After a year I still love it, at this stage with the Z10 I was eyeing Z30s Sony apple and the passport! There is nothing out there apart from a red passport that turns my head. Think this phone will be with me for years to come!

Swiped on my beautiful Passport!
    12-24-15 01:56 AM
    Feel the same way. Just over a year in myself.

Posted via CB10 // Passport Red SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.2474 // Cricket Wireless
    Z_Tasreen likes this.
    12-24-15 02:31 AM
    passport best phone ever
    Z_Tasreen likes this.
    12-24-15 04:59 AM
    Ditto

Posted via CB10
    Z_Tasreen likes this.
    12-24-15 05:00 AM
    I still like it like an elderly grandmother who will sadly die all too soon...

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 08:54 AM
    After a year I still love it, at this stage with the Z10 I was eyeing Z30s Sony apple and the passport! There is nothing out there apart from a red passport that turns my head. Think this phone will be with me for years to come!

Totally agree 👊✋ the passport still rules the throne ♚⏪

Posted via CB10
    Z_Tasreen likes this.
    12-24-15 09:36 AM
    Best phone I have ever owned. Will use it for a long time.

Posted via CB10
    Z_Tasreen likes this.
    12-24-15 02:41 PM
    For someone who gets board of phones pretty quickly I have to say this phone has kept me interested for a very long time. With that said I'm always open to upgrading when it's an option no matter how much I like my current device, just because I enjoy trying new things.

Sent from my Passport
    12-24-15 02:56 PM
    I am quite content with the PassPort. can't believe it has been a year already. There is absolutely nothing I would change about the device.

Looked at the Priv at the ATT store, and running my 6s next to the passport... not even close.

You would have to pry the Passport away from me right along side my guns and religion. lol.
    Z_Tasreen and anon(8050899) like this.
    12-24-15 05:37 PM
    This is all good to here coming from a guy who has has his passport just over a week.
    12-24-15 08:55 PM
    I am good with my passport after a year myself. It suits my needs and that is all that matters. I have flirted with getting a Priv but it does not compare to the passport.

Only if they make a Passport 2 with android is when I would seriously stop using this phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 11:59 PM
    Best phone I've ever had (though it shares #1 spot with my good ol' Pre 3 that's in my drawer for nostalgic reasons now) and my Red PP will stay with me for many more years But I've only had it for 4 months or so now. But my mum has her Black PP for almost a year now and she loves it so much, she's gonna keep it until it dies, she says.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    12-25-15 01:27 AM
    I am good with my passport after a year myself. It suits my needs and that is all that matters. I have flirted with getting a Priv but it does not compare to the passport.

Only if they make a Passport 2 with android is when I would seriously stop using this phone.

Posted via CB10
    To me the passport works so well because of the form factor AND the BB10 software. I don't think a passport running Android would come anywhere close to being as useful as the Priv because android was actually built for that form factor.

Sent from my Passport
    Z_Tasreen likes this.
    12-25-15 02:09 AM
    I love the shape, love bb10 swiping, but most of all its the distinctive look and keyboard, it just looks so much better than all the candy bar slabs, makes me feel distinctive using it. Did I mention swiping from the keyboard

Z_Tasreen likes this.
    12-25-15 06:43 AM
    To me the passport works so well because of the form factor AND the BB10 software. I don't think a passport running Android would come anywhere close to being as useful as the Priv because android was actually built for that form factor.

Sent from my Passport
    Android can be optimized by manufacturers to fit their screen sizes and other needs.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    Last edited by Fernando Martin; 12-25-15 at 10:48 AM.
    12-25-15 07:24 AM
    Is there anyone left at BlackBerry to code android to fit the passport ?
    12-25-15 08:39 AM
    I don't think a passport running Android would come anywhere close to being as useful as the Priv because android was actually built for that form factor.
    You're mistaken. Nothing needs to be "built" for Android to run on the Passport other than BlackBerry allowing it. Passport is ARM based and will run Android just fine. The OS will scale accordingly.

12-25-15 10:44 AM
    Still loving my passport. Had it since Dec 29 of last year. Best phone I've ever had and I've had quite a few! Love typing on the keyboard especially. Sometimes I find excuses to type longer messages just so that I can swipe up the predictions and use the keyboard more often! Lol.
    When it goes EOL I'm picking up one more!

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 11:38 AM
    Also, I work in Healthcare and I've run into a few people who use it and they absolutely love it. Can't say enough great things about it. Lame as it sounds, we instantly bond over the fact that we both have and use and love our passports!

Posted via CB10
    12-25-15 11:39 AM
    You're mistaken. Nothing needs to be "built" for Android to run on the Passport other than BlackBerry allowing it. Passport is ARM based and will run Android just fine. The OS will scale accordingly.

What about the countless android apps that don't work with a square display. As far as I know the only way some of the apps would work would be to show them in 16:9 with black bars, which would be pretty pathetic in my opinion. Blackberry would need app devs to support the 1:1 ratio. I could be wrong, but that's an issue we have with the current android apps on the passport. I don't see how changing the operating system would fix that issue

Sent from my Passport
    12-25-15 01:57 PM
    I have had over 80+ android apps on my passport at one time or another & almost all were completely usable via the "resize" pull-down & exposing or hiding the bottom bar... I am convinced these display issues are able to be overcome or have already been as per what I have observed.

That said, I am NOT a coder & this is actually an assumption on my part...
    12-25-15 02:03 PM
    Also, I work in Healthcare and I've run into a few people who use it and they absolutely love it. Can't say enough great things about it. Lame as it sounds, we instantly bond over the fact that we both have and use and love our passports!

Posted via CB10
    My daughter met someone recently with a Passport, and, when she asked him how he liked it, raved about it. And he said he was a doctor and appreciated the square display for what he did.
    12-25-15 11:42 PM
    Still love mine over a year later. By now it knows my style of writing, and I rarely type more than 4 letters of a word before I swipe up. I've swiped complete sentences. I tend to write long emails and blog posts, and by now I prefer the Passport keyboard to a computer keyboard - I tend to hit the space bar twice when I want to type a period. Also, it serves as a great remote keyboard and touchpad for my Surface 3.

I do wish BlackBerry would fix the FB app - I love the hub integration, but I have to use the mobile site to read most posts and replies. But this is not a big enough problem for me to give it up.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    12-26-15 10:02 AM
    The only smartphones I have ever owned were made by BlackBerry - 8830 WE, Storm 2, Z10, Z30 - and I will be receiving my NIB white passport on Thursday. Great to read all of these stories and I plan on having it for at least 2016, or until BB decides what they will do with OS10.

Back on that Z30
    12-29-15 08:37 AM