yessss... i got blackberry passport SE

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 04:10 AM
    No, seeing how some passports, including mine, have switched to emergency calls only, and never came back. Also the only fix is to replace the phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 10:18 AM
    The Passport is an amazing piece of hardware, well built, great ergonomics, great screen, innovative keyboard. Yet we have to be completely aware of the elephant in the room: BB10 is (functionally) EOL.

Even so, BB10, because it's built around the Hub, is incredibly efficient for firing off quick - or very lengthy - emails or texts/chats. I'd buy another, and recommend it to anyone who intends to use it to talk, text, chat and email, and web-browse if apps aren't a priority.

FWIW, I just picked up a BB Priv, and it's an utterly different experience than the Passport, in just about every way that matters to me. And by different, I mean inferior ergonomics physically and OS wise (for my use-case).

As an aside, I think the Priv is a great device for an android user to transition to. For a BB10 user, not so much.
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    01-13-17 12:17 PM
    Yup and twice on Sundays. Have all three colors of Passport and a SE as a backup to the SE currently using! Love this phone.

Posted with my beautiful Passport SE
    I have a black and silver passport and considering a white one. Is the white one slippery? I have bought a white q10, z10, and z30, but prefer the black ones because they are less slippery to hold and feel more premium.

How is the white passport in comparison with the black one?

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 12:18 PM
    I have a black and silver passport and considering a white one. Is the white one slippery? I have bought a white q10, z10, and z30, but prefer the black ones because they are less slippery to hold and feel more premium.

How is the white passport in comparison with the black one?

Posted via CB10
    My wife has the white version. It's a little more slippery than my black one. I do prefer the black backing, but the white is still sweet. I would still pick the white over the silver.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 01:34 PM
    I think there's an issue here that's just not being said. Those who "need" all those apps are forgetting that all of these things, regardless of brands or OS are supposed to be a phone first. BlackBerry is a phone first then everything else. iPhones are iPods with phones and other stuff attached and Android is the me too response. So the iOS and Android are, in my opinion, entertainment first and then for work. All you need to do is read anything here or watch people on the street matching three colors or listening to music (usually before running into a wall or other people) to confirm that
    That said, the PP is great for email, txts and calls.
    If you need to type long reports there is this thing called a laptop. Or even a desktop...
    Yes we all want the Star Trek idea/ feeling of one machine to do it all, but we're nowhere near that yet, on ANY device.
    If you could care less about social media, and are just using a phone for work and occasional bs the use a Passport.
    If you are looking for the one machine to do everything, fire up your time machine and see what you find.

Posted via CB10
    +1 thumbs up!

Posted via CB10
    The_Passporter likes this.
    01-13-17 01:48 PM
    My wife has the white version. It's a little more slippery than my black one. I do prefer the black backing, but the white is still sweet. I would still pick the white over the silver.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for your input Mr. Pigeon. White over silver huih? I do admit that I like my silver over the black, but I paid a lot more for the silver one. Too bad the red aren't available anymore, cuz that would be the colour to get.

Via Q5.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 07:15 PM
    The Passport is an amazing piece of hardware, well built, great ergonomics, great screen, innovative keyboard. Yet we have to be completely aware of the elephant in the room: BB10 is (functionally) EOL.

Even so, BB10, because it's built around the Hub, is incredibly efficient for firing off quick - or very lengthy - emails or texts/chats. I'd buy another, and recommend it to anyone who intends to use it to talk, text, chat and email, and web-browse if apps aren't a priority.

FWIW, I just picked up a BB Priv, and it's an utterly different experience than the Passport, in just about every way that matters to me. And by different, I mean inferior ergonomics physically and OS wise (for my use-case).

As an aside, I think the Priv is a great device for an android user to transition to. For a BB10 user, not so much.
    This!!

Posted via CB10
    01-13-17 09:53 PM
    Thank you for your input Mr. Pigeon. White over silver huih? I do admit that I like my silver over the black, but I paid a lot more for the silver one. Too bad the red aren't available anymore, cuz that would be the colour to get.

Via Q5.

