I've just ordered my first one today, it arrives tomorrow.
    09-03-16 12:15 PM
    Just solded my OG Passport today...

But bought a new SE.
    09-03-16 12:35 PM
    Not at all, Passport is better than iPhone for music : microSD slot, bluetooth aptx, Neutron music player, and a great DAC. And you can add music easily on Passport with blend or copy paste, without resorting to iTunes.

Posted via CB10
    This is true save for the fact that you can't easily CAST music STREAMING on a BlackBerry, nor can you on an Droid. Apple has Airplay built in to the architecture of the OS, so you can Steam ANYTHING to an Airplay Receiver. DLNA Casting is not so easy, and you can't DLNA cast Spotify or Slacker, or TuneIn Radio without some work-arounds that don't always work around well. Apple makes it easy.

Otherwise, yes, the Passport is one heck of a music server. And I love the fact that it's Apt-X Bluetooth as well. I'm guessing iPhone 7 will FINALLY go Apt-X Bluetooth, but perhaps not. They put so much of their music deliver on Airplay, they may avoid Apt-X altogether throughout the life of the brand. And iPhone does not do native FLAC, so that's a deal-breaker for me. It's one of the reasons I'm holding on to my BlackBerry Passport for another year.
    09-03-16 02:38 PM
    After all this time? YES! I actually gave iPhone a good go for about a month. I just couldn't wrap my head around all the apps. Never used them and the Passport is the best BlackBerry device I have owned to date. I plan on purchasing at least two more when afforded to me.
    I use an older iPhone 4s as a music STREAMING server device because of Airplay. I stream many Live Stations via TuneIn or Slacker, and that's not easy with a Berry. But iPhone, to me, puts you in a closed box. It in some ways dumbs-down the user interface to what Apple wants you to have... period. Very little customization and it's Apple's way or the highway. You can't hide icons off screen (yes, you can put them in folders, but you can't totally HIDE them like you can on Droid), and you can't customize home screens with widgets galore. But you get a rock solid OS that millions like.

It's now a shooting match between Droid and Apple and I want Apple to do very well because as much as I like Droid, we don't want a world that is totally Google-Based. Competition is key. So I hope Apple continues to flourish and keep Droid sharp. That's the ticket to great phone technology bursts in the future. Competition keeps you sharp, IMO. As a business owner, I know this first hand.

I'm sad to see BB10 walk the long plank, but everything changes. I'll be enjoying my Passport for another year. Then it's off to a DroidBerry. Probably. We'll see what's available next Fall.
    09-03-16 02:51 PM
    This is true save for the fact that you can't easily CAST music STREAMING on a BlackBerry, nor can you on an Droid. Apple has Airplay built in to the architecture of the OS, so you can Steam ANYTHING to an Airplay Receiver. DLNA Casting is not so easy, and you can't DLNA cast Spotify or Slacker, or TuneIn Radio without some work-arounds that don't always work around well. Apple makes it easy.

Otherwise, yes, the Passport is one heck of a music server. And I love the fact that it's Apt-X Bluetooth as well. I'm guessing iPhone 7 will FINALLY go Apt-X Bluetooth, but perhaps not. They put so much of their music deliver on Airplay, they may avoid Apt-X altogether throughout the life of the brand. And iPhone does not do native FLAC, so that's a deal-breaker for me. It's one of the reasons I'm holding on to my BlackBerry Passport for another year.
    If it is just audio streaming, bluetooth aptx works great too for that. I have a bluetooth aptx receiver connected via jack on the Hi-fi and I can stream local musics, YouTube, Nobex (native BB10 alternative to TuneIn) flawlessly.

Posted via CB10
    BBerryPowerUser likes this.
    09-03-16 07:32 PM
    Hey, Mr. Chen...and all the other deep thinkers at BlackBerry. I just got a used OG a few days ago. Had been using wife's iPhoney and my old Z30. The PP wide screen and clarity are a joy. Form factor just right and easy to pocket. What a keyboard! Logical navigation and operating system. Solid all around. BlackBerry is getting a bum rap from the many reviewers who are caught up over apps and the bells and whistles of other makers.

