06-05-16 01:25 PM
57 123
tools
    After getting this device I was disappointed with it a battery. Maybe it was the wait,but such a great,large and costly phone should have a better battery then a day medium use, no!?

I was considering returning it to the store,but wanted to check with the elite first. So,how long does your passport last?

Posted via CB10
    05-12-16 04:35 PM
    I could go up to 2 days but I usually do a top up charge.
    To extend your battery life.
    1) Uninstall Android apps that you do not use.
    2) Go to Security - App Permissions and turn off Run Minimized for everything that is not an essential app for you. You will see your battery life increase by about 50%.
    05-12-16 04:40 PM
    After getting this device I was disappointed with it a battery. Maybe it was the wait,but such a great,large and costly phone should have a better battery then a day medium use, no!?

I was considering returning it to the store,but wanted to check with the elite first. So,how long does your passport last?

Posted via CB10
    "How Long does My Battery Last".
    That is like asking "How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop".
    Give it time. It's new to you so your are using it more.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-16 04:56 PM
    My battery lasts 24 hours + but then I only have a few android apps (none using Google services), have NFC, Bluetooth, Traffic Data Collection off all the time, all email accounts (3 of them) at 30 minute sync intervals and my android apps (10 right now) with Run Minimized turned off. I am also not big into notifications so most of those apps (especially the android apps) have notifications disabled.
    05-12-16 04:59 PM
    Nope, doing the same things on android on iOS cost way less battery life than on the passport, it's definitely time to kill BB10.
    05-12-16 07:01 PM
    I have had a PP since it was released and never have any problems with the battery. I think it's great.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-16 07:12 PM
    Coming from a Z10 the battery life is a monster, here is an average day sorta, I was using a lot of 4G browsing my WiFi is ALWAYS turned on, and am always banging out emails etc

13hrs off charge and 34% battery life *shrugs* I charge every night, but 24hrs + is not unusual by any means for me

Are you happy with your passport's battery?-img_20160512_193015.png

Passport SQW100-4 10.3.2.2836
    05-12-16 07:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    To see what's going on use the drop down screen, click on battery and when that opens click on CPU. It will show what's running how long and what type of battery drain
    05-12-16 08:05 PM
    Funny you should ask, last night with a full battery, Kindle and encyrption it went to zero by morning. Today without Kindle or encyrption... 11 hours and I'm at 92%, with light use. So clearly the system is capable of endurance, we may just need to refrain from futzing around with specific apps; still, it's a shame I can't use Kindle with this thing, it was one of my reasons for getting it. I'll just have to buy pdf books instead of Kindle.
    05-12-16 08:07 PM
    Funny you should ask, last night with a full battery, Kindle and encyrption it went to zero by morning. Today without Kindle or encyrption... 11 hours and I'm at 92%, with light use. So clearly the system is capable of endurance, we may just need to refrain from futzing around with specific apps; still, it's a shame I can't use Kindle with this thing, it was one of my reasons for getting it. I'll just have to buy pdf books instead of Kindle.
    There are many other ways to read ebooks besides the Kindle app. I would check out the mobileread forums if you're interested in some options.
    05-12-16 08:12 PM
    Buy e-pubs and download and use Playepub Book Reader from BBW. Works great and supports Kindle,epub and fb2 formats, has text-to-speech, cloud sync etc.
    05-12-16 08:17 PM
    Im currently have an issue on my battery life of my blackberry passport.. 7am to 12pm my battery is about 50%.. any idea or advice?
    05-13-16 01:52 AM
    I can get upto 3 1/2 days on the battery depending on what I'm doing also depends on what apps I'm using or have loaded, but I usually charge it up every night but I also give the battery a good thrashing from time to time.

Lithium batteries tend to get lazy and don't last as long after a while, but if you heavily load it to discharge it to empty then charge up to full a couple times it starts to get back to lasting longer.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-16 05:46 AM
    I didn't know you could read Kindle book bought from amazon on other Apps, I'll look into it...

It's been 24 hours since my last recharge... Battery is at 82% with light but typical use...
    05-13-16 10:14 AM
    I think BlackBerry phone have to take sometimes to 'adapt' to ur usage. My q10 also has a **** battery life at first but later, it can last pretty long.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-16 05:41 PM
    I am a pretty heavy user and my Passport can go about 2 days on a full charge. The key is to shut off any power draining apps or services that may run in the background.

Posted via the amazing Passport
    05-13-16 08:05 PM
    No issues with my PP battery, I could go up to two days

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 09:35 AM
    Morning of day three... 43%
    05-14-16 10:30 AM
    Morning of day four... 20%.
    05-15-16 12:02 PM
    Average is about 14 to 18 hours for most before they feel they need to charge the phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-16 07:58 PM
    4 days is crazy s1lv1o, I get 1-2 days depending on use,mostly 1 day. I must be a heavy user.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-16 09:50 PM
    Nope, doing the same things on android on iOS cost way less battery life than on the passport, it's definitely time to kill BB10.
    Maybe I am wrong, but I read and heard in many places that Priv battery doesn't last as long as Passport battery does. Doesn't that say that Android has a bigger battery consumption than BlackBerry 10?

From my experience, the Passport battery life is very good. I know people who can have a few day of battery with one charge but those are people who doesn't use Internet connections, puts the phone on maximized battery saving and so on. Well, since I don't have a Sim card on my Z10, it's battery last more than 1 week. If I would use it as I use my Passport I would get maximum 12 hours of battery life.

Another thing that is important in battery consumption is the network coverage. In some areas where I have bad signal I can see a drastic battery drain.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-16 07:24 AM
    Love my battery. 15 droid apps loaded. Almost never use them. You have to give a week before judging battery. Priv reports say battery lasts longer with marshmallow.

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    05-16-16 07:38 AM
    4 days is crazy s1lv1o, I get 1-2 days depending on use,mostly 1 day. I must be a heavy user.

Posted via CB10
    I know! I did install and uninstall apps, wrote emails, sent a bunch of bbm and whatsapp messages, so light but normal use for me. Must be 'em android apps, although I do have some.
    05-16-16 12:37 PM
    I'm very happy it's by far the best battery of any BlackBerry device and by far out performs any of my friends devices.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-16 01:08 PM
57 123