I have

Posted via CB10
    03-16-17 06:09 PM
    I was just playing with reader mode on my passport. Never used it before! Goodbye, intrusive ads. Inverting the colors for dark mode is even cooler on it! Plus, the browser can read out the article for me, too! Wow!!

Okay, I realize this feature must be available on other phones too, but this is my first experience with it, and I rather liked it. Yet another feature I never knew about on my passport and yet another reason to love it.

The Guide is definitive. Reality is frequently inaccurate.
    The Reader mode on BB10 is THE BEST. Use it all the time. No other OS has a reader mode that works quite as well.

Also, a bonus. Have you pushed the icon on the right in reader mode yet? The one that looks like a page with a triangle in it. It will read the story to you. Try it

Posted via CB10
    bigjman and andy957 like this.
    05-23-17 02:31 AM

My primary use of a smartphone is calls, emails, text, and pictures (I've read mixed reviews on the PP's picture taking)..
    I'm like you. I primarily use my phone as a phone and for some internet searches.
    But I do have an iPhone 5s that I use for taking credit card charges as well as some tool apps and Shazam (which used to be made of OS10)
    On that phone
    I also have banking apps that use the fingerprint sensor, which is super convenient.
    The reality is that homes, automobiles and businesses are becoming more and more interconnected.
    I have customers who monitor their property security cameras, adjust their environmental controls, etc. via their phone.
    Unfortunately OS10 doesn't interface with many things that are commonly used now.
    The fact that OS10 is becoming functionally obsolete and that's why I won't buy a passport, even though I'd like to own one.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-17 06:41 PM
    Yes. Absolutely. Call quality and pkb make it a worthy purchase!

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    05-24-17 07:05 PM
    I still have mine. - And a KeyOne. The Passport is hard to beat for business functionality, maps, Excel, web-browsing. More importantly email writing and managing attachments easily. Also, I can write in any of 3 languages and the PP would correct/suggest automatically without having to switch languages. Android does not do that. Though I'm still learning Android ropes. I have both devices on one data plan. SFSG.
    09-04-17 06:59 PM
    Yes. As a matter of fact I just bought one BNIB.
    09-04-17 07:50 PM
    Sure, why not. Good to have a backup

Posted via CB10
    09-04-17 09:51 PM
    Funny I still remember when I first got my Blackberry Passport. I remember the buzz that was still in the air, the curiousness of the device, the different models or colors being produced (ex:AT&T). BB10 still had gumption and a future making everyone who used it feel Superior in knowing they had the best OS in their hands.
    It's weird how times have changed so quickly and a shame.
    andy957 and Byrese like this.
    09-05-17 05:03 AM
    As a collector's item/hobbyist's device, sure.
    As a daily driver, nope.
    09-05-17 05:19 AM
    As a daily driver, nope.
    Again it depends on the user, their needs and price point.
    It still works for some just fine
    09-05-17 01:38 PM
    Picked up an SE a few weeks ago, and loving the experience all over again.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-17 03:22 PM
    I have had mine for a month and I am very pleased. This is my fifth blackberry and I am coming from an iphone 5s.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-17 04:46 PM
    Now that bbm has made the move that they made, I can't go back to my Passport. Well I could but either at the expense of bbm, or of all my purchased apps over the years. Sad day. Apps aside, as a phone the Passport is as close to perfect as you can get.
    09-06-17 02:24 PM
    Actually considering between a passport or a key one currently have a Q10

Posted via CB10
    09-08-17 02:15 AM
    I have the black and continue to enjoy the challenge of making it work effectively as my daily driver, but I am a bit of a geek.

I tend to use a mix of apps, for example the eBay app from Amazon works better than the one from the PlayStore, or the eBay mobile site in the browser.

I have struggled with getting the Uber app to work, even when patched, but m.uber.com works fine in the browser.

Google maps from the PlayStore works quite well and doesn't need patching. It's a bit slow, but if you are patient the navigation seems to get you where you need without crashing.

Nobex from the Blackberry store is the best Podcast app I've found.

I guess what I am saying is that with a little patience and experimentation, you can usually get good results by trying the PlayStore, Amazon apps, Blackberry apps or the mobile site.

It means that for me at least the passport is still very much a phone with quite some life in yet.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-17 04:48 PM
    As a daily driver, nope.
    I've been using mine as a daily driver for a few days. I have everything I need. It works great.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-17 07:05 PM
    How? With no more Blackberry 10 updates to ever see the light of day, with no apps and huge battery consumption, I think it is fair to say that BB10 is dead. Good because of the swipe and gestures? I was on the same boat of BB10 lovers. I gotta say I was so wrong.
    BB10 is showing its age yes, but it's a darn good mobile OS. My 2cents.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley and andy957 like this.
    09-11-17 03:30 AM
    My passport SE is by far the best phone I ever had, but hell apps are evolving too fast and even for business cannot stay on a static eol OS. My Galaxy Note 8 is on the way. Ty BlackBerry, hope you will release a new PP like flagship soon.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-17 04:09 AM
    I can't take your comment serious. There is no app worth kicking someone off a Passport.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    09-11-17 02:09 PM
    Actually considering between a passport or a key one currently have a Q10

Posted via CB10
    No reason to go to droid yet.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    09-11-17 02:12 PM
    Got a droid yet loving passport and use it as daily device!! Awesome phone and love it everytime I use it.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-17 07:29 AM
    I love to have it.. until now.. even I knew it will be end someday up to call function only and it ends in my drawer

Posted via CB10
    09-13-17 11:28 AM
    Just got an android phone but I keep going back to the passport, I will just use android for apps and passport for everything else. Long live the passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-17 11:38 AM
    BB10 is showing its age yes, but it's a darn good mobile OS. My 2cents.

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree.
    09-13-17 10:13 PM
    This Passport is an excellent device and is the only one that I have ever used where I can literally type without looking at the keys!

Posted via CB10
    09-13-17 11:24 PM
2,427 ... 9192939495 ...