Blend is definitely one of the reasons I'm coming back to BlackBerry. While I was first stoked about Apple's offering of Continuity/Handoff, I realized that I would have to buy a $1500 Mac-machine to get that functionality. Not so stoked about that. Blend is just a software install on my already existing machine and I'm good to go.
    10-15-14 08:07 AM
    No I don't like whatsapp but here in Germany it is the number one messaging app. Every single contact I have uses it and no one uses BBM. So I have no choice really and I don't mind using it. It works better than BBM on iOS or Android. So not having whatsapp in blend renders it useless for the moment.

Sent from my Passport
    Tell your friends that your Chancellor Merkel does not use WhatsApp and that they should all do themselves a favour and get the Passport. Cheers.
    10-15-14 08:23 AM
    Tell your friends that your Chancellor Merkel does not use WhatsApp and that they should all do themselves a favour and get the Passport. Cheers.
    Believe me I am trying to get people interested in BlackBerry. But I only have minor success. The Q10 was my first BlackBerry ever (sorry I dislike the legacy os). I won't go and recommend BBM to iOS or android users though because it doesn't run well on none BlackBerry OS devices.

Sent from my Passport
    10-15-14 08:30 AM
    Have to admit I use my passport more than anything. Since transferring my music on I haven't looked at my iPad or laptop. Just my passport and kindle.

I've only used blend one or twice but it is definitely an awesome app. If only I could tear myself away from the phone.
    10-15-14 08:46 AM
    Blend is working great for me too @ work!! Just got my Passport!!

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 08:53 AM
    It really is a great product! Love it.
    10-15-14 08:59 AM
    Blend works across different networks for me. Yay! Non-work and work networks can now be joined via Blend. Now, if only it will also work like Bridge... let me browse the internet from the laptop while USB connected to the Passport when on the road, please!!!! I can do this with the Playbook and Bridge, please let me do the same with laptop/tablet and Blend.
    Mr_F likes this.
    10-15-14 09:10 AM
    Blend is awsome especially when your at your desk and don't know where u left your Pasport

posted via my passport
    Blend is going to be awesome when I get to put it on my work computer and be messaging all day while coworkers/bosses think I'm working.
    Plazmic Flame and toneytone like this.
    10-15-14 09:19 AM
    Enough of this thread, I'm readings everyone post and how good it is and so on, while I sit here and still waiting for my shipment. Can't wait until I get the chance to play with it. Everyone enjoy the blend and passport. I will get my turn.

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 11:00 AM
    Hang in there. Your wait will be worth it! )
    10-15-14 11:30 AM
    There are a number of important differences between ios "continuity" and blend :

Blend is enterprise friendly!

It doesn't require a hardware or software update on the enterprise side. Got pc's with a current version of windows, great, macs with osX, great, android or ios tablets, you're set. If you think buying a mac or iPad to take advantage of continuity is annoying for consumers rolling out a new os to macs in an enterprise (assuming you have them) is worse. As well as the newest versions of the continuity enabled apps on both the phones and the connected devices. For blend it's just one app that will most likely run on whatever you have.

Data is kept secure on the device, nothing is stored anywhere but on the device. Massive security benefit here as well as management benefit. A company's data isn't strewn across many personal icloud accounts but kept on devices owned, managed and secured by the company. (yes employees could copy it elsewhere but that's not new and blend gives them a positive reason not to, because it's easier and always available)

It works with any internet connection. Even if the device were left at home the data, messaging and all that would still be available, easily, from nearly any internet connected tablet, mac or pc.

The only thing I'm not sure of is 3rd party devs. Continuity is open to it but I don't know if blend is (or should be)

The worst part is, I haven't even used it yet! just a huge fan. The concept is amazing and will expand.

Posted via CB10
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    10-15-14 11:55 AM
    Not sure if I go for Passport. I still have my Q10, but this Blend thing sounds so exciting)) hope if we get update this year we all will be happy to join your 'BLEND COMMUNITY'.
    I also hope we will have ability to dial and answer the calls. 3rd party apps would be very helpful to use.
    There was a time when RIM lost the momentum with BBM, and has been overtaken by Whatsapp. Now it's the time for BlackBerry to show the world they got some guts.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 12:13 PM
    I got my Passport about 24 hours ago, and much as I've fallen in love with it I think Blend might be the most disruptive product BlackBerry has introduced for a fair while.

Blend wasn't really on my radar; I had the impression that it was basically a super-zoomy BlackBerry Bridge replacement. It kind of is, but bear in mind that once you've installed the software and established a link to your device, it doesn't even have to be on the same network!

IOW, I could have left my Passport on standby at home this morning, and so long as it could connect to WiFi I could use the Blend client on my PC at work. My wife won't need Apple's e-mail app on her iPad once she can get Blend for her Z10, because she can just use Blend's Hub for all her messaging. To be fair, if the traffic isn't on the same network there's some lag, but it's not unacceptable and one assumes that it will be smoother as the software continues development.

