Yes of course. This phone is unlike any other.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    07-03-16 10:27 PM
    Please, I hope to get a passport from shop BlackBerry between now and the 12th of July.
    1. What are the probabilities that I might get a defective one? I stay in Nigeria, and may not be able to return it if there is any defect?

2. Do I get the original PP or the SE?, I mean, is the price difference justified?

3. I presently use a Z30 and like the big screen, as well as the typing experience. Will I be missing out on screen estate and typing experience going with the passport?

I have not played with one before.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 05:53 AM
    If I can get whatsapp then yes. But strongly considering the silver edition or white one...

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 06:59 AM
    It's not the Passport that's the problem, it's BlackBerry. The mobile world is leaving BlackBerry behind and so will I at my next upgrade. Cheers BlackBerry, it's been fun.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 08:46 AM
    Yup

TMO  PP SE,SQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    bigjman likes this.
    07-04-16 09:17 AM
    For sure. Just got my second after using the first for 2 years. Nothing like it. Doubt there ever will be such a productive device in the coming years, unless they make the passport 2 and improve android blackberry experience by making a more seamless integration of the hub and bringing in gestures.

I don't like home buttons so that leaves me with little options. I find the home button so redundant in 2016.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 01:52 PM
    I am thinking of buying a passport soon. Or should I say my gf wants to get me one for my birthday. I can't really wait to get it. I am currently using my z10 that I have had for about 3 years. Had a stint with an LG g4 but that recently broke with a boot loop. But didn't really like the android os bb10 is the best os I have ever used.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 04:32 PM
    I am thinking of buying a passport soon. Or should I say my gf wants to get me one for my birthday. I can't really wait to get it. I am currently using my z10 that I have had for about 3 years. Had a stint with an LG g4 but that recently broke with a boot loop. But didn't really like the android os bb10 is the best os I have ever used.

Posted via CB10
    Go for the silver, who knows look for a pop up store, they're cheaper now

No Shade Just Light!!! Silver Passport 10.3.2.2639
    07-04-16 04:38 PM
    Go for the silver, who knows look for a pop up store, they're cheaper now

No Shade Just Light!!! Silver Passport 10.3.2.2639
    I don't think blackberry put pop up stores in the UK. I will keep an eye out just incase

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 04:57 PM
    I think I might actually opt for a possible Passport Android version.. given how BB10 is not exactly staying relevant to say the least. Unfortunately. :/
    Barbareren and RobertP1 like this.
    07-06-16 05:08 PM
    07-06-16 05:45 PM
    As long as web or android alternatives to apps are available and BBOS10 security updates are not skipped, why not? I like Hub+Calendar and the insane battery life. Got used to the wide screen and easy to use keyboard as well.
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    07-07-16 12:35 AM
    I would like if Passport get alternative update to Android. It would be easy now they have already have it cooked on Priv + this new model with keyboard thats coming out i think Mercry is code name.
    07-07-16 02:25 AM
    Ya

TMO  PP SE,SQW100-4/10.3.2.2876
    07-07-16 10:09 AM
    Yes, of course!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-16 11:55 AM
    My only concern is that there shall come a day when this beast becomes unusable...

PP SE - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    07-07-16 02:01 PM
    I normally think of buying a handset every couple of years. I got bored of them so easily and a nice new handset always seemed like a good idea.

Since getting the Passport there isn't a single day that goes by where I wish I had something else. It is the ultimate portable handheld computer, with a phone facility. What more do I need? What more do you need too?
    ratfinkstooley and bigjman like this.
    07-08-16 01:27 PM
    Facebook don't work, no native Instagram client, WhatsApp will end support at the end of the year, Twitter - forget about it etc. etc. If you are dependent on these apps, I would simply stay away from the Passport. Sorry. Btw, I'm sadder than you. I've had my Passport for 1 year and 9 months now, but the sad *fact* is that BlackBerry has stopped supporting their own OS.

Passport SQW100-1 OS 10.3.2.2876
    What are you saying ?
    There is two native Instagram clients, Inst10 and Igrann, a native Twitter app, Face10 for Facebook...
    Sometimes the gloomy here is tiring.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    07-09-16 09:09 AM
    What are you saying ?
    There is two native Instagram clients, Inst10 and Igrann, a native Twitter app, Face10 for Facebook...

Posted via CB10
    What about Whatsapp?

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 11:14 AM
    I want to order one tomorrow. Coming from a Z30, what will I loss? Will the screen estate still be OK? What about the typing experience?

Posted via CB10
    07-09-16 02:20 PM
    What about Whatsapp?

Posted via CB10
    WhatsApp BB10 app still works fine till end of the year, and then we can replace it with the Android one and Cellninja fix for sending media files.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-16 05:26 AM
    WOW.. I just asked the question if I should buy a Passport now, I guess I missed this thread..
    07-10-16 06:07 AM
    I want to order one tomorrow. Coming from a Z30, what will I loss? Will the screen estate still be OK? What about the typing experience?

Posted via CB10
    Do it if the size of the unit don't scare you!

The best screen real estate for me, and I'm using a PP for more than 1,5 year.

I can even get you that plenty of us get spoiled and find other screens far too small!! ;p

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 08:24 AM
    Do it if the size of the unit don't scare you!

The best screen real estate for me, and I'm using a PP for more than 1,5 year.

I can even get you that plenty of us get spoiled and find other screens far too small!! ;p

Posted via CB10
    Oh! Great. I didn't want to go back to a something that might be smaller than a z30. That means I'm good to go.
    Thanks for the response. I love black Berry.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-16 09:52 AM
    WhatsApp BB10 app still works fine till end of the year, and then we can replace it with the Android one and Cellninja fix for sending media files.
    That is not an acceptable workaround. Especially if you use WhatsApp for business, you need a reliable app, not some dodgy Android hack.

What are you saying ?
    Those are mainly just poor workarounds, whereas on iOS and Android you get the official, proper apps. Android apps work poorly enough on BB10 as it is, and it's only going to get worse as the Android Runtime won't get an update, because BlackBerry has abandoned BB10 except for a couple of security updates in the near future. Accepting reality and being gloomy are two different things. BB10 is dying whether you want to accept that or not. I wouldn't advice anyone to get a Passport or any other BB10 device today because of the ever growing app gap. The 'workarounds' (and, btw, there aren't workarounds for all the apps) will only get increasingly more time-consuming and annoying. Sadly, it has come to this. An important app can now decide which device one should buy... There simply isn't always a web alternative or even some hacked Android version one can use. Reality my friend.

Personally, as I prefer pkb phones, I'll have a go at the upcoming Android powered Rome/Mercury (codenames), but I suspect that will be BlackBerry's last keyboard phone. I'll miss BB10, but life goes on

Passport SQW100-1 OS 10.3.2.2876
    RobertP1 and chain13 like this.
    07-11-16 10:57 AM
2,427 ... 5455565758 ...