted via CB10
    Have you used SIC Multiwipe and run an autoloader?

I had release Z10 this is much faster, even with power saving mode on.
    05-09-15 04:34 AM
    Well, the number 1 priority now is to back up the data on the SD Card, because it is clearly dying.

Lagging or stutters are certainly possible. Running faster does not mean no lagging, and it certainly depends on the firmware.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-09-15 05:37 AM
    Ever since the last update, mine has been getting buggier by the day. The lag was noticeable only in Android Apps at first and phone heats up like mad. Now its spreading to native apps too. There's been some suspect call drops and unexplained muting as well. Soo frustrating.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 06:54 AM
109 12345