Posted via CB10
    I had the Silver and left it for the Black, lol. To each its own. But I agree on the red, that is the one to get! Looks so smooth. Either way, a Passport is a Passport and there is no device like it. #fanboy

Posted via CB10
    rzcl likes this.
    01-13-17 09:55 PM
    I have had the silver and I switched back to the black.

I simply like more the design and the feel of the black passport.

Keyboard on the silver is better but everything else on the black I like more. Especially the classic all black design.

It simply is more elegant

Posted via CB10
    rzcl and ratfinkstooley like this.
    01-14-17 01:23 AM
    Did the same thing. I agree about the keyboard but like the black version's design better.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-17 01:29 AM
    Having had a Passport for a year, the answer is no. Not in 2017.
    01-14-17 02:13 AM
    The why is there still app development going on for bb10, BlackBerry selling devices in their store and blog page in crackbery promoting bb10 device/app. This is so misleading and buyers who are not aware spend their hard earned money on a dead unsupported platform.
    01-14-17 02:37 AM
    I own a passport silver. I want another one, just to be on the safe side, but I am a little short of money. The answer is definitely yes. I will buy it as soon as I will get better financially.
    01-14-17 05:05 AM
    Hi, I've just bought passport yesterday and I am really comfortable with the physical keyboard. I was using iPhone for a very long time anyway

Posted via CB10
    01-14-17 09:12 PM
    Hi, I've just bought passport yesterday and I am really comfortable with the physical keyboard. I was using iPhone for a very long time anyway

Posted via CB10
    I think it's the keyboard that keep my love going for this phone. I can type accurately and quickly with so many other features it's crazy.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-17 09:42 PM
    I think it's the keyboard that keep my love going for this phone. I can type accurately and quickly with so many other features it's crazy.

Posted via CB10
    That's the Passport's niche for sure. The wide screen is also noticeable in use. You can't beat its ergonomics.
    01-15-17 10:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    IPhone to Passport? That's not a defection you hear about often. Welcome aboard (or back if you've already been a blackberry user).
    01-15-17 11:00 AM
    Have a RED and SILVER Passport..besides a PRIV. Just can't get enough of my Passports! Right now using the RED which is such a head turner!

Posted via CB10
    01-16-17 11:17 AM
    I get converts all the time on this phone....the only glaring issue that pops up is Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and carrier compatibility. Everyone I know that has an iPhone hates iOS. Everyone that has Android wants an iPhone. Passport users seem to be the only ones that love their phones so much they keep them knowing it has huge downfalls. It's very similar to a Ferrari...horribly built, can't really use it much...but still a magical car that feels amazing to use. If Blackberry made a Passport 2 with Android (I know...square screen would be tough and BB10 is superior) and made it compatible on all networks it would be a huge success if marketed properly. This form factor and build is a huge winner...Blackberry should capitalize on it.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-17 01:01 PM
    I hate to say it but accessing some very world renowned sites are blocking BlackBerry 10 devices. Try Bloomberg main page. You'll see it specifically states it supports just about every modern browser except BB10

Posted via CB10
    Bloomberg works on Browsie browser.

Would you still buy a Passport today?-img_20170117_130044.png

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 06:11 AM
    Bloomberg works on Browsie browser.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170117_130044.png 
Views:	351 
Size:	350.5 KB 
ID:	415973

Posted via CB10
    Try Firefox. Works well for the ones we can't load properly

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 06:59 AM
    I just bought a new passport. Sold my original at&t version last year. Been using an iphone. Bought a new passport on amazon and it's such a joy to use. Really missed the awesome user experience. Could I use it today as my everyday driver? Idk would be a challenge but I'm gonna give it a go.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 07:08 AM
    Have a 2-yr old Passport Original. I have been using an iPhone 6+ and got so fed up with the animations and auto-correct cockups. So I refreshed the Passport. Took 2-days to restore battery life after it settled down (I want to delete all the android off it). Bought a Passport SE yesterday. I am far more effective with a Passport. It has real battery life (unlike iPhone) and has the essential apps. And no more rubbish!
    01-17-17 03:42 PM
    Nemory studios. Closing the real app gap that Blackberry failed to do. Shame on you John Chen. Happy to pay Nemory for good software. TS
    01-17-17 03:49 PM
2,427 ... 8384858687 ...