BlackBerry should not let BlackBerry 10 peter out. There are millions of users out there, most of whom would buy newer devices centered on updated BlackBerry 10. There is loyalty out there for BlackBerry to exploit.

Damn it, Mr. Chen, start by fixing the screw ups related to Android apps. You run a tech company, after all!

Posted via CB10
    They are not deep thinkers. Or even thinkers. They can't look at this any other way than "apps" because that is the conventional view and that is what everyone is screaming.

When he can't sell Android phones it will have to be something else.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 08:03 PM
    Bought me a shiny SE just last week. Absolutely LOVE it! Actually picked up my V10 today, for the 1st time since the acquisition.

Blackberry till the wheels fall completely off.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-03-16 08:30 PM
    If it is just audio streaming, bluetooth aptx works great too for that. I have a bluetooth aptx receiver connected via jack on the Hi-fi and I can stream local musics, YouTube, Nobex (native BB10 alternative to TuneIn) flawlessly.

Posted via CB10
    Apt-X has some advantages over Airplay/DLNA, but it also has some negatives. I agree that most ears, and I consider myself an Audiophile with many vintage amplifiers around my house including McIntosh, can't tell the difference between Apt-X Bluetooth streaming and Airplay/DLNA Wifi Streaming. I can't and I've critically listened to both extensively side by side.

Apt-X being Bluetooth is great for quick streaming hookups peer to peer. You connect with an Apt-X Bluetooth Receiver and away you go. Range is about 20-30 feet depending on structure and surroundings. Airplay/DLNA is WiFi based and range is about 100 feet depending on antennas and WiFi Network band spectrum. Bluetooth streaming means that your audio out including phone calls are routed to the Bluetooth receiver. This can be an issue if you are streaming and you get a business call. You have to turn off Bluetooth to answer with the handset. Airplay/DLNA only routes Media out to the stream. Telephony is still directed to the handset.
    Another factor to consider, you need a WiFi network for DLNA/Airplay to work, but you only need a Bluetooth Receiver for Apt-X to work.

Upsides and downsides, so I have both. I have about 8 vintage Receivers and Amplifiers around my home, and I have either an Airplay/DLNA receiver or a Bluetooth Apt-X receiver on them. If I am streaming with my iPhone, I use Airplay of course. Sometimes I use DLNA streaming from my Passport if I am only playing music directly from SD card or memory. For streaming from the passport from sources like TuneIn or Slacker, I defer to Apt-X because you can't stream these DLNA out of a BlackBerry.

Both have their place, and I use both depending on the application and streaming device.
    09-04-16 10:52 PM
    Yes. Absolutely. Praying my Passport lasts as long as my Curve did. 4+ years
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    09-04-16 11:14 PM
    Yes. Absolutely. Praying my Passport lasts as long as my Curve did. 4+ years
    Used to use bb back in 07 iPhone 6s right now
    Going to the shop to buy my
    Passport silver today!!!
    ratfinkstooley and moody like this.
    09-05-16 11:47 AM
    How about a new passport 2.0 running OS11 and utilizing NRAM technology? I'd like one of those for Christmas in 2018 make it so, blackberry!

New owner of Passport
    BerrySoul likes this.
    09-05-16 01:07 PM
    Nope. It's both a dead hardware and a dead software. It functions well, but its functionality is way too limited; plus, the phone is just plain ol' awkward.

And yes, I actually owned a Passport and used it as my main phone. I wouldn't consider buying one at this point.
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    09-05-16 03:38 PM
    I am thinking of buying my third one soon... for the future and backup... BB10 for me until I die:-)

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    09-05-16 06:26 PM
    Got a Passport in July this year. The best device I have.. I'm a developer and have iPhones and the Nexus 5x. It's a computer... the only thing stopping me from %100 use is the fact Good isn't working on BlackBerry10 yet.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley and moody like this.
    09-05-16 07:11 PM
    I would get a new Passport anytime! Best mobile I've ever gotten

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport 
    moody and ratfinkstooley like this.
    09-05-16 09:36 PM
    I have moved from android to passport. After reading reviews, as silver edition isn't available in India I have bought a black passport. Really a great phone even now. Definitely worth every penny..I have been promoting passport among my colleagues..

