What other stuff can the Passport not do?

Need an iPhone? Whatever for? Social media?
    Lol...cute.

if you already use a Z10 or something, you're already behind the rest of the world so using a passport solely will suffice for you.
    When you're ready to catch up, get yourself a minimum iphone 5S or an equivalent android. Passport is ahead in typing, push and managing emails....everything else is exponentially done better by the competitors. You don't need me to tell you why you need an iphone.

Posted via CB10
    Barbareren and ratfinkstooley like this.
    01-06-17 08:41 PM
    Lol...cute.

if you already use a Z10 or something, you're already behind the rest of the world so using a passport solely will suffice for you.
    When you're ready to catch up, get yourself a minimum iphone 5S or an equivalent android. Passport is ahead in typing, push and managing emails....everything else is exponentially done better by the competitors. You don't need me to tell you why you need an iphone.

Posted via CB10
    Unlike using my Torch 9800 w/ hybrid OS6 until 2014, I don't feel like I'm behind with my Z10 and OS 10.3.3........yet.

As an AAPL shareholder, I'm extremely happy that the iPhone works for many, many, many users. They should all buy 2 or 3. I just don't like the eco-system and interface for my own use.

I'm also not thrilled with Android (my wife is on her second after leaving BB), but, hopefully, BlackDroid will be tolerable. Of course, that means $500 or higher. Is the higher cost really worth it? And how long before it's behind the rest of the world? Moore's Law and all that.

My primary use of a smartphone is calls, emails, text, and pictures (I've read mixed reviews on the PP's picture taking). I also use Google Maps and a few other Android apps courtesy of SNAP (until it quit) and now Cobalt. The main reason I haven't jumped to get a Passport, especially now that it's under $300 USD and would be a significant upgrade from my Z10, is the form factor. I like to operate one-handed and stick my phone in my back pocket a lot. Might be a minor to non-issue, but I wish I was able to handle one to more easily make that determination.
    01-09-17 02:38 PM
    Yes,only if they can resolve the "no carrier signal"-"emergency calls only" thing. Wake up blackberry. It's like you are in the matrix. Darn it.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-17 07:18 PM
    maybe.
    After two years of intense activity the battery of my Passport is barely able to go through a working day, so I will need a new phone soon, I am tempted by the SE but at the same time I wonder if it is worth to buy a phone with an old OS which has no future. I hate the idea of losing the unique form, the amazing keyboard, the speakers, the call quality, the easy way to manage all kinds of written communications but at the same time I realize that a feature that I use a lot - BlackBerry Assistant - is quite out of date by now and my life could be better with Siri (Google Now is even better but I like my life without Google). It is such a pity that BB10 was a failure.
    anon(8080272) likes this.
    01-10-17 10:34 AM
    I just order an unlocked OG. I plan to use it for work specifically with all of the emails and contacts I have. From the reading I have done I think it will be great thanks to folks like Cobalt (I need the DealerSocket APK to work) however some of the negativity surrounding the older OS have me worried. I have another phone for apps and the like but I have my fingers crossed for this phone.

Am I crazy?
    ratfinkstooley and YesAndNo like this.
    01-10-17 12:49 PM
    The mercury design is the closest we will get to passport. I think mercury is a nice hybrid between the classic and passport. I just hope the keyboard isn't too narrow.

Posted via CB10
    Nothing prevent BlackBerry or TCL to make a Passport like phone with a 4/3 screen ratio and the three rows keyboard instead of the 3/2 screen ratio and foor rows keyboard from the Mercury.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-17 07:22 AM
    Lol...cute.

Posted via CB10
    Lol...
    Browsing the Web and reading ebooks and office docs is so much better on the Passport screen.
    The Passport is better at listening to music thanks to bluetooth aptx and far better speakers than iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-17 07:43 AM
    I plan on buying another Passport when a really good deal presents itself. I still carry mine on a daily basis and it's awesome for reading, streaming music over Bluetooth (no stuttering unlike Android), and remotely connecting to my desktop along with many other things.
    01-11-17 08:36 AM
    Strongly considering a passport white version though.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    01-12-17 02:31 AM
    Today also and future also

Posted via CB10
    01-12-17 02:46 AM
    Will keep buying a passport until blackberry 10 no longer is around

Posted via CB10
    01-12-17 03:16 AM
    Why don't BlackBerry make a new Passport running Android OS.

