Nice

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 03:09 PM
    Yes, I am still willing to buy a passport. Because BlackBerry 10 system is still efficient and reliable and safe, even though it is lack of apps. So, if BlackBerry continue to update BlackBerry 10 OS, passport is still a good choice for productivity. But if the OS is not supported by the BlackBerry in the future, I will not buy it, because it not safe anymore.
    That doesn't mean I never give an opportunity to priv. I still want to try it and see how BlackBerry make it safe and productive.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-19-16 03:56 PM
    I would like to buy a Passport SE, but I'm on Verizon. I read and was told different things about it not working on the network. I read that it wouldn't but I was told that if I purchase it unlocked, it wouldn't matter... anyone know?

Posted via CB10
    I didn't think that Verizon dealt with sim cards. I could be wrong though.

Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    03-19-16 04:21 PM
    My initial thought is a resounding YES, as with most things there's factors to consider.
    In the UK, you easily obtain the black Passport for �160 used and about �200 new if you look hard enough. At this price point it's an absolute steal!
    Remember, this phone is an unusual form factor nothing like any phone before it and will take at least several weeks to adjust, just persevere if you can; it's strictly a 2-handed phone, so keep this in mind.
    I'd steer clear of the Passport Silver Edition, it's huge in every way. It handles and feels nothing like the black passport, that little extra width and bottom edge nudged out is makes a !!massive!! negative impact on the phones handling it feels huge and cumbersome to hold, if your heart is set on it, try before you buy otherwise you will regret it.

Moreover, the Silver Edition is significantly more expensive @ circa �270-�300. The only thing going for it is the keyboard, softer touch to the hard pressing on the black piano keys of the original Passport.
    Furthermore, the original looks far more elegant and professional-esque. Buying a passport? Buy Black and you'll never go back.

Software wise, if your using this phone for mostly productivity, reading articles on the Web and for ebooks/PDFs then it's a no brainer - it's simply is superb. If you're looking for an all round device the passport isn't it, the aspect ratio of the screen isn't ideal for media consumption and most games. Therefore, if looking for a device for media consumption/games and mainstream apps this device isn't for you. Especially in light of recent news with both WhatsApp and Facebook dropping support for BlackBerry Devices.

Amazon store goes some way to reduce the app deficit of Blackberry World and there's also SNAP that provides access to all or if not most of Google Playstore, however in my experience apps from snap have always played havoc with my device causing high resource usage, having a direct impact on battery life as a consequence.

With all things considered and if Blackberry's commitment to BB10 is to be believed, go ahead and buy the Black Passport @ this price point nothing comes close in terms of hardware and software with a physical keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9155131) and so crow like this.
    03-19-16 04:39 PM
    This @TheServant has some interesting points but you know he is clued out that the handling and overall feel of Passport SE is to regret. The only we can regret is a comment like that considering the massive positive feedback with regards to PASSPORT SE. Time for tea time Servant!

Posted via Passport SE Maximus Productivity
    DudeManBud Man likes this.
    03-19-16 06:03 PM
    Absolutely. Especially if bronze or gold versions. And any colour if a swappable battery was a feature.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-16 06:12 PM
    This @TheServant has some interesting points but you know he is clued out that the handling and overall feel of Passport SE is to regret. The only we can regret is a comment like that considering the massive positive feedback with regards to PASSPORT SE. Time for tea time Servant!

Good point. I like the black Passport and I wasn't sure if I should order the SE because I never seen it in reality. I ordered the SE from a store where I can return it if I don't like it, but for my surprise it feels better than the OG, it looks better than the OG and it has more style. Don't get me wrong, I was sold on the OG, but than the SE came out...

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 04:27 AM
    Absolutely. I have had the OG, bought and sold twice. I had the SE and sold that too. Went to the LG G4, S5, the Classic and now I am on a White Passport. It just cannot be beat. I am at home with the Passport for good now.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 05:51 AM
    Yes I have two Passports. Black and the Silver Edition. Passport is a legendary device. If need arises I will buy one more to keep in my stock.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    03-20-16 06:46 AM
    Under the present circumstances, I wouldn't endorsed it at all, I personally don't see blackberry supporting this device beyond 2016
    Facebook and WhatsApp have called it a day so will I.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 06:46 AM
    I'd get either the SE or a Classic.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 08:29 AM

This is what I find most strange, it was the feedback that convinced me to buy the silver edition and boyy what tha hell are people talking about - this phone is HUGE, looks HUGE (the silver colour accentuates it's size) and its darn heavy - too heavy. I think a section of those positive feedbacks is people justifying their purchase. I on the other hand I'm giving my honest opinion - bear in mind I'm coming from the original Passport to the SE and can make a direct comparison. It could be again a number of those feedbacks is coming from folk that bought the SE as their first passport.

