05-07-16 03:30 PM
26 12
    I had to delete my yahoo account and re-install. When I get to the verification settings screen, I can only get it to sync my yahoo calendar. Email and contacts do not work. Keeps saying try again later. Been going on for several hours now. Any ideas how to by-pass this? I've downloaded the Yahoo mail app from Google Play Store for now, but would like it working in the HUB like it was before. When I log in to the Yahoo email portal on the Yahoo website, it loads no problem after entering my email and password. Don't know what else to try.

04-18-15 03:14 PM
    I would uninstall and reinstall again. I had issues with an email account recently and it took that to get it working properly.
    04-18-15 05:32 PM
    I have had problems with my yahoo account as well.
    When I first setup the device, yahoo works right off the mark.
    But if I have reinstall or restored after installing a leaked OS,
    Then the only thing that works for me is this:

Go into account settings
    And setup app passwords and use the pw generator.
    I have needed to set separate password for email, calendar and contacts.

Setup the caldav, contacts and email separately using the generated pw.
    Works from that point on with no trouble.

My experience.

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 06:18 PM
    You don't have that two step authentication option on with Yahoo, do you? If so, might that be an issue?

On a side note, now might be a good time to look for another email provider, Outlook.com or Gmail
    04-18-15 07:14 PM
    Well I just logged in again a minute ago, and it now works! Go figure. Tried all the other things mentioned above and it would not work. Took ten hours of waiting, but now all is good! Thanks guys for the advice.
    04-18-15 09:05 PM
    Yahoo mail still works great for me. I used to have set up problems when I first logged into the account. I was sure the password was 100% right. The calendar and contact looked like it was syncing but it turns out the error was on me because I missed a lower case letter. That single mistake can make a difference.

Well I just logged in again a minute ago, and it now works! Go figure. Tried all the other things mentioned above and it would not work. Took ten hours of waiting, but now all is good! Thanks guys for the advice.
    04-19-15 05:38 AM
    I believe Yahoo doesn't like BlackBerry.

You have to use an "Application Specific Password " for Yahoo accounts and even then sometimes it will fail so you have to try again.

I have also found Yahoo won't setup correctly while the OS is settling.

T-Mobile  вιaсĸвεггч Passport Autoloaded Sachesi upgraded to
    04-19-15 06:17 AM
    I think for my issue it may have been a server problem. When I logged in hours later, it loaded the email, calendar and contact settings no problem. Every other time I have loaded a Yahoo account on any BB, it always is slower than Gmail, but this was the first time I had this problem. Anyway, it's all good now.
    04-19-15 11:53 AM
    My Yahoo! email on my Blackberry Passport has suddenly stopped working. It was after I changed my password. I set up two step verification but the app password doesn't work either. Frustrated!
    11-07-15 04:26 AM
    Yahoo works perfect in my Passport.

I have this other emails providers in my device:
    La Poste
    Another IMAP (office stuff)

All runs fine,with La Poste some issue with the sending mail,but the rest,no issues.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 02:50 PM
    I have set up icloud as my main email on my Blackberry, and it works fine, I guess I will be using that, not Yahoo! email, as my account now. :-\
    11-08-15 03:35 AM
    I just picked up a replacement PP SE from a fellow Crackberrian and it is perfect in every sense but I cannot get the yahoo email to work. I do not have two step authentication set so that is not it. I also changed the password just to see if that would help but no, it does not. I also checked the settings online from Yahoo and then vs my Priv. I noticed the Priv has "rim." before the smtp settings. I tried putting that in as well and no luck. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

03-08-16 01:37 PM
    Server Address (Incoming) IMAP4

port: 993

SMTP (outgoing)

Username: your user name (no @yahoo.com)
    SMTP Port: 465
    SMTP Encription: SSL

Should work
    03-08-16 07:07 PM
    For servers you should add "rim." before imap.mail... and smtp.mail...
    03-09-16 03:21 AM
    Neither of the previous two suggestions worked. Thanks though. Something must have changed as before the last update, I had no issues with Yahoo mail.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-10-16 08:14 PM
    Some of the free Yahoo email accounts cannot be accessed via a POP client, not even via Outlook. It depends on which server your account is located, when it was created, if it's @yahoo or @rocketmail, etc domain. If you have a Plus (paid) account that allows you to access your account from anywhere. It's just a thought. Check the Yahoo Mail help pages from a computer browser.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 09:08 PM
    Good thought Andy but this is a paid account.

03-10-16 10:26 PM
    Good thought Andy but this is a paid account.

Ok then make sure you use plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com and plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com for the POP/SMTP servers respectively.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 10:34 PM
    Still no luck. Here are some screenshots of my entries

Attached Thumbnails Yahoo Email Not Working on Passport-img_20160310_205216.jpg  
    03-10-16 10:53 PM

Attached Thumbnails Yahoo Email Not Working on Passport-img_20160310_205222.jpg  
    03-10-16 11:04 PM
    can't seem to get more than one shot at a time so here are the rest

Attached Thumbnails Yahoo Email Not Working on Passport-img_20160310_205209.jpg  
    03-10-16 11:05 PM
    Hi, kfehling

OK first thing is: do you want to use this as an IMAP or POP account? That could be the issue.
    If using IMAP, then you can't use plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com as the incoming mail server. In that case you'd have to use their IMAP Plus server name, which I don't know.
    Second, port numbers are important.
    If you look at this page: https://ca.help.yahoo.com/kb/account...l-sln4724.html that might help you figure out what you need on the Passport.
    I always have found that it's best to set up the account manually on any device instead of letting it determine the "best" settings.
    Also, I believe you have to enable your account in Yahoo (on the website) to access your email via IMAP/POP.
    If you have a Plus account, and it sounds like you do, then you are entitled to support from Yahoo. I would take advantage of that, either on their website, or, if you use Twitter, I always find it faster and better to send them a DM and ask these questions.
    Let me know if any of that helps. If not, I'll see if I can assist further.
    03-12-16 05:10 PM
    I also found this, just from a Google search: https://supportforums.blackberry.com...P/td-p/3120015

I know someone already suggested it, but do you by chance have two-factor authentication enabled on your account?

Also, are you getting an error message?
    03-12-16 05:13 PM
    If you're using the old POP method, you NEED to contact yahoo! customer service and have them switch on IMAP support for it to work properly. I did this long ago, when I couldn't add yahoo to my BlackBerry bold 9900, 9700 and before that, pearl 8130.
    03-12-16 05:28 PM
    With the recent hacking of yahoo and Gmail, I went ahead and changed both passwords. Gmail works fine but my yahoo is now not working. I am using a Blackberry passport SE. I've attached the error message:

Yahoo Email Not Working on Passport-img_20160506_163248.png

Posted via CB10
    05-06-16 11:21 PM
26 12