Posted via CB Powered by Leap
    01-12-17 03:40 AM
  13. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    yessss.... tumorrow i willl buyyyy ittttt.... passport SE

Posted via CB10
    01-12-17 04:34 AM
    I think there's an issue here that's just not being said. Those who "need" all those apps are forgetting that all of these things, regardless of brands or OS are supposed to be a phone first. BlackBerry is a phone first then everything else. iPhones are iPods with phones and other stuff attached and Android is the me too response. So the iOS and Android are, in my opinion, entertainment first and then for work. All you need to do is read anything here or watch people on the street matching three colors or listening to music (usually before running into a wall or other people) to confirm that
    That said, the PP is great for email, txts and calls.
    If you need to type long reports there is this thing called a laptop. Or even a desktop...
    Yes we all want the Star Trek idea/ feeling of one machine to do it all, but we're nowhere near that yet, on ANY device.
    If you could care less about social media, and are just using a phone for work and occasional bs the use a Passport.
    If you are looking for the one machine to do everything, fire up your time machine and see what you find.

Posted via CB10
    ratfinkstooley and ots1960 like this.
    01-12-17 06:20 AM
    Yes.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-17 09:22 AM
    I bought the BlackBerry Passport black version and now definitely want to get another silver one.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-17 09:32 AM
    I bought the BlackBerry Passport black version and now definitely want to get another silver one.

Posted via CB10
    I'm one of those weirdos that actually prefers the black version over the silver edition. The black version is so BlackBerry and sleek. But either way, the Passport is THE device and I'm not leaving until I absolutely have to. And yes, I'd buy another!
    01-12-17 09:54 AM
    Why don't BlackBerry make a new Passport running Android OS.

Posted via CB Powered by Leap
    Discussed to death. Android OS doesn't support PP 1:1 screen.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.2163
    01-12-17 03:29 PM
    I'm one of those weirdos that actually prefers the black version over the silver edition. The black version is so BlackBerry and sleek. But either way, the Passport is THE device and I'm not leaving until I absolutely have to. And yes, I'd buy another!
    The back of the black version is also a bit rubbery and stains easily. It's also feels a little fragile. Silver edition is a tank.

Posted via CB10
    howsjau likes this.
    01-12-17 03:36 PM
    Totally agree. I've had both versions and decided to keep the black one. Sleeker indeed, classy and more discreet too

Posted via CB10
    01-12-17 03:56 PM
    I love white passport. It's like vanilla ice cream!
    01-12-17 04:59 PM
    Lol...
    Browsing the Web and reading ebooks and office docs is so much better on the Passport screen.
    The Passport is better at listening to music thanks to bluetooth aptx and far better speakers than iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    I hate to say it but accessing some very world renowned sites are blocking BlackBerry 10 devices. Try Bloomberg main page. You'll see it specifically states it supports just about every modern browser except BB10

Posted via CB10
    01-12-17 11:10 PM
    I think there's an issue here that's just not being said. Those who "need" all those apps are forgetting that all of these things, regardless of brands or OS are supposed to be a phone first. BlackBerry is a phone first then everything else. iPhones are iPods with phones and other stuff attached and Android is the me too response. So the iOS and Android are, in my opinion, entertainment first and then for work. All you need to do is read anything here or watch people on the street matching three colors or listening to music (usually before running into a wall or other people) to confirm that
    That said, the PP is great for email, txts and calls.
    If you need to type long reports there is this thing called a laptop. Or even a desktop...
    Yes we all want the Star Trek idea/ feeling of one machine to do it all, but we're nowhere near that yet, on ANY device.
    If you could care less about social media, and are just using a phone for work and occasional bs the use a Passport.
    If you are looking for the one machine to do everything, fire up your time machine and see what you find.

Posted via CB10
    Great post.

The problem is even with BlackBerry 10 BlackBerry lost their basic way of "Smart Phone ". It's always had issues with Contacts so dialing the correct number it's never lived up to previous BBOS standards of being a phone first.

Linking Contacts
    Having. To open a contact then it's settings to find out what data is there yet without Un-linking the contact information you have no idea what data belongs to which mailbox contact listing. This causes major issues like so many have reported over a year on these very forums and this very thread pages ago that receiving a call from a linked contact doesn't always show the caller ID. This is with/without network enabled and supported caller ID or caller notification.

Posted via CB10
    dannykavs likes this.
    01-12-17 11:14 PM
    Discussed to death. Android OS doesn't support PP 1:1 screen.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.2163
    Since Android OS 4.3 there is no specifically designated screen size or resolution. The OS will auto manage it. The apps newly written shouldn't have this issue if using standard API but many don't every developer wants and creates their own API.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-17 11:16 PM
    I liked the black too bro, just a little weird to get another black so i want a silver haha
    01-13-17 03:10 AM
2,427 ... 8283848586 ...