Even better, Blend is a strategic advantage for BlackBerry because it leverages BB's NOC network in a way that nobody else can. I've showed this off to a couple of BB-skeptics now and even they have admitted this is something new, unique, and useful. Very cool.
    10-15-14 12:16 PM
    But, honestly, I think blend still need some touch up. It is a little bit slow. Especially the one on the iOS. But yes, this is a good thinking.
    10-15-14 12:19 PM
    It is a great feature. I admit I have only glanced at it but it's great to sit down in front of the computer and not have to have the phone out. I use a headset for calls so other than dialing I don't have to have it out. Ties the two together better than I thought it would. However I am disappointed with the iPad app as it quits the minute you move to something else where on my Surface it runs in the background. That's the only fault I see

Passport on AT&T
    IOS sucks at multitasking!

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    10-15-14 12:20 PM
    But, honestly, I think blend still need some touch up. It is a little bit slow. Especially the one on the iOS. But yes, this is a good thinking.
    The problem is blend or ios? Think twice

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1154
    10-15-14 12:21 PM
    I like Passport and Blend like the posts here. I would suggest that BlackBerry should consider to make it a platform to allow developers to sell apps for "Blend" and make money. Such as Whatsapp for Blend, Wechat for Blend. I have my money ready. Just take it!

Posted via CB10
    This would be a bad idea. Most consumers feel like once they buy an app, they own it. The functionality of blend doesn't imply having to repurchase apps that are already on your phone. That'd be like paying for Netflix on your roku, and then having to buy a roku-netflix player for your smart tv

But man oh man can I wait to try blend. I cannot wait to show people at work. This is truly a killer feature that should differentiate BlackBerry substantially. It has a load of use cases. I'm glad it's cross platform, but undoubtedly it will flow better on a BB, so people can still be enticed.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 12:23 PM
    The problem is blend or ios? Think twice

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1154
    It doesn't matter to the end user... has to be solved by whoever has the most to lose or gain (i.e. BlackBerry)

Posted via CB10
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    10-15-14 12:29 PM
    It doesn't matter to the end user... has to be solved by whoever has the most to lose or gain (i.e. BlackBerry)

Posted via CB10
    I have to agree with that. The problem with iOS apps in general is that they need to be coded in such a way that they LOOK to be running to the end-user and there are some fussy platform-specific techniques that don't improve performance per se, but do improve the user's experience.

I haven't tried Blend on iOS yet, but I would hope that it hooks into Apple's notifications effectively.
    10-15-14 12:36 PM
    and so long as it could connect to WiFi I could use the Blend client on my PC at work
    It works over the wireless network too... in fact, any internet connection... as long as you have data, you can use the hotspot on the phone for the second devices internet connection.
    playboldbook likes this.
    10-15-14 01:07 PM
    It works over the wireless network too... in fact, any internet connection... as long as you have data, you can use the hotspot on the phone for the second devices internet connection.
    True, though I hate to think what that might do for both battery life and data usage. But, yes, in an emergency that could be useful indeed.
    10-15-14 01:12 PM
    I think most people that got a Passport around here are so obsessed by it that they forgot where they last left their tablet/laptop/PC,.. lol
    That's me! This thing lasts all day no matter how hard I push it, no need for my laptop (except for when I feel the need to do some proper gaming of course )

Praise be unto our Lord Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    10-15-14 01:27 PM
    I got my Passport about 24 hours ago, and much as I've fallen in love with it I think Blend might be the most disruptive product BlackBerry has introduced for a fair while.

Blend wasn't really on my radar; I had the impression that it was basically a super-zoomy BlackBerry Bridge replacement. It kind of is, but bear in mind that once you've installed the software and established a link to your device, it doesn't even have to be on the same network!

IOW, I could have left my Passport on standby at home this morning, and so long as it could connect to WiFi I could use the Blend client on my PC at work. My wife won't need Apple's e-mail app on her iPad once she can get Blend for her Z10, because she can just use Blend's Hub for all her messaging. To be fair, if the traffic isn't on the same network there's some lag, but it's not unacceptable and one assumes that it will be smoother as the software continues development.

Even better, Blend is a strategic advantage for BlackBerry because it leverages BB's NOC network in a way that nobody else can. I've showed this off to a couple of BB-skeptics now and even they have admitted this is something new, unique, and useful. Very cool.
    Just to follow up on the different network lag, at least from my experience, is still less than 2 seconds except under a few circumstances where my laptop lost its network for a second because University Internet is just awful. But even then on our limited connection when my device is on the mobile network and not the same wifi network, it's super quick! Usually by the time I look up I'm staring at blend waiting for it to show the new message and I realize it's already there!

10-15-14 01:31 PM
    For some strange reason at my university, could just be a routing issue, my laptop isn't able to sync with my Passport in Blend except when wired... both on the same wifi or even with the laptop on the wifi and phone on data... :/

10-15-14 01:33 PM
    Blend is amazing but there were already so many competitors is that field.

Blend is just a secure Air Droid 2 and Mobizen that can't do as much.

Samsung SideSync and Apple Handoff are also competitors which go about the same concept in a whole different away. Pros and Cons obviously.

What I'm getting at this concept isn't anything new but it's sweet that BB10 finally has something to compare to it's competition. I hate how I can't sync remember with it.

Much like the HUB it's an amazing base but they need to expand on it, looking at BlackBerry's history, it might not happen.
    10-15-14 01:33 PM
156 12345 ...