Posted via CB10
    What is it that you like about BlackBerry 10 more than Android Phone?

Posted via CB10 with my White Z10
    09-06-16 03:34 AM
    Yes, if it would receive a price drop

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-06-16 03:37 AM
    I bought one on Saturday and it arrived on Sunday, so the answer is yes for me. Even after a couple of days with it I'm realising I should've bought it 2 years ago. Great phone.

Posted via CB10
    moody and ratfinkstooley like this.
    09-06-16 04:38 AM
    Used to use bb back in 07 iPhone 6s right now
    Going to the shop to buy my
    Passport silver today!!!
    Did you get it? Is this your first bb10 device?
    09-06-16 07:13 AM
    Nope. It's both a dead hardware and a dead software. It functions well, but its functionality is way too limited; plus, the phone is just plain ol' awkward.

And yes, I actually owned a Passport and used it as my main phone. I wouldn't consider buying one at this point.
    What do you consider limited? I use both passport & Priv daily. I find both Ave their limitations.
    09-06-16 07:15 AM
    I've come from an iphone 6s Plus to the PP I have now.
    moody likes this.
    09-06-16 09:30 AM
    Apt-X has some advantages over Airplay/DLNA, but it also has some negatives. I agree that most ears, and I consider myself an Audiophile with many vintage amplifiers around my house including McIntosh, can't tell the difference between Apt-X Bluetooth streaming and Airplay/DLNA Wifi Streaming. I can't and I've critically listened to both extensively side by side.

Apt-X being Bluetooth is great for quick streaming hookups peer to peer. You connect with an Apt-X Bluetooth Receiver and away you go. Range is about 20-30 feet depending on structure and surroundings. Airplay/DLNA is WiFi based and range is about 100 feet depending on antennas and WiFi Network band spectrum. Bluetooth streaming means that your audio out including phone calls are routed to the Bluetooth receiver. This can be an issue if you are streaming and you get a business call. You have to turn off Bluetooth to answer with the handset. Airplay/DLNA only routes Media out to the stream. Telephony is still directed to the handset.
    Another factor to consider, you need a WiFi network for DLNA/Airplay to work, but you only need a Bluetooth Receiver for Apt-X to work.

Upsides and downsides, so I have both. I have about 8 vintage Receivers and Amplifiers around my home, and I have either an Airplay/DLNA receiver or a Bluetooth Apt-X receiver on them. If I am streaming with my iPhone, I use Airplay of course. Sometimes I use DLNA streaming from my Passport if I am only playing music directly from SD card or memory. For streaming from the passport from sources like TuneIn or Slacker, I defer to Apt-X because you can't stream these DLNA out of a BlackBerry.

Both have their place, and I use both depending on the application and streaming device.
    Thank you for this detailled answer. Main advantage of the Airplay seems to be the range.

About the bluetooth aptx, when I am streaming music to the Hi-fi with the Passport, and need to make a call, music automatically stops playing and the audio from call is not streamed, without the need to turn of the bluetooth.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-16 12:16 PM
    What do you consider limited? I use both passport & Priv daily. I find both Ave their limitations.
    First and foremost, take a look at the Passport's app store; you know, the one that's emptier than an Ethiopian grocery store. Furthermore, the apps themselves are underdeveloped and outdated (e.g. Facebook).
    09-06-16 06:51 PM
    First and foremost, take a look at the Passport's app store; you know, the one that's emptier than an Ethiopian grocery store. Furthermore, the apps themselves are underdeveloped and outdated (e.g. Facebook).
    I have Cobalts Google Play app on my Passport so all the apps I could ever want.

I have always used home screen shortcut for Facebook. I don't like all those contacts populating when selecting one from the text or phone app.

�\_(ツ)_/�
    09-07-16 10:21 PM
    Yes, because it won't get any update after 10.3.3
    09-08-16 12:29 AM
2,427 ... 6061626364 ...