06-12-15 08:23 AM
91 1234
tools
    if your phone is hot enough to melt the top of a key, it would be hot enough to melt those key off the keyboard, which it look like all your key are fine. I too feel like it's a cigarette burn or some other outside heat source.
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    06-01-15 06:32 AM
    I think you was using your Passport as a wind shield while lighting a cigarette!

Via BlackBerry Passport
    AcADIeN and AnimalPak200 like this.
    06-01-15 06:37 AM
    If you don't know how in the world that cruel thing happened to your Passport, there is only one scientific valid explanation - you were unconsciously abducted by an alien and your Passport is the only evidence you have to prove it...

The problem now is, I'm not sure if that scenario is covered by warranty...

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 07:03 AM
    This will never be covered by warranty lol. Buy the bottom plastic I'm sure it's available online and cheap. I think it just clips on?
    06-01-15 07:17 AM
    I think you was using your Passport as a wind shield while lighting a cigarette!

Via BlackBerry Passport
    Brilliant!

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 07:25 AM
    You dropped it there is no way it would melt it's in the front right corner no way near the battery.

You can admit it it's fine. It's Just they won't buy your story.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 07:32 AM
    Without reading all the posts, this looks like it dropped. Maybe if the OP didn't drop it, someone 'almost' certainly did.
    Either way, I'd simply pay to get it fixed. I couldn't walk around with it light that. But, I'm a little OCD, too
    06-01-15 07:44 AM
    I'm not going to bother entering into the debate of 'how it happened' because really, who can say for sure? But, if it would have happened to mine, I'd just keep it covered with the hardshell case. The hardshell has grown on me so much that the Passport actually feels a bit awkward now, without it. It would definitely hide your scar and you might just grow to like it too!

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    06-01-15 07:53 AM
    It looks like a burn and a drop combination to me.
    The scrapes on the metal would never be from heat, definitely a drop and skid.

Does the device still work? If it does then it's tough to shell out $129 for something so cosmetic that can be hidden by even the minimalistic OEM shell.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 08:09 AM
    They probably will not cover that under the protection warranty because it does not affect the use of the device. You will have to read the terms, but I think normal wear and tear is excluded.

The chin bar will pop off if you want to replace it or buff out the dent. It snaps into place and has a bit of double side tape holding it as well. It comes off by prying between the keyboard lower row of keys using a fingernail. There is a YouTube video showing how to do it.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 08:20 AM
    Drop damage, you may not have noticed if a case was on it

Posted via CB10 using my Classic! Check out www.gtxguns.com!
    06-01-15 08:25 AM
    It looks like it was dropped, outside burn.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 08:52 AM
    Let's not judge until she can post clearer pics. She did say the thing on the metal was from a case and rubbed off.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    howarmat, blackmoe and eldricho like this.
    06-01-15 08:54 AM
    That would drive me absolutely insane!

Posted via CB10
    anon(153966) likes this.
    06-01-15 10:01 AM
    someone dropped your phone and put it back. and the processor is top right corner, not bottom left.
    06-01-15 12:55 PM
    I have a theory about the Passport. The reason why some people seem to think it has heating issues is because it can get noticeably warm to the touch. This does not mean that the device is overheating in any way. It does however indicate that it's heatsink is working as it should since the metal that runs around the sides of the Passport is actually part of the Passport's cooling system. If it wasn't making proper contact with the device then it wouldn't conduct and then dissipate heat properly and it would never heat up. In a case like that the actually chips it's supposed to cool might be heating up more than they should though. So I think some people over react a bit when it comes to the Passport's body temperature. It's just another one of those design decisions taken by BlackBerry that might have been smart from a practicality standpoint but not so smart from a marketing perspective especially if the uninformed public and media are likely to spread rumours about the phone running warm/hot or having heating issues.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CyberMan2013; 06-02-15 at 09:25 AM.
    06-01-15 01:18 PM
    So I don't know how in the world this happened to my Passport.
    Sorry the pictures aren't hi-def (taken with my Z30 in horrible light), but there is what looks to me like the bottom-right corner of my Passport has been melted? I don't ever take it out of it's case, no matter what, but I HAVE been concerned about the phone radiating heat whenever I use it for more than 15-20 minutes. I've noticed it heats up when I just leave it set while charging, too.
    I have the Blackberry two-year protection warranty on it, but I'd have to pay a $129 deductible (still a god-send) to get it replaced by DR. Ideas? Suggestions?
    It's an effin' eye-sore and my OCD is driving me up the wall over it.

Miss Mari
    Don't worry about it. Just clean it as best as you can and put it in a case so it won't get damaged again. You won't see it anymore if it's in a case that covers the corner, like the OEM hard shell case. The heartache can go away after a while if you let it go. If you can't you can always order a housing online. What's gonna happen when that one gets a little wear and tear though? Since it's dug up like that, you might actually be able to fill it in, smooth it down and buff it to a nice finish if you're really good at plastic repair but you really need to know what you're doing or you might just make it worse.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 01:24 PM
    From now on do not touch your phone, Have a friend do all your phone work for you or hire an assistant. Your innate hotness has caused the corner of the phone to melt.
    lift likes this.
    06-01-15 01:42 PM
    Are you kidding me.. that is not melting from the inside. If it did the device would be nonfunctional....

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2582
    06-01-15 01:56 PM
    Burn mark or a serious drop, either way it's clearly a physical damage and is NOT covered under warranty. I think BlackBerry let you off with easy with $129.

The cheapest alternative is put the case back on or buy the bottom piece and replace it yourself.
    06-01-15 01:59 PM
    Did you put it down by the stove or a candle or something? I mean the odds are slim but maybe you did and didn't realize it.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 02:07 PM
    Burn mark or a serious drop, either way it's clearly a physical damage and is NOT covered under warranty. I think BlackBerry let you off with easy with $129.

The cheapest alternative is put the case back on or buy the bottom piece and replace it yourself.
    Also whiteout.

Little bit of bondo and some white paint (worked wonders when I backed my mom's van into the fence when I was 14)

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 02:35 PM
    LOL. That's quite original.

Also whiteout.

Little bit of bondo and some white paint (worked wonders when I backed my mom's van into the fence when I was 14)

Posted via CB10
    06-01-15 03:06 PM
    Also whiteout.

Posted via CB10
    Pearl white nail polish is better maybe.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-01-15 03:12 PM
    Rough weekend, eh?
    06-01-15 03:37 PM
91 1234