I bought a shiny new Passport last night, brought it home and played with it whilst charging. Eventually I drifted off to bed and woke up this morning to a fully charged new toy
    Sadly, I had to go to work so I left it carefully in the box and went on my merry way.
    I got back home at around 2pm, and found the Passport had around 10% charge left!
    I have no idea what happened, there wasn't even a sim card in it and no one had touched it.
    I looked in the settings and found that the battery level had simply dropped like a stone for no reason.
    Please see attached pix.
    Can anyone suggest whats happening here- I'm worried that mine's not working properly!
    Attached Thumbnails WTF! New Passport, why are you doing this??-pic1.jpg   WTF! New Passport, why are you doing this??-pic2.jpg   WTF! New Passport, why are you doing this??-pic3.jpg  
    10-03-14 09:17 AM
    i would say calibration hasnt occured yet. Charge it up and use it and see what happens
    10-03-14 09:21 AM
    If you set it up with your email and social accounts, it may have been just syncing and indexing while you were at work. You may also want to reboot it and then charge.

Give it a day or so to settle in.
    10-03-14 09:26 AM
    Restart.

Q10 SQN100-3 | Z30 STA100-2 | 10.2.1.3247 iPhone 4s IOS 7.xx
    10-03-14 09:29 AM
    No, It had already synced everything within a few minutes of entering all the passwords etc last night. I was actually surprised how soothly and quickly everything went and was up to date!

If you set it up with your email and social accounts, it may have been just syncing and indexing while you were at work. You may also want to reboot it and then charge.

Give it a day or so to settle in.
    10-03-14 09:31 AM
    It's charging up again but I guess a restart wouldn't hurt!
    I'll do it now.

Restart.

Q10 SQN100-3 | Z30 STA100-2 | 10.2.1.3247 iPhone 4s IOS 7.xx
    10-03-14 09:32 AM
    It looks like it was doing fine up until 1300. Then it just plummeted. Maybe something tried to sync or refresh and then just got glitched doing that.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 09:35 AM
    No, It had already synced everything within a few minutes of entering all the passwords etc last night. I was actually surprised how soothly and quickly everything went and was up to date!
    Depending on what you selected when setting up the social accounts, it can also then take all your contacts and then try to link them with the FaceBook, Linkedin and etc.

The indexing also includes some sort of algorithm to process how you write so word prediction and etc are more accurate.

They have fine tuned this a bit. In the early days of the BB10 phones it took a few days for all this stuff to settle in. I wouldn't worry about it if the problem goes away after a day. If it doesn't go away, you may have to security wipe and not restore apps from a backup, just reinstall them again from BlackBerry world and then setup your email accounts and etc again.
    10-03-14 10:08 AM
    Yeah. BlackBerries always have to index after upgrading os, etc.

Posted via CB10
    Parrillas NY likes this.
    10-03-14 10:13 AM
    Depending on what you selected when setting up the social accounts, it can also then take all your contacts and then try to link them with the FaceBook, Linkedin and etc.

The indexing also includes some sort of algorithm to process how you write so word prediction and etc are more accurate.

They have fine tuned this a bit. In the early days of the BB10 phones it took a few days for all this stuff to settle in. I wouldn't worry about it if the problem goes away after a day. If it doesn't go away, you may have to security wipe and not restore apps from a backup, just reinstall them again from BlackBerry world and then setup your email accounts and etc again.
    And then if THAT doesn't work, go and exchange it, could potentially be a defective battery, just not likely.
    10-03-14 10:15 AM
    It's probably a software glitch, my Z10 did that last week, it got so hot suddenly and just dropped for no reason. Never happened again ever since.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 10:54 AM
    My Q10 did the same thing earlier this week as well. A restart and everything was back to normal.
    10-03-14 11:02 AM
    Try uninstalling eBay app (if you have it).

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 11:04 AM
    Try a hard reset. Press both volume kind keys at same time until screen's goes black and then BlackBerry logo appears then let go of buttons should definitely help you !!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 11:11 AM
    It will be fine I'm sure it was just settling in, attach a sim to it and let it charge. Restart the device. And give it a go. Let us know what happens after that

Posted via CB10
    jpi1960 likes this.
    10-03-14 11:20 AM
    i would say calibration hasnt occured yet. Charge it up and use it and see what happens
    Lithium ion batteries don't require calibration...

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 11:21 AM
    Battery pull (just kidding).
    sbank likes this.
    10-03-14 11:24 AM
    Did you open bbm and accept the license? If not that would be your issue.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 11:25 AM
    Lithium ion batteries don't require calibration...

Posted via CB10
    The cells do not, but the fuel gauging algorithm in the firmware does. So it is better to do a charge/discharge cycle.
    mhw100 likes this.
    10-03-14 11:33 AM
    It's possible that the SD card was being scanned as well for proper indexing.
    10-03-14 11:33 AM
    Apple fans came to your house and used your phone where their friends couldn't see them cheating on their iRelationships
    D3C0D3R, Carterbits, aghs and 7 others like this.
    10-03-14 11:42 AM
    Apple fans came to your house and used your phone where their friends couldn't see them cheating on their iRelationships
    Best answer by far.
    10-03-14 11:49 AM
    Omg that actually just brought me to tears ahahahahahhahahahahahahaha

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    10-03-14 12:08 PM
    My BBM id is associated with my Z30 - I didn't really want to mess with that until I'm 100% about the Passport.
    Even after a couple of days, its behaving strangely. I just woke up to a 20% battery loss overnight when my Z30 lost it's usual 2 to 3%!
    I do have the eBay app installed - strangely that would ONLY install from the Amazon store and not from BB World. That just kept coming up with an error after accepting the license, prior to installing. Not sure what that's about!

Did you open bbm and accept the license? If not that would be your issue.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 01:56 AM
    The cells do not, but the fuel gauging algorithm in the firmware does. So it is better to do a charge/discharge cycle.
    Calibration was always referred to the nickel type of batteries. Look at this
    I worked in the cell phone industry, moat times battery drain could be from what he said, a malfunctioning devices. Extreme over use when first obtained, remember that the 20 hour battery life is an average drain. In his case there is something abnormal. I will have to re look at those pictures to make sure.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 01:06 PM
42 12