As with most things in life, it's subjective, perception and preference. As for me, going from the original to the SE was a negative experience, as OP asked the question I gave my 2 cents worth.

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 09:37 AM
    Purchased black passport on first release date. Used it for a year. Purchased passport SE. Using it for few months. Best phone ever created. Period. So is bb10. Use it at least 6 hours a day.

Posted Via blackberry passport.
    03-20-16 10:23 AM
    Just bought one yesterday( Original Passport) after a week of looking for one. Had one last year and sold it but kicked myself ever since. It is the best phone I've had

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 10:48 AM
    Yes!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 02:54 PM
    This is what I find most strange, it was the feedback that convinced me to buy the silver edition and boyy what tha hell are people talking about - this phone is HUGE, looks HUGE (the silver colour accentuates it's size) and its darn heavy - too heavy. I think a section of those positive feedbacks is people justifying their purchase. I on the other hand I'm giving my honest opinion - bear in mind I'm coming from the original Passport to the SE and can make a direct comparison. It could be again a number of those feedbacks is coming from folk that bought the SE as their first passport.

As with most things in life, it's subjective, perception and preference. As for me, going from the original to the SE was a negative experience, as OP asked the question I gave my 2 cents worth.

Posted via CB10
    I understand what you are saying about the colour. I've seen the OG in two stores and I tested them. When my SE arrived my first tought was that is bigger than the OG. I realized it is the colour. And it's heavier. But now I am used with the size and spears to me being the perfect shape and when I play on my Z10 it very narrow. SE just looks bigger but is not, except the hight .
    They are both elegant, beautiful and classy. I like the line from the back of the OG, but I prefer the camera design from the OG, I like soft material on the back of the OG but I don't like the fingerprints and I like the grip on the SE. I like the look of the sharp edges of the OG but I like the feel of the SE.
    Now I hope I'll find an OG on a good price so I can have both )):

Posted via CB10
    tado261 likes this.
    03-20-16 03:56 PM
    I would like to buy a Passport SE, but I'm on Verizon. I read and was told different things about it not working on the network. I read that it wouldn't but I was told that if I purchase it unlocked, it wouldn't matter... anyone know?

Posted via CB10
    I would love to know the answer to that as well

Posted via CB10
    tmurphx5 likes this.
    03-20-16 05:06 PM
    Absolutely!

Posted via CB10
    03-20-16 06:29 PM
    I would love to know the answer to that as well

Posted via CB10
    No, unfortunately it won't work on Verizon, I looked into it, even purchased an unlocked OG Passport and got it connected to ATT. My Q10 and family Z30's (3) are all on Verizon. My Passport is my main phone, may replace the Q10 with a Priv now that Verizon support it, but passport will be my main driver.

Passport running on 10.3.2. 2876
    03-20-16 08:06 PM
    Yep

TMO  Z10,STL100-3/10.3.2.2789
    03-21-16 03:01 AM
    On March 21, 2016, yes!

 CA Governor 
    03-21-16 08:28 PM
    I just bought a new passport SE, will get it delivered tomorrow, right now am using Q10. More than 4 yrs I used android starting from xperia x10 mini to nexus 5 all rooted and unlocked bootloaders , also used iphone 4s and 6 for few times , I can proudly say BlackBerry os is the best of all followed by rooted android with custom roms.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 04:31 AM
    If you are going to read all respondents here, Chen is on the right track... majority of them are still going to buy Passport in spite of discontinued support from other popular apps and BlackBerry's slowness in fixing bugs and updating the BB10 OS...

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 04:45 AM
    Yes and I just did.
    I bought my first white Passport in November 2014. This morning I threw it on the ground during an argument destroying it. After considering my options and the fact that I have a few accessories for it, I just ordered a new white one. At least now I have a few replacement parts. It is impossible to find the plastic pieces in white.
    Did you get it already? If yes, what about the keyboard feeling? My white Passport keyboard feeling is really much harder then my previous Passports, a black one and a Silver Edition.....

Posted via CB10
    03-22-16 05:18 AM
    Without any second thoughts, most certainly I would!