Yeah but those are the same kids that teased other kids cause they appeared different. Shouldn't take offense but feel sorry for them cause they'll never grow up.
    Passport is a beast of a phone

I had a friend try and get a rise out of me by saying my Passport was a stupid phone. I told him what it could do compared to his iPhone and he backtracked and admitted iPhone is limited in many ways
    Yeah wasn't offended just found it funny. But I literally said I stand out in a sea of iphones and samsungs. I actually found it funny when they said yo this guy still has a blackberry! Lol..damn right I do

Blackberry for life

Posted via CB10
    10-19-17 10:47 AM
    Yeah but those are the same kids that teased other kids cause they appeared different. Shouldn't take offense but feel sorry for them cause they'll never grow up.

I had a friend try and get a rise out of me by saying my Passport was a stupid phone. I told him what it could do compared to his iPhone and he backtracked and admitted iPhone is limited in many ways
    I also refuse to put the silver in the flex shell case..totally takes the beauty of it away...I really want to find a red passport at a good price so I can take that out sometimes as well

Posted via CB10
    10-19-17 10:49 AM
    Who want to buy a passport? I want to let it go. Pm me!

Posted via CB10
    10-19-17 11:57 AM
    I love my new passport!
    Even can't work on priv after it...

Posted via CB10
    10-19-17 01:06 PM
    Couldn't agree..but it's funny..last night I was out..and I put the silver passport down and these kids like in their 20s saw my phone and started laughing..lol..they are look at this guy's phone!

Posted via CB10
    I had opposite experience. I had my blackberry white passport and these kids were impressed! I am from Los Angeles btw.
    10-19-17 01:10 PM
    I had opposite experience. I had my blackberry white passport and these kids were impressed! I am from Los Angeles btw.
    Nice! Yeah I'm from Toronto. That's the only negative experience I've had with the silver. When I had the OG passport most people would say wow that's a cool looking device.

Posted via CB10
    krazyatom likes this.
    10-19-17 01:12 PM
    My Passport keyboard only has light from (T,G) keys to the left side, the right side keys are no light at all even after hard reset, can anyone offer me a trick or some ways that might helps, thanks.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-17 01:17 PM

I really need what some people are on, because although the iPhone might be limited in many ways, there are many more ways it whips BB10 so bad it's not even a discussion.

I personally don't like Apple, but with an iPhone I could:
    - deposit cheques by taking a photo
    - pay with my phone for small purchases
    - use a massive variety of apps
    - get notifications for a variety of smart home devices and control them
    - connect to any mobile service out there
    - save time figuring out workarounds
    - carry around only one device to do what I need to do

To answer the title question, the Passport is a three year old device. I would not buy it again now

Posted via CB10
    10-19-17 02:56 PM
    Its worth gettin! Especially if your looking for long term using device! Is worth 001%

Posted via CB10
    10-19-17 04:35 PM
    I really need what some people are on, because although the iPhone might be limited in many ways, there are many more ways it whips BB10 so bad it's not even a discussion.

I personally don't like Apple, but with an iPhone I could:
    - deposit cheques by taking a photo
    - pay with my phone for small purchases
    - use a massive variety of apps
    - get notifications for a variety of smart home devices and control them
    - connect to any mobile service out there
    - save time figuring out workarounds
    - carry around only one device to do what I need to do

To answer the title question, the Passport is a three year old device. I would not buy it again now

Posted via CB10
    OK so I guess this deserves a rebuttal.

-My Passport can download media to the device and not locked to an app. I can take this media and move it and copy it to any device or location I please as many time as I choose.

-My Passport can save all the files, pictures, videos etc to a SD Card and keep the main file storage clean freeing up battery sucking resources. The SD Card can be used for a backup and perform a wipe if needed or of the device is broken I have my main files safe on the SD Card.

- My Passport can not only save to the SD Card but to a Flash drive USB stick and transfer files.

- Using the same adapter I can charge my bluetooth earbuds from my phones battery.

- I can use Android apps that still generally work and can still use my banking app to counter your points. I know others aren't so fortunate.

