07-09-14 06:49 PM
138 ... 456
tools
    Does swiping down from the touch enabled keyboard inputs the symbol in the on screen keyboard? Also when the on screen keyboard is showing, does the word predictions align with the on screen keyboard then swiping up from the touch enabled keyboard inputs the word prediction?

Posted via My Awesome Z10 | Follow me on Twitter @angelesrobby
    07-04-14 09:41 AM
    What I was trying to say is that you could easily swap a physical ALT key, and a physical SYM key for a 'swipe' on the keyboard, therefore eliminating the need to use the touch screen. If they wanted to reduce the number of keys, that could work.

BUT using an on-screen shift key is going to be ghastly for text selection.

If we wanted buttons on the touch screen we'd have a Z30 already.
    So they intentionally crippled the keyboard to push the touch sensitive aspect. That doesn't make it any better.

The only BB10 that probably will use the Shift key to text select is the Classic
    Wrong. The Q10 can also word select using shift and swiping on the word.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 01:13 PM
    The more I see this, the more I think it's a terrible idea.

They've removed useful keys like ALT and SHIFT - and the only reason to remove them would be to increase screen size.

But instead they've cluttered the usable screen page with on-screen rows, for BASIC, everyday items like commas and full-stops (periods).

This is not good. The Q10 keyboard is hugely efficient. Switching between physical and touch screen keyboard will slow things down.
    I am inclined to agree with you. I will have to try it out to see.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 12:16 AM
    Just wondering didn't Microsoft tried dynamic menus and failed miserably if the fourth raw will be changing constantly it will require extra attention? But who knows many it will be super intelligent. My opinion is that it will be huge success or huge flop nothing in between

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    07-07-14 05:32 PM
    What did you mean by "dynamic menu"?
    07-08-14 03:44 AM
    He means the on screen portion will be different according to where you are, what you are doing in the phone

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 06:30 AM
    Can you give me an example? Was it a rumor or it was available on video?
    07-08-14 06:35 AM
    Can you give me an example? Was it a rumor or it was available on video?
    I think I remember that pulled blog post referencing something about that single row being contextual. For example, if you're in the Email TO field, the @ symbol will be available.

Doesn't make it better versus other alternatives imo, but I think most people know my opinion now.

Still can't wait to get my hands on this sexy device!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 09:17 AM
    I'm intrigued by the passport, but considering that BB10 still isn't officially represented in Russia, I don't know how will I be able to type on it in Russian language (there's no such thing as 'translit' or phonetic typing on BB10) if I buy it abroad.

Sad...
    07-08-14 10:08 AM
    I don't know how will I be able to type on it in Russian language (there's no such thing as 'translit' or phonetic typing on BB10) if I buy it abroad.
    It's a matter of time, especially for russian language. Passport's keyboard layout is similar to the PC's one, and russian keyboard will contain only 6 non-frequent symbols placed on one key.
    For example, last year I've bought SE Xperia mini pro on eBay without any additional symbols and have no problem with typing in russian.

Or you can just find a place where you can print keys on keyboard surface by laser.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-08-14 10:58 AM
    I think I remember that pulled blog post referencing something about that single row being contextual. For example, if you're in the Email TO field, the @ symbol will be available.
    So, it's not a "dynamic menu" as greg_z wrote... it's a dynamic keyboard.
    07-08-14 02:26 PM
    Hurry up blackberry....release the Passport!
    07-09-14 08:46 AM
    I mean after a while you wouldn't have to. Just like the q10 wouldn't we just know without looking?

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 06:49 PM
138 ... 456