ALL who see my Z10 say how beautiful it looks. So BB did make something great looking that appeals to many other clients as well. The Passport will have its niche I'm very sure....... Less than the Z i suspect. A shame they dont ampmup and ramp up the z's as their new phones.
    07-01-14 06:19 PM
    Well I'm 17 year old dude, and I think the passport looks pretty freakish. Would still buy it in a heartbeat if I had the money just because of the specs and that awesome keyboard, but definitely not because of its looks.

Now my white Z30 is hot as f*ck

Posted via CB10
    CrownIsle and Superfly_FR like this.
    07-01-14 08:04 PM
    ALL who see my Z10 say how beautiful it looks. So BB did make something great looking that appeals to many other clients as well. The Passport will have its niche I'm very sure....... Less than the Z i suspect. A shame they dont ampmup and ramp up the z's as their new phones.
    I agree the Z10 looks nice - but it sold badly. As did the Z30. And the Q10. And the 5...

They've not worked, so far as sales go. Hence the passport being a bit out there on the looks front. If the Passport's niche is less than the Z, as you suggest, it'll be almost a minus figure.

The Human Torch was denied a bank-loan.
    07-02-14 12:43 AM
    Pardon my ignorance but what has the passport revolutionized? I feel like people are comparing it to the iPhone when it first came out and how it greatly differed from everything else, but it wasn't considered revolutionary til it was actually successful.
    It's a revolutionary 'look', but how revolutionary it is will be determined by whether it helps turn BlackBerry around, and then if it effects the wider market or not.

It is revolutionary because of its keyboard and overall UI control.
    The combination of physical kb "letters only" with a touch kb "numbers and symbols" is a brand new concept, not to mention the sensitive physical KB trackpad.
    The form factor also makes it unique, there's no equivalent.

It's not its success that will determine if it is revolutionary.

P.S: if you haven't already, just read the blog entry about it : http://crackberry.com/exclusive-pre-...berry-passport it'll make things clearer, I believe
    07-02-14 03:41 AM

It's not its success that will determine if it is revolutionary.
    Well, if it sells like the Z's & Q's, it'll be interesting to see how much it revolutionises smartphones in that case.

07-02-14 03:46 AM
    Once my friend shows his bb z10 to his girlfriend...he purchased it in 19k and her girlfriend thought that its worth more than 35k...! :P Thats all because if these new hot looks by BB...!

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 03:54 AM
    All I would like, is to have a go on a Passport and see for myself, then make up my mind!!Lol

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 05:37 AM
    As a reminder, folks, let's keep it clean, even in jest...
    Lol you caught that too lol

I was about to say yes the passport is making a big impression on non BlackBerry fans, hopefully on bringing back words to youth when that was more important and social than just sharing and hash tagging pics.

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    07-02-14 10:45 PM
    My daughter was doing some homework (summer college class). I was looking at a post on CB with pictures of the Passport. I was curious to get a raw impression from her.
    I showed her only one photo of Chen holding the new phone and asked her opinion. I was quite shocked to hear her say: "Wow, that's hot". This is coming from a 17 year old iPhone 5s social butterfly.
    The Passport GRABS people and pulls them in! From there they say "what, that's a BlackBerry? " I expect a big splash and shake up with this device.
    Lol at social butterfly, question is would she want one and would you give it to her?

Posted via z30 STA100-5 the only high end business device on the market
    07-03-14 12:34 AM
    This phone by nature is gonna be a 50/50 phone.

half will hate it...and wanna punch you just by seeing you hold it. People are that passionate and dumb about plastic.

the other half will praise you and look at you as their god. People are that passionate and dumb about plastic.
    07-03-14 12:43 AM
    Yea my 16 year old is a Samsung Zombie. She thinks the Note 3 is the best thing since the invention of the flush toilet. And I have to say....if I could afford it I would have had the Note 3 as a second device but I picked up the Mega instead..

