I'm pretty sure having access to all your email accounts, calendars, texts, and files all in one place from any device is already pretty interesting to most.

I know it is to me.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 10:07 PM
    it's amazing having it on the desktop.
    10-14-14 10:08 PM
    Apple crossplatform....I dont think so

BBM hardly used... 91M active users would disagree
    10-14-14 10:10 PM
    Apple is bringing out Yosemite soon, you may be able to do a lot more in it, like Answering calls, continue a mail you left from your iphone etc. I am just saying this because I want BlackBerry to be a step ahead and bring out making/answering calls, complete notification and mirror apps in Blend. But again Apple Yosemite won't be crossplatform i guess.

Unless I'm completely misinformed (very likely on this subject). It seems that continuity (or whatever it is called) relies heavily on "the cloud",.. whereas the point of Blend is to not rely on "the cloud" (I hate that term, btw) for anything.

I know most users (especially Apple ones) will not care about that detail,.. well... at least not until the next batch of nudes gets released.

Posted via CB10
    Randy Woolvett and spikesolie like this.
    10-14-14 10:11 PM
    I like using my passport right now but did check out blend! Looking good so far!

Blackberry Passport on the TELUS network
    10-14-14 10:20 PM
    I'm jealous. I'm running 10.3 on my Q10 right now. Once I installed the update, the BlackBerry Blend icon went on both my desktop and my Q10, but whenever I try to run it, I just get an error message

It's teasing me!!

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 10:30 PM
    I like Passport and Blend like the posts here. I would suggest that BlackBerry should consider to make it a platform to allow developers to sell apps for "Blend" and make money. Such as Whatsapp for Blend, Wechat for Blend. I have my money ready. Just take it!

Posted via CB10
    Randy Woolvett and jay_men like this.
    10-14-14 10:32 PM
    I'm jealous. I'm running 10.3 on my Q10 right now. Once I installed the update, the BlackBerry Blend icon went on both my desktop and my Q10, but whenever I try to run it, I just get an error message

It's teasing me!!

Posted via CB10
    Switch to Passport. You won't regret it. I switched from Q10 to Passport. Man! I never look back.

Posted via CB10
    Randy Woolvett likes this.
    10-14-14 10:34 PM
    Texting on my PC blow my mine!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 11:11 PM
    I absolutely love blend.

When I get within range of my homes network it automatically prompts for a connection, and I just throw in my password and leave my device face down while I do everything from my PC. When I leave home and get out of range of the network, it automatically disconnects without leaving a single trace, cookie, log, or history file on my PC or saved on some offshore poorly secured cloud rack somewhere.

Seamless!
    10-14-14 11:26 PM
    People take it casual, who used Nokia PC suites. it was great, no body has offered such features.
    Q10Bold and KasukeSadiki like this.
    10-14-14 11:27 PM
    People take it casual, who used Nokia PC suites. it was great, no body has offered such features.
    Lolwut? Features like?
    10-14-14 11:43 PM
    Loving blend, zero issues with it. Nicely done RIMM.
    10-15-14 12:22 AM
    No! I remember this! There was some good functionality there. As well as Sony Ericsson as well. Back when they did the Walkman phones you could get Windows software that allowed you to send texts via USB and I *think* you could do something with calls too.

I'm pretty excited to use blend. I'm a "phone on silent" guy. I forget about it at times when I get home from work as it's not beeping at me directly

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 12:57 AM
    Blend is the best thing since sliced bread . Now if I could print my emails directly from blend...
    Legal Eagle and wincyUt like this.
    10-15-14 01:34 AM
    Apple is bringing out Yosemite soon, you may be able to do a lot more in it, like Answering calls, continue a mail you left from your iphone etc. I am just saying this because I want BlackBerry to be a step ahead and bring out making/answering calls, complete notification and mirror apps in Blend. But again Apple Yosemite won't be crossplatform i guess.
    Continue an email? any outlook or gmail (majority of email users) can be started on any type of device and carried on through Blend or vice versa. Not sure how apple has a leg up on this?

Also, its great using Blend on my work and home PC's AND on my MacBook. Try that with the Apple software.

I refuse to be locked down to one platform.
    10-15-14 05:43 AM
    Blend is awsome especially when your at your desk and don't know where u left your Pasport

posted via my passport
    10-15-14 06:47 AM
    Apple crossplatform....I dont think so

BBM hardly used... 91M active users would disagree
    Out of those 91m I'd ike to know how many actually use it often. Because none of my friends do. As of right now I don't use blend because I have outlook for my exchange account and I don't text at all. But I love the idea and once it supports whatsapp I'll actually use it all the time.

Sent from my Passport
    10-15-14 06:54 AM
    Out of those 91m I'd ike to know how many actually use it often. Because none of my friends do. As of right now I don't use blend because I have outlook for my exchange account and I don't text at all. But I love the idea and once it supports whatsapp I'll actually use it all the time.

Sent from my Passport
    Um, I'm very sure those are 91 million ACTIVE users. Which means untold millions more have the app downloaded but rarely use it.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 07:05 AM
    I am glad you guys are enjoying the blackberry passport and blend. I can't use blend on my z10, waiting for the
    Blackberry passport. Hurry up Blackberry! Cheers mates!
    Z10 will also have it with 10.3.1 next month...

Z30 144GB
    10-15-14 07:11 AM
    Nice idea but needs third party support (whatsapp) to become interesting for most people. BBM is hardly used....

Sent from my Passport
    It's funny that I hardly use WhatsApp. Just you because you like WhatsApp doesn't mean that other BB10 users care for it. IMHO there tons of more important "productivity" third party apps that BlackBerry should deal with first.
    10-15-14 07:28 AM
    Why are people unable to use? Do you mean those without a PP?
    If you have (for example a Z10) anything but a PP you can see Blend advertised but it isn't currently supporting your device.
    10-15-14 07:35 AM
    It's funny that I hardly use WhatsApp. Just you because you like WhatsApp doesn't mean that other BB10 users care for it. IMHO there tons of more important "productivity" third party apps that BlackBerry should deal with first.
    No I don't like whatsapp but here in Germany it is the number one messaging app. Every single contact I have uses it and no one uses BBM. So I have no choice really and I don't mind using it. It works better than BBM on iOS or Android. So not having whatsapp in blend renders it useless for the moment.

Sent from my Passport
    10-15-14 07:36 AM
    No I don't like whatsapp but here in Germany it is the number one messaging app. Every single contact I have uses it and no one uses BBM. So I have no choice really and I don't mind using it. It works better than BBM on iOS or Android. So not having whatsapp in blend renders it useless for the moment.

Sent from my Passport
    Except for the easy access to documents on the phone perhaps?
    Anything you do on the phone is easily accessible from a PC or tablet.

Blend is for more than just messaging.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt likes this.
    10-15-14 08:04 AM
    The Blend is so good that I have even noticed that I can crank out a lot more texting on my BBM with so much easy, of course from my PC
    10-15-14 08:05 AM
156 1234 ...