- I have an amazing keyboard that doubles as a trackpad and is super fast and accurate. This is untouchable.

- My keyboard doubles as a quick launcher for all my most important or used apps. I can assign apps to every key and it saves me from jumbling around my screens or folders.

- Have an amazing HUB that no other phone has matched not even Blackberry's Android.

- fluid gestures through the OS that work buttery smooth

- I can save the banks Web page to my homescreen to do my banking.

- tracking of my activities or whereabouts is minimal in comparison.

- have a file system that integrates with online cloud storage.
    Yes we have lost the native integration with DropBox but if installing an android app to do this which is the exact same thing you have had to do on all other platforms is considered a work around then hey, have it your way.

I'd say it's a draw. I'm not going to say BB10 is better as I've been accused of before :O but I'm not going to say your iPhone is either.

Posted via CB10
    ots1960 and falbo like this.
    10-19-17 06:04 PM

-My Passport can download media to the device and not locked to an app. I can take this media and move it and copy it to any device or location I please as many time as I choose.

-My Passport can save all the files, pictures, videos etc to a SD Card and keep the main file storage clean freeing up battery sucking resources. The SD Card can be used for a backup and perform a wipe if needed or of the device is broken I have my main files safe on the SD Card.

- My Passport can not only save to the SD Card but to a Flash drive USB stick and transfer files.

- Using the same adapter I can charge my bluetooth earbuds from my phones battery.

- I can use Android apps that still generally work and can still use my banking app to counter your points. I know others aren't so fortunate.

- I have an amazing keyboard that doubles as a trackpad and is super fast and accurate. This is untouchable.

- My keyboard doubles as a quick launcher for all my most important or used apps. I can assign apps to every key and it saves me from jumbling around my screens or folders.

- Have an amazing HUB that no other phone has matched not even Blackberry's Android.

Yes we have lost the native integration with DropBox but if installing an android app to do this which is the exact same thing you have had to do on all other platforms is considered a work around then hey, have it your way.

I'd say it's a draw. I'm not going to say BB10 is better as I've been accused of before :O but I'm not going to say your iPhone is either.

Posted via CB10
    Game set...match

Posted via CB10
    10-19-17 06:17 PM
    The passport days are over. It is an old phone now. The main deal for me is the browser experience is slow and does not work properly for more and more sites. I can manage without most apps but that is a sacrifice getting harder to live with.

That is what is driving me to look for a passport replacement on Black Friday... likely the Keyone if the price comes down.

My PassportSE will go back to alarm clock and backup service like before my Priv screen broke. It will be fondly remembered as my best phone to date. Fun days experiencing the evolution of BB10. But the fun is over.

Things have settled down in Apple and Android world with gradual refinement. Watching an OS significantly evolve is not to be repeated for a long while in the mobile space.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-17 07:05 PM
    What cathulu15 said. It's the browser. KEYone will probably be the next buy...

Posted via CB10
    10-19-17 08:59 PM
    The passport days are over. It is an old phone now. The main deal for me is the browser experience is slow and does not work properly for more and more sites. I can manage without most apps but that is a sacrifice getting harder to live with.

That is what is driving me to look for a passport replacement on Black Friday... likely the Keyone if the price comes down.

My PassportSE will go back to alarm clock and backup service like before my Priv screen broke. It will be fondly remembered as my best phone to date. Fun days experiencing the evolution of BB10. But the fun is over.

Things have settled down in Apple and Android world with gradual refinement. Watching an OS significantly evolve is not to be repeated for a long while in the mobile space.

Posted via CB10
    Don't know what u are talking about...browser is fine and lightening fast..go waste your money on the keyone that basically has the same specs as the passport

Posted via CB10
    10-19-17 10:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    Very well said!! Your points are absolutely spot on and deserves acceptance. Robust OS and Hardware is on passport unmatched even today for a device of 3 years! Love BlackBerry as well as iphone too!! Both are good phones in their own rights!!

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    10-19-17 11:09 PM
    Don't know what u are talking about...browser is fine and lightening fast..go waste your money on the keyone that basically has the same specs as the passport

Posted via CB10
    Yes I agree with you!! I have never faced any problems either!!