? ? ? |MI DB|
    I'm a Samsung zombie for tvs, washer/dryers, fridge, stove, and dishwasher. They make quality stuff, I just hate their OS.

Lol

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 12:59 AM
    I'm a Samsung zombie for tvs, washer/dryers, fridge, stove, and dishwasher. They make quality stuff, I just hate their OS.

Lol

Posted via CB10
    From experience and reviews. fridge - sub zero , stoves - dacor or melee, dishwashers - kitchen-aid *still wins all head to heads and benchmarks.

btw
    i have a kitchenaid dishwasher still working 23 years...made from ceramic tub. MINT

tv's id go samsung and washer dryer...sure why not
    07-03-14 01:31 AM
    Lol at social butterfly, question is would she want one and would you give it to her?

Posted via z30 STA100-5 the only high end business device on the market
    If she does want one, I will pay for it if she gets all "A" grades. If not she will pay for at least half.
    07-03-14 04:12 AM
    My daughter was doing some homework (summer college class). I was looking at a post on CB with pictures of the Passport. I was curious to get a raw impression from her.
    I showed her only one photo of Chen holding the new phone and asked her opinion. I was quite shocked to hear her say: "Wow, that's hot". This is coming from a 17 year old iPhone 5s social butterfly.
    The Passport GRABS people and pulls them in! From there they say "what, that's a BlackBerry? " I expect a big splash and shake up with this device.
    The passport is the ultimate instagram phone. I hope the letterboxing for videos wont turn off potenial young customers

Differentiate or Die
    07-03-14 10:41 AM
    The passport is the ultimate instagram phone. I hope the letterboxing for videos wont turn off potenial young customers

Differentiate or Die
    The letterbox will be more than large enough to work. It was usually a compromise in size for letterbox before.
    07-03-14 11:30 AM
    Marmite vs. Vegemite. Yankees vs. Red Sox. Man Utd vs. Liverpool. Everton vs. Liverpool. No reasoning with the masses there at all.
    You forgot the most important one. Giants vs Dodgers for us West Coasters.

Check my user name and see if you can decipher which one I support.

From my awesome Q10 running 10.2.1.2228. Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 08:54 PM
    Both came out of Brooklyn.
    07-04-14 12:33 AM
    Both came out of Brooklyn.
    Yes they did. One year before I was born.

From my awesome Q10 running 10.2.1.2228. Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 01:31 AM
    Well my 15 year old niece has just come over from Canada to visit her grand mum here in the uk. So I thought I'd show her a pic of the passport, her first reaction was similar to the OP's daughter, in that she said wow that looks cool...which phone is it.

I asked her if she had a choice to buy this or another iPhone, she said the passport. This coming from an iPhone 5c loving girl lol...Alot of my friends who have iphones and Androids are now saying they may come back to BlackBerry with this passport or even the classic.

One thing is for sure, this is a phone that will garner alot of interest from people. I just hope it sells well enough, I'll be getting one myself that's for certain.

Posted via CB10
    LoneStarRed likes this.
    07-04-14 06:03 AM
    This coming from an iPhone 5c loving girl lol..
    That doesn't count...
    07-04-14 12:01 PM
    That doesn't count...
    It counts if BlackBerry want to attract the younger generation ;-).

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 12:19 PM
    It counts if BlackBerry want to attract the younger generation ;-).
    She has a 5c... everything looks cooler than that. Even the first TACS.
    07-04-14 12:27 PM
    16 years old and love the Passport! I want a phone that stands out and people stop to analyse what the hell you're holding and that's the passport!

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 03:31 PM
    She has a 5c... everything looks cooler than that. Even the first TACS.
    It's an iPhone ffs, nothing is cooler than an iPhone according to sheeple lol.

Are u that offended that a 15 year old girl thinks the passport is cool looking?? Lol.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 05:09 PM
    No, I'm not. But the 5c is not cool for anyone.
    07-05-14 05:50 AM
75 123