04-01-18 09:48 PM
2,427 ... 7475767778 ...
tools
    I thought so until I saw some video taken with a new Moto Z. My passport can't even take a decent still shot. Video is jumpy and blurry. It's been like that since new. I've tried all the setting. Camera is complete garbage. This is the end of the line for it now for me.

Posted via CB10
    I hear Ya. Undoubtedly no BlackBerry can be a media master like most Android or iOS flagship. It's not the reason you get a BlackBerry. But if it's an integral part for the needs of your user experience then we need to look elsewhere. This is the case for most. I use BlackBerry as mostly backup and temporary.
    11-06-16 09:09 AM
    No I wouldn't buy it again. I love the wide screen format, weight and feel, but BB store won't give me apps I could get and became familiar with on my Q10 (go figure) and browser incompatibility with more and more sites is driving me nuts.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 09:10 AM
    I just bought one. Now typing on my lovely red passport. In months to come I should be getting SE as well.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-16 10:36 AM
    I just bought one. Now typing on my lovely red passport. In months to come I should be getting SE as well.

Posted via CB10
    Red...new? Where can I get one from?
    11-06-16 04:00 PM
    only if chen leaves office

Posted via CB10
    11-07-16 02:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    how do you deal with the app gap? Even with snap I find Android apps aren't working that great.
    11-08-16 08:53 AM
    how do you deal with the app gap? Even with snap I find Android apps aren't working that great.
    Depend what apps you need. For me I only use Skype and maybe whatsapp. They are ok for me. I turned of background process for these apps and they work more stable as I think it does not check google services all the time.

The whole BB10 weigh more than these app as I can find alternatives.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-16 09:03 AM
    Depend what apps you need. For me I only use Skype and maybe whatsapp. They are ok for me. I turned of background process for these apps and they work more stable as I think it does not check google services all the time.

The whole BB10 weigh more than these app as I can find alternatives.

Posted via CB10
    +1

In my case I am heavy user of BBM, email, Calendar, Remember, and BlackBerry Browser. I also travel a lot and use BlackBerry Maps a number of times each month. I use bPod, FeedMinder, and Evernote every day. I have other apps from BlackBerry World and Amazon that I use, but not frequently.

I personally don't understand the dependence on apps. Yes, apps have their place where an app is the ideal tool, but to me an app isn't automatically the preferred tool regardless of the task. And for what I do, BB10 out of the box is the 90% solution, and the other 10 is still easy to obtain.
    ratfinkstooley and bigjman like this.
    11-08-16 09:29 AM
    Two of three of my Passports silver edition.
    Would you still buy a Passport today?-img_20161107_200253_hdr.jpg
    Would you still buy a Passport today?-img_20161107_200218_hdr.jpg

Posted via CB10
    moyah8 and Adam Kowalczyk1 like this.
    11-08-16 06:12 PM
    I just did yesterday.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-16 07:32 PM
    You can make Android Apps also run on your BB10 and as long we have People like cobalt, who work very hard to make the BB10 Run Android Apps, BB10 will Life and work!

BB10 isn't Dead!

 P A S S P O R T [ S E]  | CB App |
    It depends on your definition of dead system. If I understand correctly, you would say Windows 98 and Sega Mega Drive are pretty much alive.

It's sad to see the fact that BB10 will be dead - or let say not supported - starting next year. I do hope they still keep their last promise with 10.3.3. So unlucky that the people run the BBRY don't understand how to sell their gadgets ( bad pricing, bad marketing)

Posted through my BlackBerry
    11-10-16 09:32 AM
    Yes!!, PP + BB10 enough for me, just for works, and I will have more time for real life's.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-16 04:32 AM
    Well if I do well in my exams I will ask my dad to get me either the black passport or the red passport...

Not white or silver edition... they look girly

Posted via CB10
    11-11-16 04:41 AM
    No not at this point since development for bb10 seems to have ceased. However I don't regret having bought this phone at all.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-16 08:54 AM
    Supposing you just lost your main phone and you have the funds to buy any phone, is the Passport still your top choice?

The answer is quite simple for me: a definite YES!!

Please chime in...

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    No. Already moved on to DTEK50. Passport retired on the shelf with the Z30 and Z10. I'd fire up that Z30, though. I'd use any number of old devices, but would by a dead OS on a new device.
    11-11-16 10:21 AM
    Having first been a proud Storm2 owner then z10 owner, I would have liked to have stayed with Blackberry, especially if there was a pocket sized phone rather than a massive phablet type job. The only thing that concerns me about the dtek50 is the mention of battery life issues- is this really an issue?
    11-11-16 02:57 PM
    I have been using FB on the browser and have been enjoying the experience more than the struggles I faced with the apps. I still figure I will get through 2017 with my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-16 07:30 AM
    Just got my ppse on att loving it

Posted via CB10
    11-12-16 11:40 AM
    I just did a few days ago, my second try, after returning one before for overheating and keyboard lights. I had originally given up on it but and didn't get another, but with the new price, I gave it another shot. I had a Q10 for years, which I was quite smitten with. Replaced that with a Nexus 6, but never felt as right as having the Q10, because of the OS and pkb. There is something awesome about bbos 10. The developers did a bang up job on its usability. Android seems very entertainment driven. I typed this on the new pp se. The keyboard takes some getting used to coming from a four row Q10.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-16 06:40 PM
    I just did a few days ago, my second try, after returning one before for overheating and keyboard lights. I had originally given up on it but and didn't get another, but with the new price, I gave it another shot. I had a Q10 for years, which I was quite smitten with. Replaced that with a Nexus 6, but never felt as right as having the Q10, because of the OS and pkb. There is something awesome about bbos 10. The developers did a bang up job on its usability. Android seems very entertainment driven. I typed this on the new pp se. The keyboard takes some getting used to coming from a four row Q10.

Posted via CB10
    The physical keyboard takes a long time to get used to but once you get the hang of it then it will be second nature. Use the flick ups, too. But be patient because it took me 3-6 months but was worth it.

Posted via CB10
    planetbollox, moyah8 and andy957 like this.
    11-13-16 01:05 AM
    The physical keyboard takes a long time to get used to but once you get the hang of it then it will be second nature. Use the flick ups, too. But be patient because it took me 3-6 months but was worth it.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, the keyboard on the Passport does require some getting used to (coming from a Classic). Keys are wide...and thumb travel is a bit longer...but I seem to be getting there.
    11-13-16 05:05 PM
    Sure, especially with the price drop.
    11-14-16 04:56 AM
    For sure..just received today a Passport!

It's just such a great device!

Posted via PRIV and or Passport SE
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    11-14-16 06:48 AM
    I just bought a passport yesterday to go along with my Priv. So far I'm loving it.

Sent from my not quite obsolete yet BlackBerry 10 Passport almost running 10.3.3.
    11-14-16 08:33 AM
    After reading ALL of the issues with Priv, DTEK 50-60, I'm so glad still using Passport. If and when BlackBerry markets a phone with same quality/reliability, I will consider switching. Regardless of OS.

Yep. A PassPort.
    11-14-16 09:38 AM
2,427 ... 7475767778 ...