Posted via CB10
    10-19-17 11:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    Let's start off by saying I have never, nor do I intend to own an iPhone at any time in the foreseeable future. I have owned the OG Passport I'm still using now as my only device since the accidental week 2 flash sale ShopBlackBerry had on them. I've had it in my hands for a full three years now.

Now to rebut what you said

1. "My Passport can download media to the device and not locked to an app. I can take this media and move it and copy it to any device or location I please as many time as I choose."

This is a toy, not tool function. Furthermore, how are all those movies you bought from BlackBerry World doing? Right, they were all money down the drain.

You can always download iTunes material from a PC and do what you like with it too.

2." My Passport can save all the files, pictures, videos etc to a SD Card and keep the main file storage clean freeing up battery sucking resources. The SD Card can be used for a backup and perform a wipe if needed or of the device is broken I have my main files safe on the SD Card. "

Just don't encrypt then decrypt the card. Mine now tells me each time I reboot (or I should say, each time the phone reboots) that it was formatted on another device and I need to reformat to use it. It still shows up, but it's annoying.

Many Android devices use SD cards, SD cards are not fail proof and most iPhone media can be uploaded to the cloud where it is safe even if your physical device goes missing.

3. " My Passport can not only save to the SD Card but to a Flash drive USB stick and transfer files. "

Just don't try do it in front of others. This has been hit and miss with me. Also, other than photos, what are you creating on your phone that needs to be transferred? There are tons of ways to transfer from an iPhone.

4. "- I can use Android apps that still generally work and can still use my banking app to counter your points. I know others aren't so fortunate"

Android apps are dropping like flies. The time spent on workarounds is excessive and you're relying on another OS. Why not just go Android? You're lucky your banking app still works, but would you suggest a Passport to a casual user and say it might work, it might not?

5. On the keyboard I can't argue.

6. For the quick launcher comment, when the number of usable apps is quickly dwindling, who cares how fast you can launch an app crash?

7. You have a cool place where you have all your texts, emails and phone calls. Fun, I guess, if it's 2002 and that's all we do with our phones. The Hub is an amazing idea, but the OS around it has way too many shortcomings.

8. Buttery smooth to nowhere, see the point above.

9. Web page vs app?? Really? Web page has minimal functionality vs an app.

10. They're watching us all...

Posted via CB10
    10-20-17 12:26 AM
    Sorry but to say the Browser is lightning fast is definitely not true anymore. It is ok but when you use something more modern you realize it is slow.

I had to use an iPad to check in my flight, my Passport SE couldn't do it, it just didn't work. That was the United website.

BTW my iPad Air 2 browser is significantly faster than my Passport SE - and that also is old tech compared to today's phone tech. That is very noticeable on a site like the Verge for example.

Still love the phone and BB10. But it is only barely acceptable now. It is still great for some limited uses like email, text, phone... it is a great speaker phone. I will miss it!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-20-17 12:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    Well said and so True. I moved to KEYone and have not looked back. My SE days are over. Device itself wifi playing music...nice speakers.
    10-20-17 03:41 AM
    KEYone same specs as Passport?
    That is hilarious.😂 LOL.. KEYone for starters has an SOC that was announced by Qualcomm in 2016 and released months later...I loved my SE but the fact is it is 4 year old device...that in Tech world is Prehistoric. nothing wrong with moving on.
    10-20-17 03:47 AM
    Yes I agree with you!! I have never faced any problems either!!

Posted via CB10
    Some people never clear the browser's cache and cookies. And that may slow the things down.

Browser still as fast as usual ther btw...

Posted via CB10
    10-20-17 04:27 AM
    Let's start off by saying I have never, nor do I intend to own an iPhone at any time in the foreseeable future. I have owned the OG Passport I'm still using now as my only device since the accidental week 2 flash sale ShopBlackBerry had on them. I've had it in my hands for a full three years now.

Now to rebut what you said

1. "My Passport can download media to the device and not locked to an app. I can take this media and move it and copy it to any device or location I please as many time as I choose."

