almost as amazing as the PP is, why aren't more people blown away by Blend? its simply brilliant!

It makes my home and work pc and laptop so much enjoyable knowing that my BB content and msg'ing is just one click away!

Gone are the days when I'd be responding to emails on my PC or laptop, and then moving over to my BB to answer a text or bbm. Now I do everything on PC/laptop and save the battery on my BB.

Amazing,
    10-14-14 05:00 PM
    Because most everybody is not yet able to use it.

That's why.
    10-14-14 05:03 PM
    I think most people that got a Passport around here are so obsessed by it that they forgot where they last left their tablet/laptop/PC,.. lol
    10-14-14 05:03 PM
    I've been loving blend from the first day I've used it. File transfer is also very simple with this feature

Posted via CB10
    aghs likes this.
    10-14-14 05:29 PM
    Completely agree. Blend is really amazing. For me, it's completely revolutionary and it completely changes how I think about using my phone. I am genuinely stoked by it.

Posted via CB10
    aghs likes this.
    10-14-14 05:53 PM
    It is a great feature. I admit I have only glanced at it but it's great to sit down in front of the computer and not have to have the phone out. I use a headset for calls so other than dialing I don't have to have it out. Ties the two together better than I thought it would. However I am disappointed with the iPad app as it quits the minute you move to something else where on my Surface it runs in the background. That's the only fault I see

Passport on AT&T
    redk likes this.
    10-14-14 05:56 PM
    It is a great feature. I admit I have only glanced at it but it's great to sit down in front of the computer and not have to have the phone out. I use a headset for calls so other than dialing I don't have to have it out. Ties the two together better than I thought it would. However I am disappointed with the iPad app as it quits the minute you move to something else where on my Surface it runs in the background. That's the only fault I see

Passport on AT&T
    gotta love the "excellent multitasking" of ios
    10-14-14 06:07 PM
    :lol:
    10-14-14 06:18 PM
  9. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Blend IS amazing.... as is my Passport!

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 06:41 PM
    Blend is most definitely awesome! I love that it helps conserve battery life ... where I'd typically be responding to BBM conversations or text messages keeping the LCD on, but instead the display can remain off and I can respond on the computer!

I also love the fact it has Caller ID! Sometimes I have forgotten that my phone is on Silent, working away on the computer... and would have otherwise missed a phone call without the popup notification on my computer screen.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 06:57 PM
    Lol yeah with the purchase of a Surface Pro 3 and the Passport and I hope to remove myself completely from the ios experience. It amazing how many less step I have to go through on Mt Passport to set up work files on Onedrive. The integration with the file manager is great!

Passport on AT&T
    playz10 and PatrickMJS like this.
    10-14-14 06:59 PM
    With the Passport.. Blend should work all the way around.. I should be able to control the PC using the phone!! The Passport is too much f$%ing amazing to put it down and use the PC instead..

More seriously I am really enjoying Blend. The first iteration is already spot on and the software has tons of potential

I am looking forward now to some expanded capabilities such accessing more core/native applications (Password Keeper, BlackBerry Express, BlackBerry Travel) and some third party apps (namely WhatsApp). Finally I am anticipating when (and if) BBM meeting will be accessible through Blend on the PC...!!!
    10-14-14 06:59 PM
    Because most everybody is not yet able to use it.

That's why.
    Why are people unable to use? Do you mean those without a PP?
    diegonei likes this.
    10-14-14 07:06 PM
    Yes.
    10-14-14 07:16 PM
    I am glad you guys are enjoying the blackberry passport and blend. I can't use blend on my z10, waiting for the
    Blackberry passport. Hurry up Blackberry! Cheers mates!
    10-14-14 07:18 PM
    Yes. And since not everybody that bought a Passport has got a Passport yet...

But fret not. 10.3.1 shall have people (all the BB10 base most likely) raving about the marvels of Blend.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    10-14-14 07:23 PM
    I didn't even realize before getting my passport that it would work from different networks. I guess I just assumed they had to be on the same network.

At work I'm on the wireless and my desktop PC connects perfectly which kinda blew me away at first.

Posted via CB10
    ptpete likes this.
    10-14-14 07:27 PM
    I am loving Blend. It is rock solid, stable, fast, and keeps surprising me with its efficient functionality....just realised that I did not open my google apps mail today on my laptop...no need with my Blend Hub. Never thought that would happen!

BlackBerry Passport: posted via CB10
    10-14-14 07:40 PM
    I wish blend was compatible with Google chrome os for the Chromebook users out there. It's definitely a growing segment of users whether in education or business because of the cheap cost, light os, and ever expanding capabilities with updates.

Maybe it will be supported one day...

Posted via CrackBerry App
    10-14-14 07:45 PM
    I'm curious about the MMS/BBM content.. . What data medium is being used the PC's LAN/WLAN via the BlackBerry NOC or strictly over blue tooth and using the Passports provider data channels?

If it's the latter then some of us who already enjoy and consume heavy amounts of data on our BB10 devices, via apps, html/flash browsing, emails attachments, calendar meetings attachments contact referencing and background checking thanks to the super efficient power that BB10 provides, I'm cautious about this data consumption.

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    10-14-14 08:01 PM
    Frankly, I have not used Blend much, because when the notification LED is flashing on my passport, I just pick it up instead of using Blend. Maybe in a couple of weeks I will be able to use Blend more, because, as you all said, it is a very nice tool with a lot of potential.
    10-14-14 08:28 PM
    Quick question. If I hook my phone up to my tablet with blend does it automatically share the 4g?

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 08:51 PM
    Apple is bringing out Yosemite soon, you may be able to do a lot more in it, like Answering calls, continue a mail you left from your iphone etc. I am just saying this because I want BlackBerry to be a step ahead and bring out making/answering calls, complete notification and mirror apps in Blend. But again Apple Yosemite won't be crossplatform i guess.
    10-14-14 09:07 PM
    Great software. Keep it coming BlackBerry.

Posted with my awesome Blackberry Passport
    Last edited by Elessar.cm; 10-15-14 at 07:07 AM.
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    10-14-14 09:09 PM
    Nice idea but needs third party support (whatsapp) to become interesting for most people. BBM is hardly used....

Sent from my Passport
    10-14-14 09:25 PM
156 123 ...