This is a toy, not tool function. Furthermore, how are all those movies you bought from BlackBerry World doing? Right, they were all money down the drain.

You can always download iTunes material from a PC and do what you like with it too.

2." My Passport can save all the files, pictures, videos etc to a SD Card and keep the main file storage clean freeing up battery sucking resources. The SD Card can be used for a backup and perform a wipe if needed or of the device is broken I have my main files safe on the SD Card. "

Just don't encrypt then decrypt the card. Mine now tells me each time I reboot (or I should say, each time the phone reboots) that it was formatted on another device and I need to reformat to use it. It still shows up, but it's annoying.

Many Android devices use SD cards, SD cards are not fail proof and most iPhone media can be uploaded to the cloud where it is safe even if your physical device goes missing.

3. " My Passport can not only save to the SD Card but to a Flash drive USB stick and transfer files. "

Just don't try do it in front of others. This has been hit and miss with me. Also, other than photos, what are you creating on your phone that needs to be transferred? There are tons of ways to transfer from an iPhone.

4. "- I can use Android apps that still generally work and can still use my banking app to counter your points. I know others aren't so fortunate"

Android apps are dropping like flies. The time spent on workarounds is excessive and you're relying on another OS. Why not just go Android? You're lucky your banking app still works, but would you suggest a Passport to a casual user and say it might work, it might not?

5. On the keyboard I can't argue.

6. For the quick launcher comment, when the number of usable apps is quickly dwindling, who cares how fast you can launch an app crash?

7. You have a cool place where you have all your texts, emails and phone calls. Fun, I guess, if it's 2002 and that's all we do with our phones. The Hub is an amazing idea, but the OS around it has way too many shortcomings.

8. Buttery smooth to nowhere, see the point above.

9. Web page vs app?? Really? Web page has minimal functionality vs an app.

10. They're watching us all...

Posted via CB10
    Ball is in my court get ready for forth match serve lol.

1- I use Videoder APK not Blackberry store or whatever to get media. I also torrent which I know can't be done on iphone.
    Oh and they work great

2- I'm not about to pay apple monthly to store my stuff and if something happens to the payment for any reason or length of time what happens to the data? I don't trust it, I'd rather make backups or use other free options.

3- I haven't had any issue with the USB stick as long as they are not NTSF format and that not generally for mobile phones so.

4- banking app yes I am lucky. The only thing I believe you can't do on the website is take a picture of a check but I bet that is soon coming. If there is a problem with the stock browser there is always Yubrowser APK. Works great

5- thy

6- weak argument on launching app crash. All the apps I have run smooth. If you have an APK that crashes you can try different versions, often helps

7- not sure what shortcomings or the year have to do with it but I guess if you like jumping between apps constantly to catch up on what you need to do that's fine. I won't judge.

8- thy

9- see point #4 . One thing I like about Facebook in browser on BB10 is that it doesn't suck up all the resources by tracking you and your phones stats. I can even answer messenger from that browser can you?

10- I think we both could go on forever if we wanted to but as I offered before we could leave it at a draw. There are benefits to both like paying $150-$250 CND for a Passport or pay $1000+ for an iPhone. I think it's really, (A) preference and (B) what your willing to spend.

Game over?

Posted via CB10
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    10-20-17 08:24 AM
    Unless BlackBerry patches the KRACK vulnerability, my answer is now a resounding NO. I use WiFi 80% of the time these days. Not being able to secure it is a bigger inconvenience than the short Z10 battery life!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    10-20-17 08:48 AM
    fact is it is 4 year old device
    Make that 3 years---yeah, I know you will say "but the soc was released nearly 4 years ago". Fact is, the SE is NOT yet 3 years old (released August 2015, I believe).
    10-20-17 08:59 AM
    Make that 3 years---yeah, I know you will say "but the soc was released nearly 4 years ago". Fact is, the SE is NOT yet 3 years old (released August 2015, I believe).
    Come on same TEC as original Passport...why defend something outraged... I loved my SE...but have move on..nothing wrong with that.
    10-20-17 09:10 AM
2,427 ... 9394959697 ...